PDA

View Full Version : Thailand/Pattaya visit.....great! disappointing! fun! sad! surprising! wierd!

newalaan2
July 14th, 2016, 02:56
Just returned from latest Thailand trip, and a real mixed bag it was too. Sure it was low season I visit every June/July and it's the same every year, low season, quiet and mostly wet, but I was met with very very low season, exceptionally quiet and for the most part...not (that) wet!

Pattaya is still the "great" "fun" city central especially for a holiday visit like ours where 10 days is as long as I can enjoy it without repetition, but the level of quietness around Pattaya was a bit of a surprise.. Around other areas of Thailand it was the usual welcoming folk, and only the lack of rain in the rural areas a problem. This was the 'wierd' aspect of the trip, especially in Pattaya where June/July normally expects a downpour per day, yet most days there was no rain whatsoever, plenty of threats like dark skies, cloud but only a couple of real downpours in the time I was there. Many In Bagkok too were complaining of lowest of low seasons, Soi Twilight, Soi 4 were much quieter than usual, with the Tarntawan hotel at 40% capacity offering extra promotion until September.

There's no doubt Sunee was quietest I have experienced in 16 years and multiple visits over that time. Even at this low season time of year I can always find positives out of the situation. Only positive is that there are still loads of available boys all over town, less in Beer bars and agogos than normal, but tons on social media especially Hornet and Gay Romeo new app, as well as around town and the clubs.

First night in Pattaya was a bit "disappointing", heading from Mosaik near Tukcom along soi VC normally first stop would have been Colonial. Very sad to see it closed, and already being renovated by the middle eastern owners of Appolo round the corner, that along with Ramadan and shisha pipe ban saw none of the usual middle eastern/arab atmosphere, even few 650cc bikes around.

I didn't seek out info on what happened with Warwick the former owner of Cononial but was offered a few slightly differing perspectives from Thais/Farangs alike, but as none of them seemed to be back up with definitive facts I still felt in the dark about what really happened. I'll remember my very enjoyable times at Baan Dok Mai and Colonial bar when owned by Warwick and leave it at that.

Forest Bar open as usual with a few customers here and there as was Ouds Café with mine host and staff fun and welcoming as usual, Tin Tong Red is now established with regulars even the red sofas opposite the bar with some customers. But on that first night the upper part of the soi which is usually the busy part was eerily quiet. AllOfme was open with staff and but few customers, Diamond next door a 2-unit bar was shuttered, it opened later in trip, Eden next to it was open but very quiet with only 2 staff and boss, Euro Boys was closed for low season, as was next bar up and of course Sunny Boys, with Queens and Eros open. Rainbow and Green Chairs were open but very quiet.

Thankfully Double Shot was open every night due to the Euro Football being screened as Belgium, country of the owner, doing well. That gave at least decent light around thte corner. Duks was quieter than usual, but up beat the nights customers did open a bottle, Sky Bar was ok too, Good Boys very quiet, hardly saw a customer go in. All Of Me massage had one very busy night when birthday party for Ton? was in progress and livened up the soi from 9pm to 2am-ish with Karaoke, lights etc, birthday boy did well as he had a very long trail of Bt100 notes around his neck.

Low season, Ramadan, sisha ban and rain combined this trip to affect Sunee, I say rain, but even the threat of rain seems to deter local farang and visitors, many nights it did look threatening but rarely came to anything, also many of the sunee beer bars have umbrealls they will lend if there is a prolonged downpour.

For first time in years I visited all agogos in Sunee, all 3 of'em, rarely visit Eros but one of the old Happy Boys staff was outside when I passed so went in for a drink with him and to check out the place, good dozen lads there and couple of customers one had opened a bottle so all the lads round him, not really my scene but at least it was open. Power Boys had a dozen lads with 1/3rd gay/ femme lads and 2/3rs manboys, but only 2-3 customers, still the lads tried to engage from stage, as did the guys in Nice Boys 15 or so on stage and some decent lookers, with small contingent of femme types, but lively and a few customers.

It was here the owner/manager told me that long haired mamasan/waiter named Go/Goh had been killed on a trip back to Issan, everybody who spoke to me there was shocked so that was a very 'sad' visit as I've known him for years and he always gave me the heads up with many things including concerts in the area, busy clubs etc..he was about 33 but looked younger.

These impressions come from an occasional visitor like myself and maybe local expats see a different picture as they are there every night but even BT seemed more subdued than usual. Toyboys had as usual a good line up of lads, but the usual many Chinese customers usually there were absent, but papasan doing his best to entice customers in and keep them arbiet with some like myself the second drink being on the house. The outside show bars were hit and miss as usual depending on the particular night. Oscars seemed to do well most nights with Serene jumping at weekends and quiet most nights, Panorama usually is busy most of the evening but plenty of vacant tables thte nights we were in Boystown.

Even BzBzBz was much quitter than usual. The first night we visited it was buzzing, we parked ourselves on the terrace as it was bfs birthday so we opened Red and the management offered second Red for Bt500 inc mixers, so we took up 3 tables and a succession of waiters/friends and the gogo boys when show time was on to have a bit of birthday cake/sponge/icecream. But on subsequent nights not so buzzy around the place in or out. Many of the gogo lads have changed from being salaried to what is closer to freelance as the management have increased hours but not pay, so many find it better to come and go at times which suit them for drink commission/off fee commission and tips. There was a little underlying disgruntlement around but probably due to the new circumstances and lack of customers combined.

Over on the other Pattayland sois Cupidol was a pleasant "surprise", for ONCE in about a decade and a half the garb from manager/mamasan 'M' outside, was actually TRUE! we have many new boys inside! and there was! some good looking lads amongst them. Well worth a visit nowadays. Kawaii Boys had 2-3 attractive lads, but there is little atmosphere in the bar when not many customers, still managed to have a good laugh with the lads on stage. Popped in by Vassa known usually for more twinky boys, but more manly guys this visit, but again difficult to enjoy comfortably when the only customer, 6 pairs of eyes as well as waiters and mamansan staring at you, while it doesn't really phase me after all these years.....they would be better 'getting on' with something and let the customer relax. In fact the small beer bar next door is more interesting.

More on Cupidol..... was that they completed their move to opposite BzBzBz rear doors on 1st July, we were outside that evening but it was very busy on their terrace as there was some hiccup inside with agogo, but lots of very cute/attractive lads pushing for trade outside, not sure if they were staff, friends of staff there for the opening but lots of cute guys. Never made it back there to check out inside later in trip.

Didn't make it to Funny boys, Dream Boys or Xboys. I know there is a limit on the amount of characters one can use per post and not sure what it is so will make separate post about rest of trip.....Jomtien, Clubs, Bkk etc...

gerefan2
July 14th, 2016, 04:21
You are sooooo right about Ramadan. Beautifully quiet on Soi 17 near Yensabai and Sunnee plaza.
Regrettably it finished last week and the big bikes are back roaring about..all helmetless.
B/f says he has never seen so many Arabs in the area and he is quite right, they are back in droves.
Do they work?

lonelywombat
July 14th, 2016, 12:12
First night in Pattaya was a bit "disappointing", heading from Mosaik near Tukcom along soi VC normally first stop would have been Colonial. Very sad to see it closed, and already being renovated by the middle eastern owners of Apollo round the corner, that along with Ramadan and shisha pipe ban saw none of the usual middle eastern/arab atmosphere, even few 650cc bikes around.
Heard from a local that does good trade with visiting Arabs that the high school kids graduating have arrived in big numbers He is unsure if any are interested but there are almost a dozen around the burger bar just east of Colonial and numbers are high all night.He noticed a lot in a coffee bar close to Two Guys.
Seems strange they seem to ignore the problems local meat there but they are travelling by themselves
Looked at the reference to Apollo and wonder what they have in mind.

catawampuscat
July 14th, 2016, 12:19
You are sooooo right about Ramadan. Beautifully quiet on Soi 17 near Yensabai and Sunnee plaza.
Regrettably it finished last week and the big bikes are back roaring about..all helmetless.
B/f says he has never seen so many Arabs in the area and he is quite right, they are back in droves.
Do they work?

Many look like college students. Agree, very large numbers of young Arabs and motorbikes.

arsenal
July 14th, 2016, 16:36
A lovely report newalaan2. Very sad to hear about Go, He was always welcoming and used to come for a chat. I could ask him questions about the boys and he always told me the truth. I saw him the night he left NB, he was sat outside BBB nursing a beer. I didn't realise he was 33, a tragic death. RIP.

gerefan2
July 14th, 2016, 16:51
Good luck to the lovely hamburger lady. There were so many Arabs there the other night, she had a waitress serving them!
The noise from those big bikes goes on arounf
Yensabai condo until 6 or 7 in the morning. I'm glad I'm off next week and feel for the permanent tenants.

scottish-guy
July 14th, 2016, 17:00
I didn't know Go - but even though his demise was apparently a tragic accident it's a reminder to me that the fantasy world I choose to inhabit for a couple of weeks at at time contains many beautiful moths which live only for a short time, and that even their short time is often curtailed by flying too close to the flame.

As my beautiful BF says in his cute way "Most people have two-way ticket, but some have only one-way"

:(

newalaan2
July 14th, 2016, 22:55
Jomtien was busiest area and had the best atmosphere for me during my Pattaya visit. Some days I venture to Dong Tan beach very late in afternoon when it's a bit cooler, and the sea breeze is great, love just to sit on deck chair and relax with MP3 player and catch up with SMSs/messages/emails etc.. nice coffee at my preferred consession, and ice cool beer tops it off. Usually this would have been followed by a trip to Bondi, but as closed for some time now I sat on the Room Terrace close to the Dong Tan toilets, couple of very attractive waiters here, again nice place to relax in the breeze with plenty of opportunity to people watch, at the beach I don't really notice available boys as usually concentrating on something else, but sitting at Room Terrace I noticed lots of Thai guys clearly looking for hook ups later in the day. Waiters here nice guys, happy to chat, the one I got on best with was from Cambodia, he looked Thai and spoke Thai so was surprised when he said where he was from, I had my guitar that day and he was a bit of a music buff with good knowledge of Thai and western music.

Usually followed by a stroll up by Dicks Café and a seat either there or one of the other beer bars, nice to catch up with formere Solid Bar of Bkk mamas an who has run one of these bars for some time now, also good to see a few westerners like me enjoying the early evening breeze on that soi, so the bars did have a few customers drinking wine etc.. Then follow that up with a stroll up the main Complex Soi and every visit now seem to spot another new bar. The soi now is virtually lined both sides of the street from The Pine to the Venue, full of staff and good number of customers too. Reminds me of the Sunee Beer bars of 3-4 years ago when it was at it busiest. I found the staff at virtually all the bars very keen to interact, they will leave you alone if you want but are quick to take up an offer to sit with you.

Bars too many to name and as I said in another thread not a huge difference between them but each has some small difference from the next be it Buffet/food like Dolce Vita, Pool like L&M, Cambodian lads like BM, top service like Question Mark, 2-3 bars with a large staff of 'manly-men' (saw the owner of Double Shot at a couple of these bars), and bars with lots of staff like The Sun which had about 15 guys in attendance. A couple of the bars like Kiss and 4T had waiters happy to approach and were good company, easy to have a good laugh.

On a separate night we visited a bit later about 8pm, starting at The Pine for a bite to eat and cocktails. The food is good here, although we just ate Thai so not sure about western offerings, nice view of Soi, stars above when not too cloudy and excellent live band who can turn their hand to anything, Simon/Garfunkle...beatles....rock and for an hour of their set have a female who covers many of the western female singers very accurately. Great service here, and the cocktails are very good, when the bill came I was surprised to see the cocktails half price from usual Bt175 to Bt85, it wasn't advertised on their lower level with just a banner at the back behind me upstairs offering cocktails half price before 10pm. They did have a few customers apart from us but they should advertise 'specials' a bit more obviously on the lower level and might attract a few extra.

Long time since bf had been to The Venue and wanted 'an easy' night so we headed down there in time for second show of 3, drinks Heineken/Vodka Bt175 per drink and a surprisingly excellent show, high octane in bits and very professional, couple of younger twinky cute guys helped on the eye candy front, and a very funny skit featuring one of the younger lads which went down very well. I expected just to stay for 2nd show then scarper, we were pleased we decided to go for another drink and see the last show too which finished about 12am, all the entertainers made their way to the exit and wished everyone farewell. Very professional compared to BT show bars IMHO, and I'm not a favourite of any of the show bars!

Another weird/surprise was that this was the first trip I have made to Jomtien over a few years where getting a SongTaew from Sth Pattaya to Jomtien was easy, and no long que's on way back as you near Sth Pattaya, also at midnight there were plenty of available Songtaews on way back to Sth Pattaya, probably just underlined how quiet the whole of Pattaya was this trip.

As for the clubs.......didn't get to as many as would have liked due to the fact while we were based at Mosaik in Pattaya we did venture to Bkk and places around from there so that restricted a lot of late nights. But NAB was it's usual busy self even in these quieter times and as usual very enjoyable. Again TamNanIssan was best fun for me, visited 3 times, as usual bf only went 'reluctantly' but loved it! we were on beer towers here and food as usual excellent. As the guys at Duks Bar say...."low season in Pattaya but NEVER low season at Tam Nan Issan!" and they're right! Saw/met/bumped into/visited by many lads from BT, Sunee I know around Pattaya, many old friends and nice to catch up, but time here just flies away and it was 3-4am very quickly, our leaving time.

Didn't manage to get to new Club "Bone" but spoke to a few lads who had visited it and they liked it, some changed to drinking Vodka here and more HiSo than other places, also surprised to learn it is huge, bigger than Hollywood according to some. Couple nights before we departed found out about another potential venue I might like, called KHON LA FAN apparently is like the old Tawan Daeng/Kupan old style of pub with lower and upper tiers with Folk rock as well as DJ and indie music, and according to 'my source' packed most nights like TamNanIssan, it is up beside Tan Nan Chon down one of the smaller sois up there but is a big venue also hosts Thai Superstars when they visit city like Loso, Pongsit etc.. hopefully Colmx might 'ask around' and find out a bit more (or already knows) from his 'contacts' if my info is true, if so that'll be on the list for next trip which i'll be booking soon.

With the gay areas pleading lowest of low season, I found all of Pattaya to be as quiet as I have seen it, with everybody from clubs, walking St, North Pattaya and the girly beer bar complexes all complaining more than usual. I know a few guys who work in the North Pattaya beer bars/rock bars bands and they said these bars normally closed about 4am, now closing 2am sharp and so loss of earnings for them, not sure if political reason or just lack of customers but it seems the Army are starting to have more influence now they are part of Pattaya Council.

Busiest part I found on my travels was Soi Len Kee/Metro up off Soi Bochaw straight up through Soi Dianna, plenty of customers at the outside bars everywhere, with more Katoey bars than I remember from previous trips, also lots of bars celebrating this birthday or that reason with balloons outside and much 'dancing in the streets' literally. I know guys who work up this area in music and at least the tip boxes seemed reasonably filled. Lively place all around these sois. Easy 10 baht SongTaew back to TukCom from here and plenty passing, every few seconds.

Stayed at Mosaik as usual on Pattaya part of the trip, for once I got the unit I had actually booked as usually I get upgraded to larger room as the room we prefer is a Prestige Studio which is usually in demand for their hotel style nightly room lets, the room had been upgraded since last stayed in one as there are only 2 rooms like this in the complex with balconies which is our preference, new furniture all round, now sturdy quality wardrobe, dining table, TV unit and bed with deep mattress with topper and so very comfortable for us. New cooking unit, kettle/hot water dispenser, coffee/tea which never saw before, new shower fittings, microwave, DVD and flat sceen TV as well as new comfy cushions. all for under Bt1000 per night excluding elect/water/cleaning. Saw lots of Chinese customers come and go at the E-standard room building behind our room and still seemed very busy there compared to other businesses. Reception area now set up like hotel reception with large counter for checking in/out as this seems to be as big a part of their trade as much as the weekly room lets.

Suvarnabhumi Airport was busy but not packed on arrival or departure. My arrival was about 10am and no Que at immigration, straight through and as usual luggage through quick also. But exiting the luggage area through Customs was very slow with long Ques, this was due to the fact they have cut the exit width in half and everyone is corralled into a couple of lines where they now choose lots of cases at random to go through the scanner, it was a huge bottleneck with arriving Chinese who all bunch together anyway, had to make sure I stayed furthest away from officials and push pst the slow coaches to avaoid being picked randomly for an Xray check, don't know how new this latest initiative is or how it will last but after a long flight it's a pain in the arse.

Pattaya Limo supplied the large comfy Honda car at Bt1200 to Pattaya, and excellent driver no faster than 120kph, complimentary water in the car and about 90 mins to Pattaya from airport, still highly recommended.

Again not sure maximum allowable characters per post and as its a bit rambling anyway will post rest of trip info later.

newalaan2
July 17th, 2016, 20:15
A lovely report newalaan2. Very sad to hear about Go, He was always welcoming and used to come for a chat. I could ask him questions about the boys and he always told me the truth. I saw him the night he left NB, he was sat outside BBB nursing a beer. I didn't realise he was 33, a tragic death. RIP.
I don't usually get sentimental about guys I've never been with but Go was an exception to the rule regarding waiters/mamasans, he always gave a great welcome and since he had known me for a few years knew that sometimes I liked to be on my own to engage with the boys on stage, and sometimes I was happy to have someone sit for a drink. After showing me to a seat he would always have a smirk about him and would ask simply..'alone?' or 'I can sit?' Got tons of info from him over the years. My first visit to Nice Boys on this trip I was sitting with a drink, as usual Beer, mamasan and the 3 waiters I know came over just to say 'hello' but this time each one of them made a point of sitting beside me at separate times and asked if anyone had told me about Go. Beer showed me some pics of him on his phone, and I only asked the mamasan what actually happened, he mumbled something about boyfriend back home......incident...but wasn't clear about the circumstances so it didn't seem right to press any further and left it at that.

Scottish-guy seems to have information that it was an accident, so would be keen to know if that came from a reliable source.

Just some more bits 'n bobs from trip as I remember.

This time flew up to Khon Kaen as rather than hire vehicle in Pattaya/Bkk decided to use Bf's family vehicle, so fly up and drive back via couple stop offs. Flew with AirAsia, one way Bt1300 for 20Kg, booked Mosaik Pattaya for a longer period this time and left a lot of stuff there and just used it as a base to come and go, so only had one case to take. Very impressed with the 'new' Don Muang airport, last visit there was a free-for-all at case Xray, check-in etc.. this time it was completely different. Now a modern looking hub, check-in desks laid out same as Suvarnabhumi, short ques compared to 'old Don Muang' so bag drop was just a few minutes with no problems. Through in departures there is a nice shopping area, and usual Burger Kings but also cafes, Starbucks etc New toilets are very plush far better than Suvarnabhumi. Flight an easy 55 mins, no sooner reaching cruising alt than announcement for landing.

Only initially had 3 days in Khon Kaen with plans to return later in trip, but BREXIT fiasco put paid to that as had to attend to unexpected home business. Followed the bookies on the Brexit outcome and the 'whim' vote caught all by surprise. I knew Scotland would vote 'Remain' overwhelmingly as there seemed no stomach for more uncertainty just like the referendum for Scotland to Remain in UK, but also Nicola and the Scot Nats had a 'vote remain' policy in place and fortunately that had a significant impact on the Scottish votes, pity about the English attitude. Anyway, so needed couple days of guaranteed good WiFi for online access and time to chat on phone which meant no return to Issan this time.

This was a pity as had organised a meet-up with CDNmatt from the forum in Khon Kaen City on my planned return there. Did sms a couple times and have a nice chat with him on his Thailand based mobile, and he was kind to offer a meet up before he knew anything of my change of circumstances, I found him to be a nice guy and absolutely credible as I've always considered and totally genuine in his attempts to meet up, it was my fault it didn't happen this time. If he's still in Khon Kaen on my next visit in October will definitely arrange another meet up.

Drove back to Pattaya with couple of stop-offs, and another surprise was that there 'apparently' is no longer police pay-offs at check points. We were stopped twice at genuine stops, once when bf was driving and he had to show all kinds of papers before being allowed to continue with no suggestion of money, and I was pulled over in another near Korat but when officer saw the farang face he just waved me on. So if the police no longer get cash from stops where will they now look to subsidise their wages?

Went to a big concert of Thai Folk/Rock 'superstars' Maleehuana at Country Place, Rangist next to Future Park, Bangkok. This used to be a massive Brewery Pub that we'd been to before years ago, but while still quite big in the main auditorium it had been re-modelled as seems to be the latest fashion with a restaurant outside and a separate smaller outdoor quieter bar area with acoustic guitar/singer for more laid back chatty place with mostly couples sitting together rather than the groups of Thais in the concert area.

Is it possible for a westerner to be part of a Thai experience, or are you forever the 'outsider?' well a visit here as the only westerner in the place was inclusive. It makes a huge difference if you know the band/songs and in that respect is just like a gig back home as everyone there has a common goal, the music of the artist everyone has come to see, no matter age, colour or anything else and has a camoraderie feel. Never see fights at these events and everyone is well plastered! and see Thais from different tables or passing chat/chink glasses with strangers. As I know many of the songs through playing them on guitar with Thai musician friends I can sing along, they are genuinely great songs which would easily stand up against western artists. So had a lot of men, females, boys come over for a glass chink or 'sabaideemai' many able to talk a little english especially after a few drinks. Bf said a few Thais came up to him just to say they noticed the 'farang' at his table was enjoying himself and seemed to know the band songs and would it be ok to approach. So that was a great night, and all it takes is a bit of effort to absorb some Thai cultural things to have a great time.

Although most of the trip had little/no rain, near the end of Pattaya leg and when we got to Bkk at end of trip there were downpours. This always affects Pattaya bar numbers but in Bkk rarely makes an impact but Bangkok near Silom seemed much more subdued than normal. Soi Twilight was very quiet the nights we visited as was Soi 4 which is normally busy any time of year but was much quieter than I have seen it on previous June/July visits. Didn't help that first night was a Monday when no traders are permitted on Silom pavements, also still rumours/word that it is planned to make that permanent, but to a large degree its the traders own fault. When I first visited Silom the traders left plenty of space at least 2 a breast on the pavement, then they started encroaching further into that space so only room for a single line and very wide stalls,if they pared back to small stalls and at least 2 a breast for walking it could easily have remained, sometimes its difficult to understand the Thai thinking behind these things, even the guys in the bars agreed that the traders have casued their own problems.

But still a good atmosphere soi 4 with the customers who did brave the rainy conditions, as I say Soi Twilight quiet, the barkers even more desperate to get punters in, saw more than a few close calls for potential trouble as doormen grabed/literally forced Asian customers into Gogos with many pulling their arms, sleeves away just as aggressively as the doormen's grip. Old Solid Bar mamasan, who does have the demeanour of 'glass half empty' at the best of times was very negative, he said he understands all about low season, rain etc..seen it all before but said he has never seen things as quiet and low as this year. I stopped by for a quick drink on way back to hotel about 6pm , later out with bf about 9pm went back to his bar and in the 3 hours in between he didn't have a single customer sit for a Bt100 drink! He had 3 good looking freelancers working there, but as it is so far up the soi by the time many potential customers have ran the gauntlet of doormen they just look to get back down the soi and avoid the barkers, they don't seem to have time to consider where to sit or go.

Mind you, OldSolid didn't do him self any favours by not having his Bt100 per drink! sign NOT prominately on display, it was sitting at the back of the bar. Advised him to get a better looking sign and have on display at the front where punters might see it first. Bet you it's still at the back! I think its a good place just to sit down and give yourself a minute away from the doormen to think where you want to go so you can go directly there. It's only Bt100 for coke, beer, Vodka so very cheap compared to other options. Maxis, Banana Bar, and Hotmale beer bar seem to do ok just because of their position in the soi at entrance, but further up dead, didn't see one customer go into Classic, and the Vietnam staffed bar next to OldSolid was deserted of customers, not one in the time I was there, yet about 6 staff sitting around, they don't even attempt to entice punters in, just look up from phones with a glance if someone passes and eyes back to the screen!

Headed to DJ station after Soi Twilight about 1am, very quiet, it did fill a little nearer 2am, but only downstairs dancing area was anything like full, first floor only had a dozen or so punters, and through from there where the steps take you down the rear exit that area seems to be newly jazzed up, the new toilets I remember which are very nice, but there seemed to be new seating and great lighting in that area now where the bars is. Left there 3am didn't bother with GOD, and the streets seemed deserted, only a hadful hanging round Burger King outside and very eery walk back to Tarntawan.

Ran out of 'character space'...maybe just as well as always seem to include a lot of repeat info similar to previous trips.

francois
July 17th, 2016, 22:58
Zut alors! Alaan are you the same Scotsman who sits alone at All of Me Bar in Sunee Plaza and just watches the world go by? :D

newalaan2
July 18th, 2016, 04:50
Zut alors! Alaan are you the same Scotsman who sits alone at All of Me Bar in Sunee Plaza and just watches the world go by? :D
In times of reflection, quietly relaxing or engaging in the absurd western habit of 'thinking too much' with my MP3 player headphone in one ear, blissfully unengaged with the world....indeed I am that (Scots)man!

scottish-guy
July 18th, 2016, 15:30
...Scottish-guy seems to have information that it was an accident, so would be keen to know if that came from a reliable source...

I dont have ANY information other than what YOU posted (below) - which I interpreted as meaning some kind of road accident?

...the owner/manager told me that long haired mamasan/waiter named Go/Goh had been killed on a trip back to Issan

I apologise if inferred something other than you meant to convey - but I think that's what many people would take from those words.

The reason I then put accident in bold was to differentiate Go's demise from my subsequent comments about beautiful moths flying too close to the flame - I did not wish to suggest that the victim of a road accident (as I took from your words) played any part in their own death.

;)

newalaan2
July 18th, 2016, 16:29
I dont have ANY information other than what YOU posted (below) - which I interpreted as meaning some kind of road accident? I apologise if inferred something other than you meant to convey - but I think that's what many people would take from those words. ;)
That's fair enough, I genuinely thought (and hoped) that maybe you had heard from another source or perhaps mention had been made on another gay Thailand forum I was not aware of where another member knew how Go died. Re-reading my post I can see where an en-route incident could be taken from the text, that's the problem with rattling out 10,000 characters, a more precise word can be found sometimes to convey a meaning. I should have said he was killed 'during' a holiday back in his home village rather than on the trip home. As morbid as it sounds I would have preferred to hear he died innocently in an accident which could happen to anyone rather than any sinister targeted incident which could have been avoided.

arsenal
July 18th, 2016, 17:17
[QUOTE=newalaan As morbid as it sounds I would have preferred to hear he died innocently in an accident which could happen to anyone rather than any sinister targeted incident which could have been avoided.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Me too.