View Full Version : Holiday Season

Surfcrest
July 13th, 2016, 11:39

Thailand will celebrate a 5 day weekend coming up, July 16 through July 20 with:

Tuesday 19th July: Asanha Bucha Day (Extra holiday on Monday 18th)
Wednesday 20th July: Khao Phansa

There will be a 48 hour ban on the sale of alcohol in Thailand on Tuesday 19th & Wednesday 20th July 2016

scottish-guy
July 13th, 2016, 14:50
I was gonna say that'll be the teacups coming out in the Sunnee bars again (to hide the booze) - but from recent reports theres not many bars left!

christianpfc
July 16th, 2016, 16:59
The picture is most probably from Wat Phra Thammakay (Pathum Thani province).

loke
July 17th, 2016, 00:23
What will happen in Pattaya on Monday and Tuesday ? All bars closed?

gerefan2
July 17th, 2016, 05:28
Def shut Tuesday....but who knows for sure. TiT ...
Just imagine Christmas, Easter , Whitsun, etc., with all pubs closed in the UK...or elsewhere...doesn't begger belief does it!

scottish-guy
July 17th, 2016, 14:29
Maybe I've misunderstood you Gerefan - but where do UK pubs shut on Easter or Whitsun nowadays? Certainly not in Scotland.

(Whatever the fuck "Whitsun" even is - some kind of maypole dancing day in England?)

Nirish guy
July 17th, 2016, 16:51
Oh I think you can safely guess the answer to where in the Uk bars still shut at Easter and it is of course here in gods very own bible belt of god fearing Ulster !

The pubs here ( and in Southern Ireland) close on good Friday ( and to totally confuse tourists that's from 5pm in the South but the Norths don't open until 5pm which leads to SO many confused tourists walking about sitting drinking cups of tea - REAL tea in bars as just like Thailand many open but don't serve alcohol - and again like Thailand "in theory if you're in the know) likewise the bars then close early on Easter Saturday night I believe.

To be fair here in the North at least everyone's fuckiing sick of it and it's killing our tourist message but with the hardcore Christian DUP in charge here that's not a law I see changing soon.

I was going to say in years to come I could have seen a test case going forward by some publican under EU law saying it was infringing his personal liberties or some such thing, but I guess we can kiss bye bye to that chance now too :-(

arsenal
July 17th, 2016, 19:45
NIrish: It does sound rather confusing but that sorry state of affairs is in part to due to the influence of religion in the whole of Ireland both North and South. It is certainly not the case in England where bars can open for 24 hours whenever they choose to. As for Pattaya, well I would put money on the fact that X-Boys will be open both nights and probably A-Bomb as well. Whether they will be serving alcohol I don't know.

gerefan2
July 17th, 2016, 21:47
As you say bars open in England. Sorry I was unclear about that...
What I meant was imagining a holiday period in England without beer! Impossible.

loke
July 18th, 2016, 06:55
So to make it clear its Tuesday and Wednesday they will stop selling alcohol in bars?