PDA

View Full Version : Have the Arabs coffee houses disappeared, now the Hookah and Shisha smoking banned

lonelywombat
June 10th, 2016, 08:05
Several recently returned visitors have indicated the demise of the "smoking" lounges that seemed to dominate the streets around Sunee.

The huge problem after those lounges were the teen motor bike riders, that were allowed to speed day and night with no police interest

One trader said that after Ramadan there could be a fall off. However my friends have stayed at Mosaik and the Arab families seem to still be coming.

There was some disagreement about Shisha bars in soi 1 Boyztown Maybe they have been withdrawn.

But if the Arabs lose their shisha bars will this be enough to see them look elsewhere?

garypattaya
June 10th, 2016, 08:21
I still see the Arabs smoking the Hookah, although it is now "ordered" and delivered to the Bar.

The Eldorado has changed to a Arabic themed Bar .

latintopxxx
June 10th, 2016, 08:39
Well thank heavens they are going to be around, last time in Pattaya I hooked up with one in his mid twenties...what a delight he was. So butch in public but an absolute bottom man pussy behind closed doors.

Oliver
June 10th, 2016, 10:42
The demise of these bars near Sunee has not helped the attractiveness of that area. I sometimes stroll past the new Paradise Hotel and across Soi VC and from there around Sunee. Now, the area is dark and depressing. Crazy Dragon used to light-up Sunee but now that sign is dark, too. You have walk fifty or so meters up the soi before you reach any sort of activity....on my last visit, that consisted of the guys outside Good Boys.
I forecast that this would be the result of the ban while others were celebrating the end of the Arab presence in the area.....well, you got what you wanted; satisfied?

lonelywombat
June 10th, 2016, 11:22

Just checked Nickys map Could not find it I thought it was opposite the pool

latintopxxx
June 10th, 2016, 11:22
now that u mention good boys....isnt the talent available lounging on the bikes out front just scary???

neddy3
June 10th, 2016, 15:00

Really? Could someone verify please.

francois
June 10th, 2016, 20:10
ElDorado does have a new owner. There is a sign with Arabic lettering also a sign with "Paris" in the wording. Something like Cafe Paris (French pronunciation of course).

Guess there will no longer be any pork on the menu?

francois
June 10th, 2016, 21:25
Just been thinking that perhaps the new owners of El Dorado are Lebanese which could explain usage of Arabic and Paris in their signs? Beirut/Lebanon is known as the Paris of the Middle East.

francois
June 14th, 2016, 03:39
I saw a post on Gaythailand forum that the new owner of the old ElDorado is Iranian and the English name is New Pars. So much for Paris!

a447
June 14th, 2016, 15:45
now that u mention good boys....isnt the talent available lounging on the bikes out front just scary???

What bikes out front?? There aren't any. The guys sit on stools now and have done so for a long while. They park their bikes outside the now closed Krazy Dragon.

Didn't you tell us you are there just last month??

latintopxxx
June 14th, 2016, 18:32
a447....nice, missed you....still on the meds???

a447
June 14th, 2016, 20:08
Just pointing out that your post about being in Pattaya last month was obviously a lie.

The last time you were there was when the guys sat on their motorcycles outside Goodboys. That was a long time ago,

Carry on!

arsenal
June 14th, 2016, 21:34
The French pronunciation of the word Paris is quite clearly wrong and just one more reason why the English don't like them.

dinagam
June 14th, 2016, 21:42
The French couldn't possibly be wrong!

But Paris rhymes with Penis!

francois
June 15th, 2016, 04:23
Just checked Nickys map Could not find it I thought it was opposite the pool
El Dorado now New Pars. See map.