PDA

View Full Version : Zing resort and spa Jomtien

gedykaie
May 28th, 2016, 03:55
Hi guys thinking of staying there for this years hols in November anyone know if its good place,value for money

dinagam
May 28th, 2016, 11:16
Of late I always try to get a room here as it's located in Jomtian complex, very convenient for visiting the bars and going to the beach 300m away.
The standard room is value for money at 700 baht during low season, without breakfast. Comfortable bed, & Wi-Fi is ok. I appreciate the tea/coffee making facilities.
The swimming pool is big enough for doing laps.
Visitors are welcome if introduced at reception.
On the whole a neat & clean place with efficient staff.

francois
May 28th, 2016, 11:28
A friend stayed there recently and was pleased with the accommodations.

Steve1903
May 28th, 2016, 19:25
Was there last year. Room good enough but I'd not bother with the breakfast. Overpriced and not good.

Moses
May 28th, 2016, 19:37
Zing is formerly Ganimede? As I can see at google-map by location.

They had a good sauna and good coffee at past. Sauna past year was so-so - "3 points from 10". Coffee also not good anymore since their barrister left them, and new one... ok, he is just "new one"...

goji
May 28th, 2016, 20:41
Zing is formerly Ganimede? As I can see at google-map by location.
They had a good sauna and good coffee at past. Sauna past year was so-so - "3 points from 10". Coffee also not good anymore since their barrister left them, and new one... ok, he is just "new one"...

Since this is rebranded as a non-gay hotel, I presume there must be hardly any action at the sauna now ?

francois
May 28th, 2016, 22:50
Was there last year. Room good enough but I'd not bother with the breakfast. Overpriced and not good.

So room was good and breakfast not good? Or just overpriced and not good at all?

Moses
May 29th, 2016, 00:32
Since this is rebranded as a non-gay hotel, I presume there must be hardly any action at the sauna now ?

There are no dark massage room anymore, instead there is wide window to pool area and gym. Also womens are allowed to enter sauna. So no place for actions anymore.

gedykaie
May 29th, 2016, 02:12
Many thanks for all replies guys,will give it a go I think thanks again

Steve1903
May 30th, 2016, 02:41
So room was good and breakfast not good? Or just overpriced and not good at all?

The room was decent but not special, the breakfast was overpriced and poor quality. The location is good.

scottish-guy
May 30th, 2016, 18:53
...Coffee also not good anymore since their barrister left them...

Everybody is so litigious these days!

"Zing" apparently engaging a barrister to make the coffee possibly stems from the time that Monty famously used chicken soup to poison the fat cunt previous owner of this forum.

:cool:

Moses
May 30th, 2016, 19:43
:)

I can't live without coffee: I have low blood pressure. Yes' I'm picky. Also - it is hard to find good coffee in Thailand. There were 2 coffee points in Jomtien for me at past: Hoek van Hollan next to Bondi and Ganimede/Zing where Jame made very good coffee. He even knew what means words "coffee romano"!

At 2015 I went to Zing and found new barista there. He knows only how to push start button on coffee-machine. Now only Hoek van Hollan ;(

scottish-guy
May 30th, 2016, 19:49
LOL, Moses - let me spell it out for you - the word you are (still) looking for is Barista .

A Barrister is a lawyer who works in the higher law courts

Moses
May 30th, 2016, 20:27
LOL, Moses - let me spell it out for you - the word you are (still) looking for is Barista .

A Barrister is a lawyer who works in the higher law courts

Yeah. I wrote that word at first time :) In russian it is the same barista. But spell-checker changed it to "barrister" :)))) I wasn't sure but didn't made check in glossary :))) Sorry guys

Thank you scottish-guy :)

As a gift - photo of Jame:

dinagam
May 30th, 2016, 20:43
Moses,
you certainly know your coffee & barista ;-)

Davey612
September 9th, 2016, 00:27
A friend of mine recommended this hotel. Any joiner's (spelling? I haven't been around) fees?

Smiles
September 9th, 2016, 07:12
Monty famously used chicken soup to poison the fat cunt previous owner of this forum.
I would have expected such a vulgar and nasty accusation from, er, let's say, the likes of Donald Trump (while looking out over his Aberdeen links and spying yet another crofter messing up his peat moss mound simply out of spite) ... not Anne, Queen of Scots.
However ... very very funny though. Just fell out of bed laughing, it being 7 AM here in Thailand.

Smiles
September 9th, 2016, 07:14
As a gift - photo of Jame:

He looks happy. Not had his cappicino yet?
Living on the steppe, perhaps Mose's likes 'em dour.

dinagam
September 9th, 2016, 08:08
I read some precise information at the counter during check in. Joiners are allowed (probably just one at a time), provided they carry a valid id. Sometimes the staff at reception retains the id of your guests.

I think Moses friend Jame has that sultry look :-)