View Full Version : Anyone else get a free umbrella from 7/11?

cdnmatt
May 15th, 2016, 22:19
Rainy season seems to be coming, because apparently 7/11 is handing out free umbrellas. No idea what the eligibility requirement is, but I just got one. It was a 1100 baht bill, so maybe that was it, or I'm just a lucky customer#, or who knows. The girl clerk said something to a guy, he took off, she asked me to wait, and I was assuming he was just grabbing change from the safe, but he came back with an umbrella. :) Nice little umbrella too, which will come in handy, because I don't have one. To be honest, when it's +35C out, I really don't mind wandering around in the rain a little.

Anyone else get one yet? If not, go drop over 1000 baht at 7/11, and see what happens. Maybe you'll get one too. :)

Christian, I'm not sure, how should we do this? Should I take a photograph of myself beside the umbrella with a spoon on my nose, or should I rush back down to the 7/11 and get a video interview with the clerk that handed me the umbrella, or??? lol

newalaan2
May 17th, 2016, 03:38
Christian, I'm not sure, how should we do this? Should I take a photograph of myself beside the umbrella with a spoon on my nose, or should I rush back down to the 7/11 and get a video interview with the clerk that handed me the umbrella, or??? lol

Jeez cdnmatt you really don't need to go to all THAT trouble, all you need to do is find 30 minutes of your time when I am in Khon Kaen next month......meet up, say hello-goodbye and I'll be able to report back and confirm that not only do you exist, but that existence is based in Khon Kaen.

Although only in Khon Kaen area for couple nights/3 days before heading off around the kingdom, for sure one of the mornings/afternoons we will be in Khon Kaen city centre for a shopping trip, (Centran, Pratunam, Lotus..etc?)and surely there could be time for a very quick exchange of pleasantries. Reply post to confirm, then PM's for details. Easy as that!

dinagam
May 17th, 2016, 10:27
He could simply send an imposter & no one would be wiser...

newalaan2
May 17th, 2016, 23:44
He could simply send an imposter & no one would be wiser...

So true, but why? Why would somebody want to 'pretend' they live in Khon Kaen of all places?

But nevermind it's already all organised, I'll be in Khon Kaen anyway so nothing to lose for me. If a 5' 6" person with Asian features, jet black hair who has advised me to meet in Centran instead of Central turns up I'll certainly have my doubts.......

However as I'm dealing with a well known, respected long time SGT member what could possibly go wrong?

cdnmatt
May 18th, 2016, 11:57
So true, but why? Why would somebody want to 'pretend' they live in Khon Kaen of all places?

What? You don't think it's glorious to live in a scorching hot swamp land?

heh.