PDA

View Full Version : mens factory

gregvc
May 7th, 2016, 23:18
Mens factory is closed as per a notice on the door. For relocation. Plenty of cement bags outside the empty building . With the great location in silom, how could they go wrong? But they did.

pong
May 8th, 2016, 17:42
Hello, admire your unending work to keep us informed on all 30+ of BKK's gay sauna's-that number alone (I think more as double fpr any recognised main gay city in this world) alone sugggests there must be a giant oversupply of such play-rooms. What further may be the real reason-that has also closed venues like Albury, Aqua, Adonis etc is the price of rents and real estate in that prime area of town (I think you are US, so you must know about ''its about location-location-location'' for prices). And, uh, sorry to mention, but it also seems clear to me that demand and hence supply for gay services is dwindling, also in TH/BKK.

fountainhall
May 8th, 2016, 18:43
I think pong hits the nail bang on its head - rents now too high in central locations and the gay apps making it much easier to find home massage services and sex. Certainly Albury and Aqua with their large car parks in addition to just two-floor premises in areas where high rises now predominate could never have survived much longer than they did. And that's a great pity because I was a regular at Albury from the day after it opened (I was staying with friends on Suk Soi 15 at the time and we decided to check it out).

With Hero being in virtually the same location as the original Albury, I wonder how much longer it can hold out.

ChristianPFC's latest blog has a list of the 25 saunas currently operating in the city. Apart from Babylon, Heaven and Sauna Mania, it seems virtually all the rest are well out of the city centre -

http://christianpfc.blogspot.com

pong
May 9th, 2016, 20:59
@Hero: me thinks it all depends if they rent or own the house. As most of you know, most lease-terms in TH are for 3 years fixed. If one owns, it might get very tempting if some big International hotelchain or whatever shows interest in the location-to tear it down and replace with the next skyscraper.
BUT; then look at the buildings that house Arena and till a few weeks ago Uniman: half of it empty and what is there in utter neglect. Also just the few odd mtrs. from that prime area.