View Full Version : Death of TOQ, John Lewis overnight

lonelywombat
May 1st, 2016, 12:03
While on the topic of End of Life, a gentleman, par excellence, John Lewis, aka, TOQ, passed away today as reported on Gaybuttonthai.com

http://gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7778

This was posted on another thread The gaybutton thread has many more tributes

Khor tose
May 1st, 2016, 13:06
I was always extremely impressed by his sense of humor, and the strong ties he had with his partner's family. Missed, but not forgotten.

MiniMee
May 1st, 2016, 15:06
Oh. That really is sad news. John was indeed a gentleman. RIP TOQ.

bucknaway
May 1st, 2016, 17:38
I met him a few years back on the beach of Jomtien. That was when I also met George. If first impressions mean anything, he struck me as a total class act and genuine nice guy. I'm sad to hear of his passing.

newalaan2
May 2nd, 2016, 10:42
A lovely genuine gentleman. Met him many years ago originally I think possibly at the old memories bar. Would always come over to chat and go out of his way to say hello if he saw me in Pattaya when my trips and his visits from his Thai home coincided.

Very sad indeed.

Surfcrest
May 2nd, 2016, 16:32
I met John down at the Beach, we exchanged user names and talked about all the old characters that have come and gone from this Board and the others, over the years. He was known here as TOQ, (Tired Old Queen) and was here since the beginning and going farther back than that. He was here last on April 22nd. John also had his own blog that he posted to, not so much lately...but more so early on. John had a warm smile and and a warm personality that made him a pleasure to talk to. He will be missed.

Surfcrest.

https://toqs.wordpress.com/

Rainwalker
May 5th, 2016, 17:21
Prayers for John Lewis start tomorrow at Wat Tam.

The final service and cremation will be Monday.

If anything changes, I will let you know."

-- from a text message on Thursday at 4:45 PM by John Collins, a very good friend of John's and the guy who takes care of things around TOQ's death.

Rainwalker
May 5th, 2016, 22:33
On Monday at Wat Tam, prayers for John Lewis start at 7:30 PM and will be followed by his cremation.

Suggested arrival time for friends and family is 7:00 PM.

Rainwalker
May 6th, 2016, 13:31
Previous times are incorrect; these times are correct.

Prayers start Friday night at 7pm and will be held 3 nights...F/S/S nights. The final service is 2pm Monday with cremation at 3pm.

It is suggested you arrive between 6 and 6:30 for prayers and 1:30p Monday

oldfarang
May 7th, 2016, 02:20
RIP John

Although can't say we where friends, just met him a few times in Pattaya over the years, it was always a joy.

Lost quite a few people I knew over the years. Guess that is Pattaya.
John, Colin and Bernard, I guess you guys are have a good time above.

francois
May 9th, 2016, 16:50
As you may know, John, aka TOQ was a Texan, so in his memory here is a Texan song from one Campy Old Queen to another Tired Old Queen. Rest in Peace, my friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOkKCq8HKDA

catawampuscat
May 9th, 2016, 22:50
I do believe John would have appreciated it

MARK
May 11th, 2016, 15:29
Had to come on and say a fond good bye to John will miss his black humer we stayed in touch on Facebook long after my return home he was a true gentleman and he will be missed RIP John.

catawampuscat
May 14th, 2016, 11:58
MARK, check your mailbox.