PDA

View Full Version : taxi

paperboy
April 30th, 2016, 18:15
hi everyone
can anyone recomend a good taxi firm to take me from Don Mueang airport to patatya
thanks.
Last year my guy never turned up

francois
April 30th, 2016, 18:45
Mr. Sit 08 9784 8269. Very reliable and safe drivers. Use him for all trips to airport or Bangkok. Pattaya-BKK 1200 Baht. More to Don Muang. Can call or text.

scottish-guy
April 30th, 2016, 19:55
Looking forward, I will need a minibus/people carrier to pick up BF at DM, then stopping (en route to Pattaya)at SUV to pick up myself and my pal (with all the luggage 3 people will have - hence the minibus)

Taking 2 taxis doesn't make sense as the arrival times work out almost exactly right for BFs taxi to just stop off and get us.

Had thought of calling Pattayaland Travel Service (the booth near Boyztown) as I know they can access minibuses - but any other recommendations?

francois
April 30th, 2016, 23:16
Again, as mentioned earlier, in addition to a car, Mr. Sit does have a larger SUV vehicle. Sit is a real nice man and very reliable. He,Sit, and Punja of Sansuk Sauna are friends.

Dax
May 1st, 2016, 04:54
hi everyone
can anyone recomend a good taxi firm to take me from Don Mueang airport to patatya
thanks.
Last year my guy never turned up

Care to share with us who did not show up?

Orientfan
May 4th, 2016, 17:15
PT Taxis based in Pattaya are excellent. Used them 100s of times and always reliable. Google for price list and contact details.

Highly recommended!

tonchin
May 4th, 2016, 21:59
Yes P.T. has outstanding service

gerefan2
May 5th, 2016, 01:10
Another vote for P.T. Taxis. Wouldn't use anyone else.

scottish-guy
August 7th, 2016, 14:14
Well I'm now on my SEVENTH email to P.T. Taxis trying to get them to understand the third post in this thread.

I'm using my best pidgin English but I still can't get them to understand.... pick up #1 person @ Don Mueung, then pick up #2 person @ Swampy (the times work out fine),and finally take #1 + #2 to Pattaya.

The last email assured me that he'd got it - and to prove the point he re-stated the itinerary, missing me out completely and only taking my BF to Pattaya - presumably leaving me stranded at SUV

Fuck sake

:drink:

Andaman!
August 7th, 2016, 14:30
Looking forward, I will need a minibus/people carrier to pick up BF at DM, then stopping (en route to Pattaya)at SUV to pick up myself and my pal (with all the luggage 3 people will have - hence the minibus)

Scottish - I am not surprised you are having difficulty booking the taxi given that you are quoting incorrect IATA codes.

You require a journey from DMK (Don Muang) to Pattaya with a collection on route at BKK (Suvarnabhumi).

In asking the taxi company to collect you en route at SUV, you are requesting a collection at Nausori International Airport in Fiji...........

scottish-guy
August 7th, 2016, 14:34
Except I gave them the exact names only - i.e. Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueng

I was only using those abbreviations on this thread and am aware theyre not IATA codes

I have even stated NEW AIRPORT / OLD AIRPORT to them - I really dont feel I could be any clearer.

It's the double pick up they are struggling with, not any delusion that they're picking me up from Fiji

:yahoo_mini:

Moses
August 7th, 2016, 14:54
1. Almost all of them use navigators. So you can just give them points by GPS.

2. Why you do so complicated? Just let them pick-up you. When you will be in car - just give your navigator with route to BF's place to driver. It will work even when driver don't speak English at all.

cdnmatt
August 7th, 2016, 16:04
If you want, copy & paste this to him:

ผมอยากคุณมารับคน 1 จาก Don Muang แล้วมารับคน 1 จาก BKK แล้วไปสั่งเราพัทยาครับ

scottish-guy
August 7th, 2016, 16:30
Cheers Matt

scottish-guy
August 7th, 2016, 16:35
...Why you do so complicated? Just let them pick-up you. When you will be in car - just give your navigator with route to BF's place to driver. It will work even when driver don't speak English at all.

FOR FUCK SAKE - you're worse than the Taxi company :D

My BF is not Thai - he is arriving on a plane into Don Mueng 1 hour before I arrive into Swampy.

The timings are almost perfect - all I want is for the taxi to pick him up at Don Mueng, drive to Swampy, pick ME up and then drive us BOTH to Pattaya! It's not rocket science!!

Of course it's all a moot point because as Mini Mee will tell you, I've never been in Thailand and I make all this up

:dirol_mini:

Oliver
August 7th, 2016, 16:53
I may have missed something....but why not the public taxi? No problems with missed appointments. And cheaper. Seldom more than a couple of minutes wait in my (extensive) experience. If you want more luxury for a journey that is now only 80 minutes or so, there's a limousine service available. You can book in Arrivals.

scottish-guy
August 7th, 2016, 17:14
A) Because I wanted to travel to Pattaya together with BF
B) Ever tried 2 people in a public taxi with luggage - big hard-shell cases and assorted hat boxes?

With 2 ppl and luggage, there can be the problem of the gas tank taking up almost half the boot - and I have ended up with a suitcase in my lap for 2 hours (including beer and piss stop) - or with cases wedged in an open boot and held in place with a bungee cord - which is not my idea of a relaxing final leg of a door-to-door ~24 hour trip

My exasperation is because it really ought not to be difficult to arrange:

1. Pick up at DMK
2. Take bf to BKK
3. Pick me up at BKK (the times should work out exactly - no long waiting time for taxi, by the time he gets to BKK I should be thru immigration)
4. Take 2 ppl to Pattaya

You see - it's not asking much!

But if I cannot arrange this, then sure - 2 public taxis and meet at the hotel in Pattaya

PS I was joking about the hat boxes :D

Nirish guy
August 7th, 2016, 18:12
Right, Mini Mee will be needing to see a full passport arrival stamp, a Thai daily newspaper with the date clearly visible on it beside said passport and also a thistle taken from your native Scotland planted in a bottle of Chang beer before he will even consider the possibility that you ARE actually in Thailand and you're not making this all up ! My god what have you done, you've just wrecked his next 3 years worth of posts about how you're never in Thailand, you're NO fun !!

PS if you are taking a pic of the inside of your hotel room be SURE not to leave any identifying objects sitting about as those with a long memory will remember just how paranoid good old Beechy was about such near fatal mistakes ! :-)

newalaan2
August 8th, 2016, 22:47
Well I'm now on my SEVENTH email to P.T. Taxis trying to get them to understand the third post in this thread.:drink:
I see others here have recommended PT Taxis, I used to recommend them too as they were always on time for pick ups. I stopped using them couple years back as the last 3 times I used them they always stopped for fuel/gas and always q's at the gas pumps added at least 30 mins+ to trip, also last 3 drivers all drove at very fast speeds 140kph etc.., even when roads very busy, driving very close to vehicles in front/weaving through traffic, but talking on mobile, 'doing stuff' while driving in fast lane at 140kph was the thing I disliked most, it would mean having to continually get on to the driver for peace of mind which is an added stress I can do without after long flight.

So I changed to Pattaya Limo, and so far all (about) 12 trips, have been perfect in that they arrive on time/well before time for pick up, always big comfortable car large Hondas, Toyota camrays even Fortuner 4x4 all with plenty space for 2 with luggage, and I usually have case, holdall and guitar bag as well as bfs luggage when he is with me. They are, I think, about Bt200 more than PT....Bt1200 Suvarabhumi to Pattaya, Pattaya to Don Muang Bt1600. I find the extra Bt200 more than worth it.

ALL the drivers I have had at Pattaya Limo drive well, 120kph max, always free bottles of water in car for you. Much more comfortable journey in larger car for the distance Don Muang-Suvarnabhumi-Pattaya, as more peace of mind with driver and shorter time as no fuel stops.

Might be worth just an email to Pattaya Limo for a quote. Pick up one passenger Don Muang, pick up 2nd passanger Suvarnabhumi on same journey to Pattaya.

before he will even consider the possibility that you ARE actually in Thailand
I don't think minimee has ever stated that he doesn't believe SG hasn't or doesn't visit Thailand, his 'thing' seems to be the amount of visits and the duration of time between them.

scottish-guy
August 8th, 2016, 23:07
Thanks Newalaan - might drop Pattaya Limo an email as I'm now on the ELEVENTH email exchange with PT Taxi and although they finally seem to understand what's required and I have agreed a fare of 2000B - I have to say I'm not overconfident of the service being delivered.

Nirish guy
August 9th, 2016, 01:27
I don't think minimee has ever stated that he doesn't believe SG hasn't or doesn't visit Thailand, his 'thing' seems to be the amount of visits and the duration of time between them.

yes I believe you are right about that - so i wonder will it not morph into - "Yeah ok,ok, so lets forget about THIS time when you were in Thailand but before that, what about that, what about the LAST time you were in Thailand eh, EHHH ......hell SG you should get there this trip, nip out back out again for a side trip or two and then go back again as TWICE or THREE times in the same year ! man that'll REALLY leave the poor guy reeling from shock !!!

And HEY when's the NEXT time you're going SG EH !/ When's the NEXT time eh EHHH !!!??? :-)

scottish-guy
August 9th, 2016, 02:35
All quite apart from the fact that it's none of his fucking business

:yahoo_mini:

gumblebee
August 10th, 2016, 03:48

Looking through this thread, Why make it so complicated? BF takes a taxi from DMK (Don Muang) to BKK (Suvanbhumi), you meet him there and together you take a minibus or Limo to go from BKK to Pattaya.

scottish-guy
August 10th, 2016, 03:57
Yes of course I know we can do that - but I really don't think there's anything "complicated" about my plan at all

anonone
August 11th, 2016, 18:07
Not complicated, but subject to be fucked up if someone's flight gets delayed.

Might want to plan for some contingencies, especially when you and BF will be on separate flights without being reachable on phone.

Nathan B
August 12th, 2016, 00:57
I've had 2 bad taxi journeys recently.

During one, using PT Taxis from central Bangkok to Pattaya, the driver talked continuously on his mobile for the entire 2.5 hours the journey took. When one of his mates got bored and finished the call, he'd dial another and start all over again, beginning with the name of the hotel he was taking us to. We were stir crazy by the time we arrived. Never again, PT Taxis.

We'd tried PT Taxis only because of poor and slightly frightening experience with a previous pick up from the standard Suvarnabhumi taxi rank. As usual, we chose the 'van' option from the taxi ticket machine, which gets you a slightly larger vehicle (usually a Toyota Innova). We agreed a fare of 1400 Baht to Pattaya after some persistent negotiation. The driver had really wanted 1500. 5 minutes out from the airport, the driver started saying 1400 was not enough. He pulled over to the side of the motorway at a busy junction, and we're wondering what happens now? Is he going to dump us on the side of the road? He decided to take us back to the airport, and we were not going to dissuade him - we didn't want to spend a moment longer with an untrustworthy driver. As he was driving back to the airport, he was talking to someone on the phone, presumably his handler. He took us back to arrivals, but rather than stopping anywhere to let us get out, he continued straight through and out the other side, back towards the motorway. He said he would take us after all. He must have been told to do so by whoever he was talking to. The rest of the journey was very uncomfortable. When we arrived we got an apology of sorts, but it was not an experience I wish to repeat.

Next time I'll be using the AOT limo service, and I was thinking of giving Oriental Escapes a try on the way back.

christianpfc
August 14th, 2016, 20:23
Even with suitable arriving times, you don't know how long immigration and bag reclaim and ride through Bangkok take. It would be better to split this, your bf gets normal taxi (or even bus) from DMK to BKK and waits there for you, then together to Pattaya. (Then he would have to load his luggage into taxi twice, but his luggage can't be that much / that heavy?)

Do you know if the person who replies to your emails is the person will drive the taxi? Otherwise the person who replies to your email might finally grasp your plan, but cannot convey it to the driver, or the driver does not understand.

I had a related case: taking boy from short-time hotel back to Saran Rom, and then continue to my room alone in the same taxi. However after letting the boy out, wanted me to pay the fare and start a new journey. After long discussion, I finally paid the fare and got out, to walk around and take another taxi home.

scottish-guy
August 14th, 2016, 22:35
BF arrives into DMK exactly 1 hour before I arrive into BKK - my calculation was that by the time he got through immigration and baggage and drove to BKK and parked, then I would be through the same at BKK. I've never been longer than 45 minutes at BKK at the time I get in.

But as you say, it might be better to split it.

I get the impression that the person answering the email IS the taxi driver - but can't be sure

Uranus
August 14th, 2016, 23:36
So from Suvarnabhumi (BKK) to Pattaya, use preordered or just the taxi stand?

scottish-guy
August 15th, 2016, 01:04
Normal taxi won't be big enough for 2 people plus luggage - in comfort.

cdnmatt
August 15th, 2016, 01:25
Really? How many sex toys do you have? :P

scottish-guy
August 15th, 2016, 02:48
It's not so much the quantity, but the fact they're all industrial strength!!

:D

scottish-guy
September 1st, 2016, 17:45
Right, Mini Mee will be needing to see a full passport arrival stamp, a Thai daily newspaper with the date clearly visible on it beside said passport and also a thistle taken from your native Scotland planted in a bottle of Chang beer before he will even consider the possibility that you ARE actually in Thailand and you're not making this all up ! My god what have you done, you've just wrecked his next 3 years worth of posts about how you're never in Thailand, you're NO fun :-)

Surfy - help - can you reorientate the pic ��

Moses
September 1st, 2016, 18:37
Surfy - help - can you reorientate the pic ��

arsenal
September 1st, 2016, 21:36
I was just about to mention Minimee losing his raison d'etre when I saw that NIrish had got there first. So, we need to find MM a new pointless and impossible to prove project. How about the REAL reason the USA won't allow tourists into Area 56. Ssshhh.

francois
September 2nd, 2016, 00:14
No problem to enter area 56; but Area 51 is a big problem.

arsenal
September 2nd, 2016, 09:55
A brief google search reveals many areas' 56 and I am sure that some of them are very difficult to enter Francois. So there. Big raspberry to you.

arsenal
September 2nd, 2016, 10:13
My Holmes-esque powers of observation reveal that the photograph is clearly a fake. There are obviously two drinks on the table as the amount of beer in the glass didn't come from the bottle and yet there is only one drink written on the bin. Over to you Minimee, this is definitely worth investigating. The game is afoot.

scottish-guy
September 2nd, 2016, 23:43
No - I was definitely alone - and I'm sure the guy sitting behind me thought I was fucking crackers as I set the pic up.

I see you've calculated the volume of the glass and the volume of beer dispensed from the bottle, but have you allowed for the displacement of said volume of beer caused by the obligatory multiple ice cubes?

scottish-guy
September 3rd, 2016, 01:49
But - if further proof is required - name the bar and I'll post a pic with dated bin check. And if after all that MiniMee or anyone else is not convinced I'll pull out my big gun which should put this to bed once and for all. Ohhhhhh....mystery....lol

Nirish guy
September 3rd, 2016, 01:54
Ah but don't think we don't know that that is an old check bin receipt and that it ACTUALLY said 1-9-10 !!! and you just altered it to read 16 !! And that would explain the 60 baht for the beer too - Years out of date YEARS I SAY ! ! Ha there you go, see you're busted already !!

And AND !! those crisps look suspiciously like roast chicken or BBQ flavour and everyone knows they'd never be giving those away free in Thailand !

So, there you go, you see, just like area 51 this is obviously another place you've just never been and you're OBVIOUSLY making it all up - my god you're fooling no SG NO ONE I SAY ! :-)

gerefan2
September 3rd, 2016, 03:11
But - if further proof is required - name the bar and I'll post a pic with dated bin check. And if after all that MiniMee or anyone else is not convinced I'll pull out my big gun which should put this to bed once and for all. Ohhhhhh....mystery....lol

Its obviously Oscars bar. And no doubt happy hour (still light)...so free crisps and reduced prices...oh so so cheap charlie (or should I say Scottish?)!

scottish-guy
September 3rd, 2016, 10:28
Yes - in future I shall insist that the Oscar's boys charge me FULL price all day and keep the free crisps in the bag.

Furthermore I shall stipulate that I'm excluded from the sausage sizzle (I read about that on the Internet as I've clearly never set foot in the place)