PDA

View Full Version : Deli Diner

arsenal
April 24th, 2016, 18:08
Deli Diner is located right next door to La Petite Planets. I ate there with a friend yesterday. French onion soup, mushroom soup, chicken in red wine with mashed potatoes, chicken massaman with roti, pancakes and pannacotta. Every thing we ate was fantastic with a really intense flavour and superb presentation. The cost was 219 baht which included a soft drink. This quality at this price won't last long so make the most of it now.

jvt22222
April 25th, 2016, 09:32
Sorry, but need a specific location as I do not know La Petite Planets.

francois
April 25th, 2016, 10:23
Deli Diner is in Pattaya; on side soi next to TukCom on Pattaya Tai/South Pattaya Road. There is Petite Planete, Cuisine Au Beurre, Somjit Massage and a Wine Bar/Restaurant and Deli Diner.

My advice is to chose only from the specials of the day; my experience with anything else was disappointing.

lonelywombat
April 25th, 2016, 11:27
I got lost reading francois reply
here is Nickys map
http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/gay-pattaya/daynight/map-day-night/

To be frank I have never been excited eating in this soi, and probably will not be after seeing this place

Have friends who eat in Tukcom. Have never tried that but have promised to do so next trip

scottish-guy
April 25th, 2016, 13:30
...To be frank I have never been excited eating in this soi..

Why would you want to be frank - I thought we'd established from Tripadvisor that you were trevor?

:cool:

catawampuscat
April 25th, 2016, 14:01
Trevor the terror or is it terrier. My post actually has a point. My ex had a friend who talked
endlessly about getting a terrier and naming it Trevor. Haven't thought about him in many decades now.
Back to the topic, Deli Diner okay but nothing Deli about it. Typical European and Thai food but
it's air conditioned and filling. Owner is a pleasant woman. Open for big breakfast early and
very good value..

jvt22222
April 26th, 2016, 09:34
Thanks for the directions .... will give it a try.

francois
April 26th, 2016, 13:43
Please post report of your experience since opinions differ widely .

arsenal
April 26th, 2016, 15:16
Full English Breakfast. 2 sausages, 2 bacon, 2 eggs, tomatoes, beans, fried potatoes, onions and mushrooms, 2 toast, marmalade, orange juice and coffee. 99 baht. Everything freshly cooked and nicely presented.

neddy3
April 26th, 2016, 18:22
Full English Breakfast. 2 sausages, 2 bacon, 2 eggs, tomatoes, beans, fried potatoes, onions and mushrooms, 2 toast, marmalade, orange juice and coffee. 99 baht. Everything freshly cooked and nicely presented.

Yes, I have tried this. Very nice, and excellent value for the price.

scottish-guy
April 26th, 2016, 18:43
Basically £2?

Certainly great value for the customer - but hard to understand how that can be profitable

arsenal
April 26th, 2016, 19:15
A loss leader perhaps. Tonight they're offering 4 courses and a soft drink for 350 baht.

francois
April 26th, 2016, 19:25
My friends have enjoyed the specials at Deli Diner. My experiences were forgettable.

For good food at a good price and a comfortable atmosphere, try Le Bordeaux just further along the soi with Deli Diner across from Salt & Pepper restaurant. There is a special fixed price menu at 350 Baht or 390 with dessert.

oldfarang
April 27th, 2016, 03:06
Don't know the place, but will certainly give it a try.
Seems to be good prices for a decent meal.

As one poster replied, nothing DELI about it, maybe not, but he probably prefers to pay 300-500 for a simple breakfast and 1000-1500+ for dinner

All as one wishes, as prices go, I prefer places like the Deli Diner around TukCom. Many times same food, on a normal plate.
Why pay hundreds/thousands more for a fancy plate with some design crap, because that is what most expensive restaurants do.

But the AAA fuckers fall for that, I don't anymore, been there done that.

francois
April 27th, 2016, 14:04
As one poster replied, nothing DELI about it, maybe not, but he probably prefers to pay 300-500 for a simple breakfast and 1000-1500+ for dinner

But the AAA fuckers fall for that, I don't anymore, been there done that.

Oldfarang, why do you post snarky comments like the above? Do you know what a NY City Deli is?

Why do you assume that poster prefers to spend 1000-1500 for dinner? You don't even know him!

And just who are AAA fuckers? American Auto Association?

scottish-guy
April 27th, 2016, 15:06
From observing the Pattaya gay population, I'd suggest Alcoholic & Arthritic Association

:cool:

francois
April 27th, 2016, 16:07
Back to the topic, Deli Diner okay but nothing Deli about it. Typical European and Thai food but

I do believe that catawampuscat is referring to a real Deli such as this one:

http://www.schwartzsdeli.com/

catawampuscat
April 27th, 2016, 16:23
silly old farang. I usually make my own breakfast in my house, usually cereal with fresh fruit and coffee and orange juice.
I usually make my own lunch at home as well. Sometimes my boyfriend cooks up Thai food for
breakfast and sometimes for lunch.
Posting nonsense old farang is a sign of senility and dementia.

arsenal
April 27th, 2016, 21:37
You are living the dream Catwumpuscat.

catawampuscat
April 28th, 2016, 00:16
You are living the dream Catwumpuscat.
Ain't that the truth.
of course the dream can turn in a nightmare sometimes.

francois
April 28th, 2016, 00:41
Would anyone like to know what I enjoy for breakfast? Hint, it is not available at Deli Diner or any other restaurant. My bf serves it to me in bed.;)

Nirish guy
April 28th, 2016, 07:30
A nice hot croissant oozing with warm melted butter perhaps ?

fountainhall
April 28th, 2016, 10:53
A nice hot croissant oozing with warm melted butter perhaps ?
I love really crisp warm croissants - not those lumps of hardened dough offered at many hotels' buffet breakfasts - but now ensure I buy only the 25% butter content ones. No butter on them, just a little marmalade. Anyone opting for full butter croissants dripping with melted butter these days might have to consider reading the "End of Life" thread, I'd think! ;)

catawampuscat
April 28th, 2016, 11:09
Hot cross buns..

francois
April 28th, 2016, 13:32
No croissant for Francois; for breakfast in bed the bf serves up two soft eggs and a plump sausage.

scottish-guy
April 28th, 2016, 14:46
Well Francois, nutritionists do say that you should get stuffed for breakfast and lunch, and just satisfy yourself with smaller portions for dinner and supper

Faranglaw
April 29th, 2016, 00:27
Well Francois, nutritionists do say that you should get stuffed for breakfast and lunch, and just satisfy yourself with smaller portions for dinner and supper

Alas, portions in Thailand do tend to be smaller...

francois
May 15th, 2016, 11:30
For those of you who are not familiar with a US Diner here is a slide show of Diners in NYC. It may take a few seconds to view slide show.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/video-truck-appan-zee_us_57368356e4b077d4d6f337ff?slideshow=true#gal lery/56e717d0e4b0860f99d9fa1c/0

cdnmatt
May 15th, 2016, 11:50
"New York City's Vanishing Diners"???

What the hell, there's places like Denny's all over the place.

francois
May 15th, 2016, 15:46
Denny's a diner? Wash your mouth out with dishwater. Next you will call Tim Horton's a diner. But then you are a Canadian.

Closest thing I know as a diner in Canada was Le Club Sandwich in Montreal. Perhaps there are others?

cdnmatt
May 15th, 2016, 15:49
Exact same decor, same booth style tables, maybe a bar with stools up front, same shitty fast food, etc.

Yeah, places like Denny's are diners. What? Need the girls are rollerskates to make it a diner?

francois
May 15th, 2016, 16:45
Girls/guys on roller skates are car-hops and work at a drive-in. Haven't been to one of them in over 50 years.

loke
May 20th, 2016, 00:34
When I'm in the area I have tried the 98 baht breakfast. Excellent value for money incl coffee and juice.

lonelywombat
May 20th, 2016, 08:51
The cost of the meal is of no interest to me I go where I get the best coffee

Gafae just around the corner is the best coffee unfortunately only available daytime.

I know that Nicky's is nominated as moderator, but he told me he never asked for it and nobody will delete his name

I guess without a moderator at all we continue to get so far off topic at this appears to be going.

Surfcrest
May 20th, 2016, 09:00
I am the moderator LW, as you are well aware. The topic is Deli Diner, please carry on!

Surfcrest

arsenal
May 20th, 2016, 09:48
It wasn't going off topic until you took it so Lonely.

lonelywombat
May 20th, 2016, 10:10
arsenal not sure where I took the thread off line I replied to loke's post. he spoke of a 98 baht breakfast

Gafae can be found on the map 15 meters from Tukcom

http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/gay-pattaya/daynight/map-day-night/

arsenal
May 20th, 2016, 10:15
Wombat: You started twittering on about the moderator. Remember?

francois
May 20th, 2016, 11:51
Wombat, you could spoil the fun at a redneck-outback picnic.

lonelywombat
May 20th, 2016, 12:20
If an redneck- outback picnic is what you want why not start a new thread or site

The moderator problem has been fixed

arsenal
May 20th, 2016, 14:13
The moderator "problem" has been fixed however the problem with Wombats dazed and confused mind still remains.

scottish-guy
May 20th, 2016, 14:53
Would it be hurtful to suggest that the "fix" consisted of the Wombat realising that the "moderator stuff" was all just voices in his head which he had inadvertantly put into print?

lonelywombat
May 20th, 2016, 16:52
Re: Nicky's for sale

http://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/images/metro/purple/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by lonelywombat

http://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/images/metro/purple/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by NickysGayPattaya
I love the publicity, thanks for giving it to the site. Feel free to continue when you see anything that you think others would like.

I am a moderator of Sawatdee, but not through my choosing. I'd rather not be and don't do anything with it. If I knew how to remove the position I'd take it off in a heartbeat.

Yes, busy, but trying hard to be less so. Us soon-to-be-octagenarians have to cut back!

I am aware now, thank you verty much. This has been fixed in the system. Nicky's moderator status was to allow him the authority to modify his own daily posts.

Surfcrest

francois
May 20th, 2016, 17:33
If an redneck- outback picnic is what you want why not start a new thread or site

Good idea wombat. What should I title the thread? How to derail a thread without even trying? What does Nicky have to do with Deli-Diner? What does Gafae have to do with Deli-Diner?

scottish-guy
May 20th, 2016, 18:36
....Us soon-to-be-octagenarians have to cut back!...

Fucking hell - SGT secret mod Nicky is looking well for almost 80!

Clearly he moisturises, but I suspect monkey glands or foetal blood must be involved too.

lonelywombat
May 21st, 2016, 12:48
Francois, I note how consistent you are with your criticism

Good idea wombat. What should I title the thread? How to derail a thread without even trying? What does Nicky have to do with Deli-Diner? What does Gafae have to do with Deli-Diner?

For those of you who are not familiar with a US Diner here is a slide show of Diners in NYC. It may take a few seconds to view slide show.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/video-truck-appan-zee_us_57368356e4b077d4d6f337ff?slideshow=true#gal lery/56e717d0e4b0860f99d9fa1c/0

Denny's a diner? Wash your mouth out with dishwater. Next you will call Tim Horton's a diner. But then you are a Canadian.

Closest thing I know as a diner in Canada was Le Club Sandwich in Montreal. Perhaps there are others?

Girls/guys on roller skates are car-hops and work at a drive-in. Haven't been to one of them in over 50 years.

francois
May 21st, 2016, 16:15
Wombat, I made 10 posts on the subject of Deli-Dinner all related to Deli-Diner, Delis and Diners, or in response to others comments, and all for a little bit of fun. But did not sidetrack the topic to Nicky the Moderator nor the subject of the best coffee served at Gafae. But you are forgiven.

scottish-guy
May 22nd, 2016, 00:01
To be fair, after the facts of the ~99b breakfast had been established, the only interesting thing has been the outing of the incredibly youthful looking ~80yo Special Agent Nicky.

Really we owe the Wombat a debt of gratitude.

I had him down as a fruitcake myself, but it just goes to show.

:rolleyes:

francois
May 22nd, 2016, 08:10
My apologies to Wombat. At least he introduced a little more levity in this thread and always good to give a plug to Nicky's website. Actually was checking out Nickys and found some more informative maps which I didn't know were there. As for Gafae, never had their coffee but they do make a great tuna salad sandwich for 100 Baht.

loke
July 16th, 2016, 23:14
Talking about coffee Gafae is not the best place in this area. I should know , I used to own a coffee bar. Try Benjamit coffee , opposite Friendship , entrance back from the parking spot. Best coffee you'll ever find in Thailand. And they roast their own beans to perfection.

arsenal
July 21st, 2016, 10:42
I've always found the coffee at Gafae to be excellent. But the best coffee is to be found at the top of Pratamnak Mountain because it comes with a view to die for. And at the moment the Chinese either stay away or they do actually buy something which is certainly now always the case.

francois
July 21st, 2016, 11:08
Talking about coffee Gafae is not the best place in this area. I should know , I used to own a coffee bar. Try Benjamit coffee , opposite Friendship , entrance back from the parking spot. Best coffee you'll ever find in Thailand. And they roast their own beans to perfection.

I have been to Benjamit but coffee to strong for my tastes. Besides that there were too many of those Frogs, who frequent Benjamit, croaking. :D
Nonetheless, a good friend loves their coffee.

lonelywombat
July 23rd, 2016, 14:10
It took a while to find how to get directions. Went in morning Not air conditioned .Faces the morning and midday sun.Maybe better later in the day