PDA

View Full Version : Quiz night at Colonial -last night regular charitynight

lonelywombat
April 11th, 2016, 15:00
From Nickys http://www.nickysgaythailand.com/gay-blog/quiz-night-at-colonial/

3 good pics and a summary of a great night

the last two paras

To top off the evening the Colonial Bar provided a nice range of savouries and home made sausage rolls and 3,100 Bht was raised for charity.

The Colonial Bar Quiz Night is held every month on the second Sunday at 9pm, so get along to the next one on May 9th, I know we will.

francois
April 11th, 2016, 18:08
It should be noted that team "Budwisers" under the direction of Mr. Bud placed number 1 in the scoring. Francois was proud to be a member of the winning team. Team Budwisers is pictured in first photo and seated to the right.

paperboy
April 11th, 2016, 19:42
nice too see Guy there with his cambodian bf

christianpfc
April 11th, 2016, 23:59
Sounds interesting. What are the questions about? Would be grateful for some examples to see if it's my area of interest.

francois
April 12th, 2016, 00:01
Some funny puzzlers! Name that mammal, bird, fish, insect:

1. give food and drink to a stone column.

2. shy fish

3. roast a rabbit hole

4. name of ze French ladies undergarments.

5. write a letter to mistress of Charles II

1.cater-pillar

2. coy carp

3. kookaburra (cook a burrow)

4. Ze-bra

5. Pen-Gwyn (penguin)

See what you are missing!

jvt22222
April 12th, 2016, 07:16
Great photos and many thanks for the article ...... TAKE CARE!! certainly appreciates the contributions made as a result of the monthly Sunee Plaza Quiz Nights at Colonial Bar (the second Sunday of the month) and All of Me (the last Sunday of the month).... join the fun .... the more teams there are the greater the fun.

francois
April 12th, 2016, 12:07
Sounds interesting. What are the questions about? Would be grateful for some examples to see if it's my area of interest.

There are about 5 topics of 10 questions each. For example, Numbers; Capital Cities; ologies (all answers are an ology such as Doxology; Music; Geography, and etc, etc,. The topics vary for each quiz. The Quiz-master reads the question and each team confers on the answer and writes it on the quiz sheet. Each quiz sheet is collected and scored and scores announced. Then onto the next topic in the Quiz. There seems to be a bit of a competition between the Brit teams and team Budwisers which are mostly Americans although one with British lineage.
Many questions seem to favor either the Americans or the Europeans. There was one Asian guy on a team who seemed to know the answers to many of the questions.

jvt22222
April 13th, 2016, 07:48
To keep ourselves honest ... gotta admit that the TAKE CARE!! team came in 6th of 6 last Sunday night .... seem to be keeping up the tradition established at Bondi over the years!!!!