PDA

View Full Version : Scotland Gayest Parliament in the World?

scottish-guy
April 4th, 2016, 21:38
In many parts of the world it is still political suicide for a politician to be openly gay.

However, the current situation is Scotland is simply astonishing:

We have 6 political parties with elected representatives (SNP/Labour/Conservative/Liberal/Green/UKIP) and out of those 4 of the leaders are openly gay or lesbian.

In addition, the UK Govt's Secretary of State for Scotland, is also gay!

All this in a country that didn't legalise homosexuality until 1980!

Perhaps we need to combine the Saltire and the Rainbow Flag

Nirish guy
April 5th, 2016, 01:34
What else would you expect from a Country where national dress for men is a skirt ! :-)

lego
April 5th, 2016, 03:45
Is that a British ploy to stop the Scots from reproducing?

Yraen
April 7th, 2016, 21:00
Oiy Nirish.

That is the pot calling the kettle black !

Remember all those "men's skirts" in various shades or green ? :D Or do you suffer from selective memory loss.

Being an 'arf-n-'afr m'self I get the best of both Ross tartans. :P

Cheers.

Nirish guy
April 8th, 2016, 07:18
Na, that'll be the other 'alf you're mainly thinking off, my inherited half by birth would be more the bowler hat and a fetching orange sash brigade I think - complete with a suitable sour expression on their bakes and a general air of high handed superiority towards all others who don't think like themselves, whether it's justified or NOT !

arsenal
April 8th, 2016, 17:48
All that deviancy. It gives a whole new meaning to the anthem Oh! Flower of Scotland.

FarangRuMak
April 2nd, 2017, 22:12
Can't resist tweaking an auld Scots prayer;
Ring out ye bells of the mansion
Ring out ye bells of the Kirk
Heaven may 'av its blessins
But tha blessins on earth is Dick.
Sorry.😇

fountainhall
April 5th, 2017, 19:12
Oh the weeping and wailing coming from the nether regions! Never afraid of kings or queens (sic), John Knox's teeth will be so gnashed he is finally a toothless tiger.

scottish-guy
April 11th, 2017, 14:21
You missed out the Finance Minister who is also gay

scottish-guy
April 21st, 2017, 18:07
I'll attach this just for interest and it makes its point - but it's inaccurate really because it refers only to the UK Parliament and misses out the 60+ Members of the Scottish Parliament, many of whom are gay.