PDA

View Full Version : Castro move to Copa went well

lonelywombat
April 3rd, 2016, 05:03
http://www.nickysgaythailand.com/gay-blog/castros-move/
there are 2 photos on the link
Well … the first part of the re-shuffle in Boyztown, Pattaya is complete. Copa gave a very spirited show on the 29th being their last show in the bar. The place was packed, and there were many moist eyes in the audience. After seven years, can you be surprised?

On the 31st, Castro gave their last performance in their old bar. Have a look at some of the pictures from that event, thanks to Martyn.

Then, with just 24 hours to make the move, they opened in the former Copa Showbar. The show on April the first was amazing. In Martyn’s words, ‘Congratulation to all the staff and performers At Castro Showbar for the amazing feat of moving from the old place to what was Copa and getting a fabulous show on in less than 24 hours. Come along and see the wonderful show and watch out for new of a big opening party coming soon.’

Here are the photos from that … again thanks to Martyn.

Nirish guy
April 3rd, 2016, 05:56
Did they keep any of the previous Copa dancers, main acts, or even Copa's previous choreographer guy on perhaps (who was very good) to merge and increase the drive of the Castro the shows or have they literally moved the same Castro show up a few doors down with no real changes basically do you know ?

And yes I know it's early days and they are only settling in etc but was just wondering as I'm sure like a few others I did actually quite enjoy the Copa shows too :-(

Oliver
April 3rd, 2016, 15:00
Are they building a wall? or must the soi endure further instalments of the Battle of the Sound Systems? I think I know the answer....

arsenal
April 3rd, 2016, 16:08
Yes Oliver. They're building a wall twelve meters high and three meters thick so that you, the small children and the rest of the moaning fucking pensioners can go to beddie byes at 9.00pm. Happy?

francois
April 3rd, 2016, 16:51
I understand the point that Oliver is making here. All of these venues often blast their music as to make it difficult to impossible to hold a conversation with the person seated next to you. Serene Bar next to Oscars was one of the worst offenders.

Nirish guy
April 3rd, 2016, 17:54
Which is just one of the reasons that Serene is one of the busiest bars in that Soi usually as at least there IS a bit of life about it and it's not just people all sitting in their own little groups, talking quietly to each other like something akin to a reading library common area, instead of them actually meant to be in a vibrant busy gay bar in S.E Asia that's out to attract a crowd and not just that night but in the weeks, months and years ahead.

I believe Sunee is very quiet these days, perhaps those wanting peace and quiet for a chat would be more ideally suited to that location ?

aot871
April 3rd, 2016, 18:40
Which is just one of the reasons that Serene is one of the busiest bars in that Soi usually as at least there IS a bit of life about it and it's not just people all sitting in their own little groups, talking quietly to each other like something akin to a reading library common area, instead of them actually meant to be in a vibrant busy gay bar in S.E Asia that's out to attract a crowd and not just that night but in the weeks, months and years ahead.

I believe Sunee is very quiet these days, perhaps those wanting peace and quiet for a chat would be more ideally suited to that location ?s
I understand , what nthirish means , but people also go out to have a drink and talk to friends

francois
April 3rd, 2016, 22:02
Come on Irishguy! Not all of us are party animals same as you. :)
When the Russians were at Serene the place was an auditory nightmare unless you were as drunk as them. As for Sunee, there are times when the "music" was enough to break ear drums esp when some yahoo was trying to sing and couldn't carry a note.. As for vibrant bar I think a vibrating bar would be closer to the truth. But each to his own.

lego
April 4th, 2016, 01:35
s
I understand , what nthirish means , but people also go out to have a drink and talk to friends

What kind of degenerate would go to Sunee Plaza, of all places, to have a drink with friends? I must say I'm shocked!

Oliver
April 4th, 2016, 15:03
One of the pleasures of Boyztown over the years has been sitting in host bars and on hotel terraces, having a drink with friends and watching the world go by. Until the last three years or so, those who liked shows and loud music have been able to enjoy themselves inside BBz, Throb/Copa and Le CF. We "fucking pensioners" didn't attempt to stop this enjoyment....indeed, some of us actually enjoyed the shows. Inside the bars, that is.
Nowadays, some of those attending the shows- a diminishing number as can be seen from soi- do not appear to believe that "fucking pensioners" should have the right to enjoy their chosen entertainment.

It isn't rocket science; any fair- minded person can see that both show-lovers and "fucking pensioners" can enjoy BT on their own terms by the simple expedient of the bars that play loud music having four in stead of three walls. It works for BBBz- as I understand it, the most popular of the bars. So why not the others?