PDA

View Full Version : Testing kits for common STD's

July 3rd, 2006, 18:51
Does anyone know if testing kits are easily purchased/ available in pattaya that allow you to check if your potential guy is clean of STD's? I believe there's now a HIV test that works in 20 minutes using a swab in your mouth. Or is this something the bars or guys wouldnt allow you to try? Obviously a condom is still essential but it sounds like a lot of other diseases can be readily transmitted through other means.

July 3rd, 2006, 18:56
Don't be ridiculous. If you're so worried about STD's that simply using a condom isn't enough for you, you have no business fucking around with prostitutes.

Monty-old
July 3rd, 2006, 19:46
You can get every S T I test in Pattaya.
But you have to go hospile to have a full test.
The charge is from 400 bht to 5000 bht.
A local doctor will take a blood test ,send it away, and charge 700bht up.
But we do have a free H.I.V. test for Thai sex Workers, mainly male.
at G.A.P Gardian Angel Pattaya.

July 3rd, 2006, 21:28

:bigsmurf: What is extra if you pay 5000 bth ? :bigsmurf:

July 3rd, 2006, 21:50

:bigsmurf: What is extra if you pay 5000 bth ? :bigsmurf:
You farang think too much.

July 3rd, 2006, 21:59
In, I think Washington DC, not sure if it is that city, but if not it is one city in the States, they are introducing a wide spread testing there, and using the swab test. So I suspect it must be available for sale somewhere. For your information, there is also the 5 minute blood test, that is a pin prick on your finger and put the blood on a litmus type paper, I believe this is very quick and reliable. I would find it hard to believe if there are not any places without these facilities in Thailand

wowpow
July 4th, 2006, 00:22
http://www.fda.gov/CbER/infosheets/hiv-home2.htm

Impulse
July 4th, 2006, 04:29
Not a bad question Newmike.I dont know about the quicktest,they do have the 20 minute result test in diferent clinics around the area but its not very practical.I use condoms for anal sex,but not for oral.Im not promoting unsafe sexbut hiv is extremly hard to catch from giving or recieving oral sex,however there are other diseases you can catch from oral sex,herpes,gonarrhea,clamydia,hepatitis,syphilis and more.If you have anal sex make sure you do it safely as that is the major way hiv spreads among gay men.The number one cause of cancer next to smoking is viruses,followed by bacteria and parasites,and we have only discovered a small amount of viruses so far so be careful.

July 4th, 2006, 17:23
Thanks guys. It'll be my first time in pattaya and I'm travelling alone so it will be an interesting experience. cheers.