PDA

View Full Version : Copa Show bar is closing

lonelywombat
March 27th, 2016, 12:53
This was published on google gay alerts posted by Nickys to gaythailand.
Gaythailand seems to get daily posts often multiple posts for the same day.
http://www.nickysgaythailand.com/gay-blog/farewell-copa/

Yes, it’s true. The Copa Showbar in Boyztown is closing. They are having a farewell party on Tuesday 29th March. After seven years of entertaining the soi with amazing shows, Copa will close.

But fear not! The bar itself is not closing, just changing owners. It is being taken over by Castro and will open in its new form soon. We do not have an exact date, since apparently they will have to make some minor modifications … apparently the stage area is not high enough for their lady boys in heels and feathers!

As for Castro itself … That will be taken over by the folks from Cupidol. They will be closing the front in and moving their entertainment bar from Pattayaland Soi 1.

We wish farewell to Copa, and pass on our gratitude of 7 years of amazing entertainment. We wish the newcomers, Castro and Cupidol good luck in their new adventures.

Just a final note, the closure applies only to the Showbar. The Copa Hotel and Body Club remain open for business and bookings as before.

Oliver
March 27th, 2016, 16:11
The staff knew about this long ago...I'm surprised it didn't leak out earlier.
I hope that the "minor" modifications include dispensing with the "open" bar format- suitable for host bars like Oscars but not for a show bar.
It's a shame that the premises is, apparently, going to replicate what's on offer at three other bars in Boyztown.

arsenal
March 27th, 2016, 21:45
My favourite place to sit and watch boys.

bucknaway
March 27th, 2016, 22:54
I hope this will not result in more ladyboy glamor shows at boyz boyz boyz

Oliver
March 28th, 2016, 01:10
I'm afraid that Castro is the same. Boyztown needs some variety....Throb's shows were different...no "glamorous" khatoeys. Not only were they popular among gays who like to see male dancers but they also attracted straights. Sometimes, one hundred and fifty plus crammed inside. Now the three open show bars rarely manage fifty between them, In the last low season, it was closer to thirty. Unsurprising; the big shows (Tiffanys and the other one) attract punters who like khatoey shows- in huge numbers. Copa offered something different. Behind a wall. The most popular show bar in BT now is BBBz. ...also behind doors.
A word to the wise?

scottish-guy
March 28th, 2016, 19:15
As the risk of stating the bloody obvious - it seems to me that bar owners do not usually close up/sell a business if they are wheeling the takings to the bank in wheelbarrows every day

So is it fair to assume that there was no longer the level of interest in the Copa offering to make the hard work worthwhile?

Ever since the days of Throb I'd say the show's appeal has been mainly to Europeans/Americans in terms of the content - and it seems that Europeans/Americans are no longer flocking to Thailand. Perhaps that client group no longer feel so "repressed" at home and that with the internet explosion they don't have to travel thousands of miles to find amusement tailored to their needs? Meanwhile the people who ARE flocking to Thailand do not seem to want what us old fogies want and that which Throb/Copa always provided.

Maybe we just have to accept that the market will decide which bars and which formats will survive and that older European/American gays looking for amusing cabaret type shows rather than high heels and feathers are no longer dominant in that market?

scottish-guy
March 28th, 2016, 21:17
Try again!!

christianpfc
March 29th, 2016, 11:57
Sorry scotty, your attachments are not displayed on my computer.

scottish-guy
March 29th, 2016, 21:29
Nor mine (now).

The first one definitely appeared after submitting it - then it disappeared for no apparent reason, as has the second one now.

Moses
March 29th, 2016, 22:26
Nor mine (now).

The first one definitely appeared after submitting it - then it disappeared for no apparent reason, as has the second one now.

How it has been attached? Via external link or as a file from your computer? If second then what extension it has .gif? .jpg? I can't see it also.

scottish-guy
March 30th, 2016, 06:48
Hi Moses

It was a JPG from my computer

Moses
March 30th, 2016, 06:54
Hi Moses

It was a JPG from my computer

hm... it strange... could you please send it to my email as attachment moses(at)thaimasseur.biz - I wanna take a look at it (yes, I saw it via watching code of the page - it was cartoon with men with cart filled by money)

Moses
March 30th, 2016, 19:32

test

Moses
March 30th, 2016, 19:50
Uploading is working, file is OK, looks like you did something wrong.

How to insert and post image from computer:

1. Choose "Insert image"
2. Choose source "from computer"
3. Select file from computer
4. Upload files

Looks like you miss point 2.