PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having brown outs?

cdnmatt
March 22nd, 2016, 20:43
Anyone else having "brown outs"? This is getting to be stupid now. Every single night, between about 8pm - 1am, we kinda, sorta, not really have electricity. Anyone else?

Even had an e-mail from my landlord this morning, because I guess the tenant in the house across the street was complaining about the electric. Unfortunately for him, complaining to the owner isn't going to get you far. It's simply hot out, so everyone has their A/C on full blast, and it's running the power grid dry. Not much you can do, except wait for the power company to upgrade the grid to provide more capacity, and I'll go under the assumption that's about a 12 month, multi millon dollar project.

Anyone else getting the same issue these days?

oldfarang
March 22nd, 2016, 21:03
No, I have very rare electrical problems here (for Thailand that is). If any usually a few hours because work is being done 3-4 times a year.
Sometimes half an hour, maybe 10 times a year, no idea why, happens with all weather.

Short, less then a second, failures happen sometimes (the lights go off). but my computer is protected against those, so no problem.

Since I live in a more Thai area in Pattaya, not many use air here as neither do I, 1 fan on me is enough, even during the hot season.
My electric bill is 700-800 per month that incl a big freezer.
For whom is interested my rent is 4500 for an almost 70 sqm ground floor area.

christianpfc
March 22nd, 2016, 21:44
No problems with electricity that I would remember for the 2 years I have been living in Sathorn. I have never experienced a brown-out, only sudden and complete loss of electricity. But there was a thread on brown-outs in Pattaya on gaybutton.

In over 30 years in Germany, I remember one announced electricity cut. In the UK, France and Thailand, I experienced unannounced electricity outages at least once per year.

cdnmatt
March 22nd, 2016, 22:15
Oh yeah, unplanned outages happen. Get a bad storm, some idiot drives his car into an electric pole, or whatever. Those things happen.

This is strictly an infrastructure problem though. The power grid simply can't sustain the demand. The electric doesn't completey go out, but just goes up/down, up/down and everything constantly "dims" from about 8pm - 1am. We had this last year too, but this year it's exceptionally bad. Hopefully the electric company is working on it.

oldfarang
March 22nd, 2016, 22:30
Oh yeah,...... Hopefully the electric company is working on it.

:p Probably adding a little more to the confusion

cdnmatt
March 23rd, 2016, 07:06
Just woke up, and it clicked. The electric company is state owned, isn't it?

Considering people have been arrested for clicking "Like" on Facebook, I'll leave it there.

Ok... starting to make sense now.

christianpfc
March 23rd, 2016, 21:12
In some places, you can hear sounds from creeping discharge under electricity poles. And that's in dry season, with humidity the air or surface becomes a better conductor and finally there will be sparks and destruction. The electricity companies should send people to listen out for these sounds and find the source to avoid later damage.

scottish-guy
March 24th, 2016, 00:13
...The electric doesn't completey go out, but just goes up/down, up/down and everything constantly "dims" from about 8pm - 1am...

It's always possible that some huge queen is having "fun" with his super-industrial-strength mains-powered vibrator every night between 8pm-1am and is sucking up all your power.

You should patrol the neighbourhood - listening at the windows for lisping falsetto shrieks of ecstasy along the lines of:

"Yes! Yes!! Give it to me Big Boy!!! I'm such a fucking WHORE!!!!"

Patanawet
March 24th, 2016, 13:51
Well, I'm not sure what a brown out is. It sounds like some awful digestive medical condition.
But from following replies I guess it is electricity power cuts.
You don't say where you are but here in central Bangkok, I seldom have problems ---- other than the usual couple of seconds cuts which are just long enough to reset the appliances, microwave etc.

It sounds as if a local 'breaker' is tripping. So nothing to do with your landlord. Is it accompanied by an explosion sound.
I used to get this and we'd have to wait for the local engineer to come along with his ladder to reset the breaker.

cdnmatt
March 24th, 2016, 15:14
No, it's not the breaker tripping. If that was the case, the electric would completely shut off until I reset it. Had that problem in the first house I lived in though. It was an older house, so electrical wasn't very good.

This is simply a power grid problem. For example, at night I'll be sitting in my office, and the light & fan will constantly dim to almost nothing, then about 20 seconds later "come back to life". This happens every few minutes from about 8pm - 1am. Only happens when the weather is hot, and at night when everyone is home from work / school, and has their A/C cranked up.

Not much you can do though. Wait for the power company to build more capacity, or if that doesn't work, wait for the rainy season when it's cooler out. *shrug*

Patanawet
March 24th, 2016, 15:59
No sorry I didn't understand that brown out means a lowering of the voltage.
That indeed indicates insufficient voltage available to the grid.
Incidentally, I wasn't referring to breakers in your room but local breakers often on the huge transformers.

That sounds infuriating every few minutes.

I used to work in the TV industry here and all the sensitive equipment was on voltage regulators to maintain a working voltage. And all equipment was on UPSU (Uninterrupted Power Supply Units) to give power in the event of complete power failure for enough time to cleanly close down computer driven devices.

Do you have a UPS on your computer or does the voltage not fall low enough to close it down.

I keep meaning to buy a UPS for my computer but something always seems more important (slap on wrist).

cdnmatt
March 24th, 2016, 16:32
Do you have a UPS on your computer or does the voltage not fall low enough to close it down.

The router definitely doesn't go out, and I don't think the computer does. It's a laptop, so if it did, it'd just flip over to the battery. It's just everything else -- lights, fan, A/C, fridge, induction heaters, etc. Can be frustrating when you're trying to cook a meal at 9pm, lol

No point in complaining though, because nothing I can do about it. I guess the takeaway is, Khon Kaen is apparently expanding quicker than the utility company can keep up with, so be careful if you're planning to move here. :)

Oh well, at least I have a water tank & pump out back, so during the dry season I don't have to worry about whether or not I have running water. I'm sure that's an issue for some people around.

cdnmatt
April 8th, 2016, 18:20
Alright, been hot out again the past few days, so everyone is pissed off now, and we got the ball rolling. Apparently, in Thailand instead of just monitoring & upgrading the electric capacity when needed, you need to get a petition going and have as many people in the neighborhood as you can find sign it.

I guess we only have two wires now, and we're petitioning for four. heh, it'll be interesting to see how long this takes.

mahjongguy
April 9th, 2016, 13:28
Based on your description of the problem, it's possible that upgrading the neighborhood from 1-phase to 3-phase might not be necessary.

The interruptions during the peak load period may result from tripping of the overload protection built into the transformer. Installing the next larger size transformer, without running any new wires to the customers, might suffice. The work only takes two hours or so. In our mooban, we were able to get the PEA to replace an aging (and leaking) transformer with just a couple of phone calls over several weeks time.

It's also possible that one of the big breakers on the transformer's input or output just needs to be re-seated or replaced.

So, it may help to pester them to re-evaluate whether it's a simple engineering issue (bigger transformer), a bigger and more expensive issue (switch to 3-phase), or a very minor repair issue.

fountainhall
April 9th, 2016, 14:15
I live not far from Christainpfc in a good residential area with now a lot of condo blocks and was surprised to read he has had almost no power supply interruptions. The building I am in has these constantly - at almost any time of day and night. Sometimes they are for just 30 seconds, or a minute - maximum two. Once I recall it was between 5 and 10. On only two occasions do I recall the Electricity company being called out and having to repair lines on the soi. Then each was around 2 hours.

I have written to our management office so many times to ask why these outages occur and what can be done to stop them. Over the years I have been given a variety of excuses -

1. Squirrels sometimes run along the wires (true) and nibble through them (huh?)
2. There is a problem with the supply to the area. This is patently rubbish. When we have a short outage at night, I can see lights on in every building near ours.
3. The Electricity company sometimes has to cut power to the "area" (virtually utter rubbish!). If that were the case, how is it that power is often restored within 30 seconds? That's not enough time to make a telephone call to the power company!
4. Our area is very green with lots of trees with branches overhanging the power lines. These can sometimes break during heavy rain.

Item 4 was a fair point - until February last year. Then we were advised of two days of long cuts so the Electricity company could cut down all the overhanging branches and raise the height of the power lines. I was then informed this would reduce the number of cuts to almost zero. Surprise! Surprise! In the 6 weeks following that action, we had more cuts than ever before. This January we had several, yet no overhanging branches, no wind and no rain.

It seems no-one living in this building knows anything about power supply. But we no longer believe any of the excuses and reckon there must be something wrong with whatever is located within this building to distribute the power to the individual units. We are mounting an action to withhold part of the management fees until we have proof from somewhere as to what is wrong and how it can be fixed. Probably won't work, but we have run out of other ideas other than moving out.

francois
April 9th, 2016, 17:07
I have had no brown-outs here in Pattaya but every now and then a blackout.

christianpfc
April 9th, 2016, 22:20
My laptop is buffered by battery, but it decreases brightness on screen a second after I pull the plug. In the two years of living here, I don't remember a power outage. I'm out of my room most of the time, but when I'm in, laptop and aircon are running, so I would definitely notice.

cdnmatt
April 10th, 2016, 00:07
I don't know, I'm too tired to complain any more. I think we're on day 6 now of this little stint, and from the looks of the weather forecast, all I see is +41C and not a cloud in sight, so doubt it will be changing soon. Would love a decent sleep, but a little tough when at night you barely even have a fan, let alone A/C.

Let's hope my neighbor is right, and all that's needed is a letter that gets passed around the neighborhood for signatures, we fire it off to the electric company, and they come fix whatever the fuck the issue is. You'd think they'd have meters to monitor this shit, but apparently that's wishful thinking.

I don't know what the exact issue is, as I'm not an electrical engineer, but I do know it's starting to make me quite tired and bitchy.

cdnmatt
April 25th, 2016, 22:43
Fucken PEA. What a bunch of dicks.

I started this thread on March 22nd, it's now April 25th, it would have taken me about a week to begin complaining, so let's go with 6 weeks of this problem.

FUCK!

I want electricty again, so I can get REM sleep and dream again. Without dreaming, you go insane. Doctors will back me up on that one, as loads of medical research done on it. I did manage 3 good, solid sleeps in the past 6 weeks so that was cool, but we're back to shit again now.

We've sussed it out, and the PEA isn't going to help. Next year they said, as no room in the budget for it this year. My one neighbor and her (Canadian) husband are still holding out hope, because I guess she knows the previous PEA boss here who is now retired, and he said he'll pull some strings for us. I'm not personally holding out hope, but knows. Dude, if you manage to get our lines upgraded, I'll give you the best blow job you could possibly imagine. I just want my electricity back.

FUCK!

cdnmatt
April 25th, 2016, 22:50
Either that, or where is the rainy season? Isn't is supposed to be here by now? That's all that's needed.

About 6 days ago had a nice rain storm that cooled everything down to the point we all had electricity at night. Was great.

Or when the fuck is the Tesla Powerwall going to start shipping? I might have to buy one. Either that, or I'm finding a new house. I can't live like this. Can't even go grocery shopping, because any food I leave in the freezer will spoil. I have to be like a Thai, and buy daily.

aot871
April 25th, 2016, 23:12
I understand your feelings , /When I used to live in nth Australia , we some times got blackouts /brownouts , , in the end we brought a little stand by genarater . Is that not possible in Thailand/It did not run every thing on at the same time , but always managed the a/c .fridge and deep freeze plus a few lights

Moses
April 25th, 2016, 23:40
Either that, or where is the rainy season? Isn't is supposed to be here by now? That's all that's needed.

About 6 days ago had a nice rain storm that cooled everything down to the point we all had electricity at night. Was great.

Or when the fuck is the Tesla Powerwall going to start shipping? I might have to buy one. Either that, or I'm finding a new house. I can't live like this. Can't even go grocery shopping, because any food I leave in the freezer will spoil. I have to be like a Thai, and buy daily.

Just use Automatic Voltage Stabilizer - is works with input 90-270 V and output is 210-240 V,

cdnmatt
April 26th, 2016, 05:22
Just use Automatic Voltage Stabilizer - is works with input 90-270 V and output is 210-240 V,

Just quickly read up on what a "Automatic Voltage Stabilizer" is. Isn't it basically a really technical power bar, so a surge doesn't fry your electric appliances?

Yeah, that's not going to work for this situation...

cdnmatt
April 26th, 2016, 05:24
I understand your feelings , /When I used to live in nth Australia , we some times got blackouts /brownouts , , in the end we brought a little stand by genarater . Is that not possible in Thailand/It did not run every thing on at the same time , but always managed the a/c .fridge and deep freeze plus a few lights

I'n assuming you mean diesel generator? Yeah, definite possibility, but unsure if feasible. Thanks though.

If anything, I'll think I'll be going solar + battery.

Or more preferably, the PEA just does their job, and provides our street with electricity. That would be pretty cool too.

Moses
April 26th, 2016, 05:51
Just quickly read up on what a "Automatic Voltage Stabilizer" is. Isn't it basically a really technical power bar, so a surge doesn't fry your electric appliances?

Yeah, that's not going to work for this situation...

VERY basically: from technical side it is like a pump for electricity - you have to install it btw el.network and freezer (i.e. plug of stabilizer to wall outlet, plug from freezer to outlet on stabilizer)). When voltage is low it starts to "suck" more electricity from network with low voltage and convert it to higher voltage - it works like a transformer, but controls level of input voltage for to make output voltage stable 200-240V. I have home for vacation in rural village with very unstable voltage and use such stabilizer for my refrigerator.

cdnmatt
April 26th, 2016, 05:57
Ok, understandable. Is what you use house-wide, or just appliance by appliance?

Also, any recommenations for battery storage? I'm assuming that's how this works, correct? When there's too much voltage, it gets sucked up and stored into batteries, so when there's not enough, the batteries kick in and take over?

Moses
April 26th, 2016, 15:03
Ok, understandable. Is what you use house-wide, or just appliance by appliance?

Also, any recommenations for battery storage? I'm assuming that's how this works, correct? When there's too much voltage, it gets sucked up and stored into batteries, so when there's not enough, the batteries kick in and take over?

No, there are no battery, so it protects only against low voltage. I use only for freezer, other devices can work with low voltage (TV and so on). When "too much voltage" it starts to work like a lowering transformer - from 250-270 V back to 220-240 V. Usually input voltage for stabilizer is 90-270V, output 200-240V. Easy movable stabilizers look like a box 20x20x10 cm and are used for appliances. Existing big stabilizers for whole home, but I don't use it - too big and you need engineer to install it to home network.

cdnmatt
April 26th, 2016, 15:24
Ok, I must be stupid, because I'm still not understanding something here.

Ok, throw a transformer in between the electric current & appliances, and it'll drop the voltage used, correct? Cool, got that. That's going to save me a little money on my electric bill, but how is it going to help me at 10pm when there simply isn't enough electricity running to my house to power a fan properly?

That additional voltage that's hitting the transformers during the day must get saved somewhere, correct? Batteries? Then when the voltage drops at night, the batteries kick in and take over?

Moses
April 26th, 2016, 22:18
Ok, I must be stupid, because I'm still not understanding something here.

Ok, throw a transformer in between the electric current & appliances, and it'll drop the voltage used, correct? Cool, got that. That's going to save me a little money on my electric bill, but how is it going to help me at 10pm when there simply isn't enough electricity running to my house to power a fan properly?

That additional voltage that's hitting the transformers during the day must get saved somewhere, correct? Batteries? Then when the voltage drops at night, the batteries kick in and take over?

No. Sorry for my smile :))))))) OK, it is hard for me to explain in English, even when it is just physic from middle school.

Stabilizer works with electricity as a automatic water pump with automatic water tap works with water (it is very-very simplified explanation). When voltage is too high device "closes tap" and lows "pressure" (voltage), when voltage is too low - then device switching ON "internal pump" for electricity and makes "pressure" (voltage) more high. Pumps in garden for watering grass haven't tanks (batteries) - they just sucking water from pipes. Here is almost the same. (Once again: it very-very simplified explanation).

cdnmatt
April 26th, 2016, 23:15
Ok, I must be a moron, because I'm still not understanding. So you're solution is install a bunch of transformers around the house, so my appliances only use the minimum amount of voltage instead of using what's available?

Well, unless that additional voltage is getting stored somewhere for later (ie. batteries), how the hell does that help me? Really, it's exactly 11:15pm right now, I'm sitting in the dark sweating my balls off, and waiting for my fan to turn on every 3 - 4 mins, because there simply is NO ELECTRICITY! How does dropping the voltage my fridge uses help anything?

Sorry to be bitchy... I'm actually a really nice guy.

Moses
April 27th, 2016, 00:31
Ok, I must be a moron, because I'm still not understanding. So you're solution is install a bunch of transformers around the house, so my appliances only use the minimum amount of voltage instead of using what's available?

Well, unless that additional voltage is getting stored somewhere for later (ie. batteries), how the hell does that help me? Really, it's exactly 11:15pm right now, I'm sitting in the dark sweating my balls off, and waiting for my fan to turn on every 3 - 4 mins, because there simply is NO ELECTRICITY! How does dropping the voltage my fridge uses help anything?

Listen, may be here is misunderstanding. I expect word "brown outs" means unstable voltage - i.e. when too many consumers in network then voltage is going down lower than standard, but current is still persists and lamp light is just darker than usual. Cause here we call total absence of electricity "black out".

I'm wrong? Do you call brown out situation when no electricity in home or situation when lamps are darker than usually but still have light?

At first named situation (without electricity) you need stabilizer+battery - such device named UPS (Unbreakable Power Supply) like this

AT second situation with - with darker bulb's light you don't need battery cuz there is electricity in the network, but voltage it too low for freezer to work. In such situation is enough to use much more cheaper Stabilizer without battery like this

goji
April 27th, 2016, 02:40
I think all of this is reasonably obvious, with some thought.

Blackout = Total loss of electricity. So you need an uninterruptable power supply with a battery.
Brownout = Voltage drop.

To correct for a brown out, you need some fancy electronic gear to get the voltage back up to where it needs to be, as suggested by Moses.
Of course, there is no free lunch and this stabiliser has to draw more current to make up for the loss of input voltage. The input power must exceed the output power, considering the electronics will always lose some energy to heat.

In fact, if everyone had a voltage stabiliser on every appliance, well of course the network couldn't cope with the extra current and a brownout would become a blackout.

In somewhere like Burma, many of the hotels have a backup diesel generator and voltage stabilisers are quite common for some of the wall sockets for TVs and so on.
Electricity supply in Thailand is clearly reliable enough not to justify such expense.

cdnmatt
April 27th, 2016, 02:42
Ok, I'm still not understanding something. How is that stablizer unit going to provide me with more electricity? Example, it's now 2:30am here, and I'm still sitting in the dark sweating my balls off. If there's no storage unit, then how is that stabilzier going to help me at this time of night?

As far as I can gather, it's there to reduce / stabalize electricity, not generate / store it.

Please note, this isn't just my house alone. This is everyone on the street. We're all a bunch of walking zombies at the moment, so cutting the consumption of my fridge down by even say 10% isn't going to do fuck all.

Not sure what happened with the consumption this year. Did one of our friendly neighbors decide to start a grow op in their house, or what the hell?

christianpfc
April 27th, 2016, 11:06
There are too many wrong ideas about electricity, voltage, current, power and storage of energy for me to correct them.

Just one note: the biggest energy consumers* are electrical water heating and aircon. If there are any problems with electricity, don't use these so you can run your TV, fridge or computer instead.

*electric water heater needs on average 3.5 kW, but runs only short time,
aircon needs about 500 W, but runs for hours;
aircon consumes more energy (kWh), but electric water heater is a larger burden for the network.

Except for giving out wrong phone numbers and having people running around in Khon Kaen trying to call you?

dinagam
April 27th, 2016, 12:49
In the Philippines(a former colony of the USA) they use the term brown out,
whereas in Malaysia(a former British colony) the natives use the term black out.
However, some Malaysians who have stayed in the USA for a period of time may be heard using the term brown out liberally without differentiating the two distinct situations.

goji
April 28th, 2016, 00:39
Ok, I'm still not understanding something. How is that stablizer unit going to provide me with more electricity?
The stabiliser is not going to provide you more electricity.
It might be an idea to dig out your old physics books and reacquaint yourself with voltage (V), current (A) and power in (W). However, I shall try to explain it:

Let's suppose you are supposed to get electricity at 220v and your device draws 5 amps.
That will consume 220 x 5 = 1100W = 1.1kW of power.

If the voltage supply drops to 180V and for some reason, your device will not run at 180V, you need a voltage stabiliser.
If that has an output of 1100W =220v x 5 A, then the input current must rise to at least 1100/180 = 6.11 Amps.

In practice, your stabiliser will not be 100% efficient, so it will draw more than 6.11 amps.

cdnmatt
April 28th, 2016, 01:06
The stabiliser is not going to provide you more electricity.

Exactly, so what's the point of talking about the thing?

I get it. It will help my appliances use less electricity. Cool deal, but doesn't help when I don't have any electricity to begin with.

christianpfc
April 28th, 2016, 12:57
You don't get it, and I wonder if your scientific knowledge is really that low or if you are trolling.

To get the same power (Watt) at lower network voltage (Volt), you have to draw a higher current (Ampere), which causes higher drop of voltage in network resistance (Ohm), and you have conversion losses, both of which exacerbate the problem.

However modern entertainment electronic devices (computer, TV) can work with a wide range of input voltage (110 - 240 Volt), so they don't need such a voltage stabilizer. But decades ago, a voltage stabilizer was necessary for such devices.

Water heater doesn't need voltage stabilizer (from a scientific and engineering point of view, it would be very easy to construct a water heater that can work with a wide range of input voltage). I don't know about aircon.

goji
April 29th, 2016, 00:28
You don't get it, and I wonder if your scientific knowledge is really that low or if you are trolling.
I reached similar conclusions.
No point in saying any more. Onto the next thread.

Faranglaw
April 29th, 2016, 01:24
Well, you geeky ones could have been nicer about it. Not everyone knows or cares about the difference between an Ohm and a Watt and the electric charge of a 23 year old Thai boy. Well, maybe they care about the last one.

cdnmatt
May 2nd, 2016, 10:29

No, apparently not. It just so happens I'm not an electrical engineer. Dick.

Anyway, neat article I just found.

https://weather.com/news/weather/news/thailand-southeast-asia-extreme-record-heat

Few choice sentences from that article:

"In Thailand, the heat wave is considered the worst since reliable records have been kept in that country."

"The heat wave has also fueled a new record for energy consumption and prompted health warnings on everything from foodborne illness to drowning"

"Nationwide, energy consumption set a record high on Tuesday at 29,004.6 megawatts, said the Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand"

Ok, so I'm assuming we're not the only ones in Thailand having electric issues. :-)

christianpfc
May 15th, 2016, 15:47
I spent the night Mon 02.05. to Tue 03.05.2016 in a hotel in Khon Kaen, and there were no signs of electricity problems during my time in KK.

cdnmatt
May 15th, 2016, 15:54
I spent the night Mon 02.05. to Tue 03.05.2016 in a hotel in Khon Kaen, and there were no signs of electricity problems during my time in KK.

Yeah, I heard about that through the grapevine. You were wandering around Khon Kaen asking strangers if they know the farang with two dogs. Real nice, dude.

And I'm assuming you were staying in the city, correct? Of course they don't have a problem there. If Central Plaza or the Pullman hotel began having this issue, I'm sure the PEA would have it resolved immediately. Actually, the PEA probably wouldn't let the consumption use get close to the level to cause a problem.

I'm on the outskirts in a small street with about 10 houses though, so quite obviously, the PEA doesn't give a shit about us. Doesn't matter anyway, hot season is over (I hope). Forecast for the next week is mid-30s all days, which will be fine. Once it hits 40C or so, with no rain for days, then we have problems.

catawampuscat
May 18th, 2016, 13:10
Kind of creepy to have someone questioning people near where you live about you.
I would be pissed. Stalking fellow posters definitely over the line. Just weird
but not surprised he's taking the cowardly approach and not responding to matt's assertion. Creepy..

christianpfc
May 18th, 2016, 15:01
Cndmatt made a joke.

When entering Khon Kaen, I spent 3 seconds thinking "cndmatt might be around somewhere here, or more probably not" and then I proceeded with my own business.

catawampuscat
May 18th, 2016, 22:32
The grapevine says otherwise. You asked many Thai people about farang with two dogs.
This is what you told other farangs, so either you lied telling them of your investigation
or you're being disingenuous now. Cdnmatt wasn't joking, he was creeped out.

cdnmatt
May 18th, 2016, 22:54
Cdnmatt wasn't joking, he was creeped out.

Exactly, I wasn't joking. That's what I heard, and it doesn't surprise me since you've constantly berated me for things like a photograph of my eye, washing machine knob, and much more.

I'm a mid-30s, lonely gay software developer who works from home in Khon Kaen and has two dogs. Is it really that unbelievable? I mean, if I was going to lie, I'd at least have a BF.

You should probably be glad you didn't find me anyway. I wouldn't exactly have greeted you with milk and cookies. This is my home, and where I live. Not only that, it's also where my dogs live. I love my dogs like my kids, and they can't even get a drink of water without me, so anything that happens to me, happens to them.

christianpfc
May 19th, 2016, 01:57
Exactly, I wasn't joking. That's what I heard, and it doesn't surprise me since you've constantly berated me for things like a photograph of my eye, washing machine knob, and much more.

I'm a mid-30s, lonely gay software developer who works from home in Khon Kaen and has two dogs. Is it really that unbelievable? I mean, if I was going to lie, I'd at least have a BF.
I did not berate you, I asked for pictorial proof.
There are various members on this forum who don't believe your stories.

The grapevine says otherwise. You asked many Thai people about farang with two dogs.
This is what you told other farangs, so either you lied telling them of your investigation
or you're being disingenuous now. Cdnmatt wasn't joking, he was creeped out.
Have you been in KK shortly after my stay or do you base your post on cdnmatt's joke (or lie, depending on his intentions)?

I did not ask any Thai (nor Farang) about Farang with two dogs, and only few people knew I was in KK: a Farang friend (not on the forums) I was traveling with and a Thai boy from KK, and I could check on Line to whom else I mentioned that I will be traveling through KK.

francois
May 19th, 2016, 14:44
I wouldn't exactly have greeted you with milk and cookies. This is my home, and where I live. Not only that, it's also where my dogs live. I love my dogs like my kids, and they can't even get a drink of water without me, so anything that happens to me, happens to them.

Well you could have thrown Christian a bone and then Christian could give you a bone of his own.

catawampuscat
May 19th, 2016, 16:14
Perhaps some poster can dig up a video of 'I heard it through the grapevine.' I believe Marvin Gaye had a big hit singing it.
Obviously, no one in their right mind is going to run a full scale investigation
of Christian's time in KK. Christian was truthful about other farangs being doubtful
of cdnmatt's veracity. I don't understand the interest in cdnmatt's whereabouts.
The truth on anonymous Internet forums is always questionable and often illusionary.

francois
May 19th, 2016, 17:28
Perhaps some poster can dig up a video of 'I heard it through the grapevine.'

Actually an analogy to telegraphic wires strung on wood poles, much like a grapevine, dating to time of US Civil War.

Old git
May 19th, 2016, 20:24
My experience of electricity supply in the LoS has been one of a competent utility provider capable of turning out to fix supply issues with commendable speed.

The water supply on the other hand, seems to be run by a bunch of muppets who don't seem capable of working out how much water will be needed when the population in an area grows, or understanding how to even out the peaks and troughs of daily demand..