PDA

View Full Version : 4/5 star hotels

aot871
March 16th, 2016, 20:03
,, I am looking to treat myself and stay in a more upmarket hotel on my next visit to bkk. I need a hotel where there will be no trouble in allowing my thai friend to stay ( he cannot book in the same time as I can ), centre to silom or near to transit system

Up2U
March 16th, 2016, 20:41
I don't see a problem. Make a booking at the hotel of your choice, and when your friend arrives go to the front desk together and register him together. I stay at the Swiss Lodge near Silom BTS which might be 4*. No problem there just make your booking for two.

francois
March 16th, 2016, 22:23
Check out gaythailand.com and do a search. Beaucoup info on places to stay that are gay friendly.

Dodger
March 17th, 2016, 05:01
aot871,

You will never see a 4-5 star hotel in Asia advertised as gay friendly for the mere fact that luxury hotels are designed to accomodate all of their guests with no restrictions or dicrimination...at least from my experiences.

I have stayed at several 5 star hotels in Bangkok during business trips as well as during my normal holidays with a boy in tow and never once had any problems concerning my choice of room guest, or the fact that we were gay.

If you want to treat yourself to a few days of luxury you may consider the Bangkok Dusit Thani, Banyon Tree or Shangri La, all of which are great hotels, but my favorite without question is the Sheraton Grande Sukumvit. It's like being in heaven at this place...world-class service...great buffet...full spa services...lush landscaping...romantic settings...a dream swimming pool...and the fact that I could have a boy sitting on my lap at poolside without raising any eyebrows. Well, on second thought, I remember a group of Korean men one time who were staring at my Thai partner frequently but think this had more to do with their inclinations towards his speedo swim trunks than anything else...LOL.

Also, as a side note, you may want to bring a small bottle of "Bubble Bath" with you. It never crossed my mind until the first time I stayed at one of these hotels with a boy from Isaan who never had the opportunity to sit in a bath tub. I was still unpacking the suitcase and he was already laying back in an over-flowing tub of warm water in pure bliss. He emerged from the bathroom an hour later wearing one of those plush white robes they provide with this look of total contentment on his face...just great!

fountainhall
March 17th, 2016, 11:19
From comments on this and other boards, try the excellent 5-star Le Meridien in Suriwong - very close to the nightlife and less expensive than most other 5-star hotels - or the 4-star Courtyard by Marriott - one Skytrain stop away and usually good deals on offer. No problem with joiners but better if you book for two and tell reception your partner will be arriving later. Swiss Lodge half a star down but great location and cheaper. Generally there is little problem with joiners at most of the top hotels provided your companion is dressed reasonably. T-shirts, torn jeans, shorts and flip-flops can often result in security wanting to ask an embarrassing question or two.

roguebear
March 17th, 2016, 12:51
Earlier travel stays at Tarntawan, Siam Heritage, Centre Point Silom and Triple Two Silom which are 3-4?* comfortable and no problem with joiners. Prefer a little more upscale now Siri Sathorn,Pullman G, Eastin Grande Sathorn and Crowne Plaza Lumpini last time. I visited the Courtyard that Fountainhall mentioned as well as the Grande Centrepoint Ratchadameri nearby and thought both were very nice, good location and are on my list. Going to Le Meridien and the new Amara on Suriwong next time around. There is such a wide choice of hotels I have a 2 stay limit per hotel. I like to explore different areas by moving around abit and being near Skytrain is a must. When I see a hotel that looks interesting, I go in and check it out for next time. Staff have always been quite delighted to show me a few rooms and give a tour of the facility. I usually stay for a week to 10 days, at a time, so the hotel choice is important for me.

Davey612
October 18th, 2017, 23:36
Reviving an old thread. On my next trip to BKK, I was thinking of the Le Meridien or the Amara. Anyone had a recent experience? Thanks

Manforallseasons
October 18th, 2017, 23:45
I would suggest the Dusit at Rama 4 and Silom..... it is very high end and considering it’s location they have seen it all.

FarangRuMak
October 19th, 2017, 01:02
The problem is that the chances for off-the-scale fun diminishes in direct proportion to the raising of the stars.
You can have a 5-Star Orgy in a 2-star hotel no problem and visa-versa I think.

whitemouse
October 19th, 2017, 01:24
I would suggest the Dusit at Rama 4 and Silom..... it is very high end and considering it’s location they have seen it all.

Yup, Dusit Thani while you can, it's set to be demolished next year.

I've been to roof top bar only, beautiful night time views!

Davey612
October 19th, 2017, 02:17
Thank you guys. Dust Thani it is. As for the "fun" comment, I found it is easier to just use a sauna/massage/short term. Overnights don't seem to work for me. Maybe I am just too ugly nowadays :lol:

christianpfc
October 19th, 2017, 21:02
All those hotel requests, which make quite a part of the traffic on all gay Thailand forums, are largely irrelevant to me as the most important thing is who I am with in the hotel room.

latintopxxx
October 20th, 2017, 02:29
to those who can afford it...or r willing to pay.....it is real nice to stay in luxury hotels...and I have noticed that a MB does seem to be in awe of the luxury....

scottish-guy
October 20th, 2017, 02:37
...You can have a 5-Star Orgy in a 2-star hotel no problem and visa-versa I think.

On the very first night of my very first trip to Thailand I had an 8sum in the Pavilion Place in Silom!!

:drink:

fedssocr
October 20th, 2017, 06:48
Bangkok is full of very nice hotels in the 4 star range at quite reasonable prices by major city standards.

latintopxxx
October 20th, 2017, 07:15
scatboy..snow white and the 7 dwarfs doesnt count...as an 8some

arsenal
October 20th, 2017, 10:27
4/5 star hotels are often something of a disappointment and can be quite exhausting.. For a start it's apparently considered 'luxurious' to have a system of lighting switches that takes a week to master with a console resembling something from Nasa. Secondly for some reason only known to the hotel owners they think that having 24 different cushions on the bed is what guests want. That means you have to remove them all before you can go to sleep and find somewhere to put them. Then, in the morning you have to put them all back. So, your morning in a 5 star 'luxury' hotel starts with.......housework.

This is a good site.
http://thegoodthebadandtheluxurious.com/

Smiles
October 20th, 2017, 13:26
" ... for some reason only known to the hotel owners they think that having 24 different cushions on the bed is what guests want. That means you have to remove them all before you can go to sleep and find somewhere to put them. Then, in the morning you have to put them all back ... "
Noted that The Multiple Cushion thing is quite ubiquitous in hotels throughout the Kingdom . . . one need not be a 5-4 star digs as the lower echelons often provide you with cushions galore, all of which are unusable. For instance: the Pinnacle Lumphini in Bangkok, the Tong Thurin in Surin, The Venue in Jomtien (all not more than 2-3 star) load the beds down with unwanted cushions and long silk scarf-like things.
The first thing I do is stuff all that nonsense ~ the scarf-like things beautifully folded ~ under the TV cabinet (or whatever is available) and there they stay until I check out. The cleaning staff get your drift and never replace the stuff on the bed during your stay. So no need to put them back yourself every morning.

scottish-guy
October 20th, 2017, 14:18
scatboy..snow white and the 7 dwarfs doesnt count...as an 8some

Don't be silly - I've only ever had sex with three midgets in my life and each time it was one-on-one

a447
October 20th, 2017, 14:52
And is it true what they say about midgets?

scottish-guy
October 20th, 2017, 18:23
Let's just say their cocks were all fully formed and not in proportion to their limbs - but I might just have got lucky with my three - perhaps a thread on Midget Sex might produce a larger sample?

There used to be a female-looking midget working in some of the BT bars maybe 10 or so years ago - I'm sure many SGT members will have offed her/him - maybe Latinpox had a tale to tell about using him/her as a (Shetland) Pony

:D

gerefan2
October 20th, 2017, 22:52
Let's just say their cocks were all fully formed and not in proportion to their limbs -

That supports what I’ve heard over the years, and that is if you put everyone’s cock on their heads, they will all be the same height.

whitemouse
October 21st, 2017, 01:44
Look at that thing on his head! Its got a nice twist, and it has grooves!

latintopxxx
October 21st, 2017, 02:22
I may have my kinky side but it doesnt include midgets...but strangely enough I get a huge rise out of fucking a big strapping guy with a huge cock...type u find in Germany and Holland...big muscular masculine square jawed guy submitting...

christianpfc
October 23rd, 2017, 16:40
...and I have noticed that a MB does seem to be in awe of the luxury....
Indeed there seems to be an effect of taxi vs bus or walking, big room vs small room on Thai boys, even if they can't directly access the wealth.

However:

"Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down." - Oprah Winfrey

dinagam
October 23rd, 2017, 16:52
Why bother with taking the bus when the limo breaks down? Call Uber instead.

christianpfc
October 23rd, 2017, 19:07
It's figuratively, and in my case literally.

I lost my last boyfriend candidate over a bus/taxi issue, among others, but then I'm not looking for someone who wants to be with me only when we take the taxi and eat in expensive places and stay in expensive hotels.

joe552
October 23rd, 2017, 19:14
You do surprise me, christian.

BOY69
October 23rd, 2017, 22:36
It's figuratively, and in my case literally.

I lost my last boyfriend candidate over a bus/taxi issue, among others, but then I'm not looking for someone who wants to be with me only when we take the taxi and eat in expensive places and stay in expensive hotels.

He wanted only money you didn't lose a thing ,you did the correct decision by throwing him away.

christianpfc
October 24th, 2017, 15:34
Look at that thing on his head! Its got a nice twist, and it has grooves!
Do you want it up your arse?

He wanted only money you didn't lose a thing ,you did the correct decision by throwing him away.
He left me, and I tried to get him back (despite clear character flaws, but the best sex this year), but now I'm over it.

I call it the bus/taxi test. Talk about public transport in Bangkok, and see how the boy reacts to the idea of taking bus instead of taxi, that gives a clue if he is interested in me as a person or the lifestyle he thinks I can provide.

Now I remember (I collect all these impressions, and at the everything becomes clear that was blurred or ambigous at the beginning): when I took the boy in the bus, I got that sulky look "that's not what I signed up for!".

joe552
October 24th, 2017, 15:39
Shaking my head in disbelief.