PDA

View Full Version : many of the most handsome guys seem to be from Vietnam/Cambodia; comments about Dream Boys

werner
March 11th, 2016, 16:57
In the Silom go-go bars, many of the the most handsome guys seem to be from Vietnam, Cambodia, or Laos. Or is that just my opinion? And why do some of the bars have the foreign guys in jeans, and the Thai guys in underwear?

The one exception seems to be Dream Boys, where all the guys are Thai. At least that is what the staff told me.

Dream Boys does have some very handsome guys, but the prices are ridiculous. The guys except high tips, and want to end sessions quickly in order to get a second customer for the night. Many of the customers seem to be Chinese, including some women. Most announcements are made in both Thai and Chinese, and sometimes in English. Is the bar now primarily trying to cater to Chinese?

paperboy
March 11th, 2016, 18:22
thats why, i miss out Thailand and just go striaght to cambodia

fountainhall
March 11th, 2016, 19:14
I stand to be corrected but I recall someone telling me that most of the non-Thais in the bars don't have work permits. I do know that one time I was in a bar someone rushed in to tell the mamas that cops had arrived in Twilight. The non-Thais disappeared in a flash - unfortunately, not that kind of flash!

arsenal
March 11th, 2016, 19:47
Quite a few handsome Cambodians are to be found in Pattaya. I sampled the delights of a couple recently and they were, well...delightful.

Moses
March 11th, 2016, 20:25
At time of my past visit at April 2015 I found a lot of khmers are working in Jomtien complex in Pattaya.

Bert
March 14th, 2016, 16:39
Which bars in the Jomtien Complex have the most Cambodian/Lao guys?

francois
March 14th, 2016, 17:00
Now, now Bert! Do you really think that is a good idea to snitch on who is who and who is where? Just another excuse for another raid. Best to find out for yourself.

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7

christianpfc
March 14th, 2016, 17:34
Comparing boys from Thailand with Cambodia and Vietnam (not just the bars in Bangkok and Pattaya, but visiting the countries), I can make the following observations:

there are more fat Thai boys than Cambodians or Vietnamese (I like slim)
Cambodian boys have brownest skin (which I like), Thai with Chinese influence too pale for me, Vietnamese too pale for me
cute face and body hair all similar

Overall, Cambodian boys win for me. [WARNING! Sick joke ahead!] The benefits of a genocide: weeds out the weak and the sick, only the strong and healthy survive. But there is not much to do and to see in Cambodia, otherwise I might move there.

All my encounters with Cambodian or Lao or Burmese boys were positive, with Vietnamese boys negative, but the total number is too low to draw conclusions. With Thai boys mixed.

arsenal
March 15th, 2016, 00:11
In the interests of balance I'd like to say that my experiences of Vietnamese boys boys both in Thailand and Vietnam have been overwhelmingly positive.

francois
March 15th, 2016, 17:41
. [WARNING! Sick joke ahead!] The benefits of a genocide: weeds out the weak and the sick, only the strong and healthy survive. But there is not much to do and to see in Cambodia, otherwise I might move there.

Perhaps you could visit one of the thousands of Killing Fields to see for yourself just how funny your joke was?

cdnmatt
March 15th, 2016, 17:48
[WARNING! Sick joke ahead!] The benefits of a genocide: weeds out the weak and the sick, only the strong and healthy survive. But there is not much to do and to see in Cambodia, otherwise I might move there.

If you consider that a joke, then you're one fucked up individual.

Thank fuck I never met you, nor let you know where I live.

dinagam
March 15th, 2016, 18:27
Look at it solely from a scientific angle.

Carnage & horrors are happening this very instant around the world.

francois
March 15th, 2016, 22:22
Does that make it funny?

christianpfc
March 16th, 2016, 16:59
[Ok, not funny. I thought so already, hence the rare warning, but was not entirely sure.]

Perhaps you could visit one of the thousands of Killing Fields to see for yourself just how funny your joke was?
I have been to Tuo Sleng museum, but not to the Killing Fields for lack of public transport. In addition, I read that they are run by the Vietnamese and all money is taken out of Cambodia, and the displays there deny the victims a burial according to Buddhism and insult them beyond their death. [citation needed]

Thank fuck I never met you, nor let you know where I live.
You never met anyone from this forum, nor let anyone know where you live (anything more detailed than Khon Khaen).

christianpfc
March 16th, 2016, 17:02
delete

fountainhall
March 16th, 2016, 18:18
I read that they are run by the Vietnamese and all money is taken out of Cambodia, and the displays there deny the victims a burial according to Buddhism and insult them beyond their death.
I have been to the Tuol Sleng Museum, the former school where something like 15,000 were incarcerated and only 7 came out alive. Add to that the massacre of 1.5 million+ other Cambodians in a vast array of Killing Fields and it's not hard to work out that proper burials with Buddhist rites would be impossible. Most families had been split up. It was later estimated that at a minimum 600,000 Cambodians had been displaced. So it is unlikely that more than a few of the bones could be properly identified.

The Vietnamese-backed regime in Cambodia has been accused of many things, but I have never heard of their repatriating income from admission to Tuol Sleng or the Killing Fields. Let's recall it was the Vietnamese who put an end to the Killing Fields when they invaded Cambodia and saw off the Khmer Rouge murderers. And little credit did they get from the rest of the world. No country was prepared to take Pol Pot and his genocidal partners to the World Court. Even major semi-official NGOs from many countries - like the American Bar Association and the International Commission of Jurists - all refused. Even worse, for 14 years from 1979 to 1993 an international coalition of all the Great Powers, especially the US, Britain, China and the ASEAN countries, actively prevented any action being taken against the Khmer Rouge regime. Worse, despite the all horrors to which the people had been subjected, the Khmer Rouge continued to have a seat in the United Nations until as late as 1993. The Cold War which had helped create the Killing Fields thus greatly rendered far more difficult the country's recovery. Although there was never much love lost between Cambodia and Vietnam, the world owes them a great deal for eliminating Pol Pot's regime.

pong
March 17th, 2016, 19:23
re buses in PnomPenh-quite out of topic here: there are now 3 lines, running 6.00-20.00 and one of these passes airport and runs till about 4-5 kms on road toward the KF.
Chris: how long are you now in ASEAN? And you still have to learn that taxi's/moto's/songhthaews/whatever contraption is also thought of as being public transpot in these parts of this world?

poshglasgow
January 13th, 2018, 08:08
In the Silom go-go bars, many of the the most handsome guys seem to be from Vietnam, Cambodia, or Laos. Or is that just my opinion? And why do some of the bars have the foreign guys in jeans, and the Thai guys in underwear?

The one exception seems to be Dream Boys, where all the guys are Thai. At least that is what the staff told me.

Dream Boys does have some very handsome guys, but the prices are ridiculous. The guys except high tips, and want to end sessions quickly in order to get a second customer for the night. Many of the customers seem to be Chinese, including some women. Most announcements are made in both Thai and Chinese, and sometimes in English. Is the bar now primarily trying to cater to Chinese?

I have certainly become a big fan of Cambodian boys,which is why I fell in love with the @home bar in Jomtien Plaza!

Nirish guy
January 13th, 2018, 16:59
I sampled the delights of a couple recently.....

Man and wife ? :-)

Nirish guy
January 13th, 2018, 17:02
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."[/I] Matthew 7:7

Excuse me I think you’ll find that was actually Jim Reeves said / sang that !! I always just assumed that Matthew was just a fan :-)

Nirish guy
January 13th, 2018, 17:11
[Ok, not funny. I thought so already, hence the rare warning, but was not entirely sure.].

Ahhh if only you knew a Mod who would go back and just delete that totally unfunny joke eh Christian...... ps here’s a clue for the future, jokes generally have a punchline and generally do need to be funny - your comment had neither element unfortunately.

Here’s an example - “thats the beauty of a holocaust, it kills all the jews”. See, just not funny - oh sorry I forgot who I was talking to there for a minute .... you probably think that’s hilarious.

cdnmatt
January 13th, 2018, 17:17
I love the hypocrisy on this. It seems as though Christian doesn't realize if he was born a generation earlier, he'd have a pink triangle sewed onto his clotes, and thrown into Auschwitz where he's probably be murdered, or at the very least treated in a fashion that's beyond inhumane.

I've been to Auschwitz before, and it's quite a humblind experience. Never been to the killing friends in Cambodia though, but have read all about it.

cdnmatt
January 13th, 2018, 17:25
So which genocide should we make jokes about next? How about Rwawanda? That's a funny one...

heh, fuck....

Smiles
January 13th, 2018, 18:05
and it's quite a humblind experience.
Forget Auschwitz ... you "humblind" experience is far and away much more hilarious.

cdnmatt
January 13th, 2018, 19:09
Humbling.

Don't be mean to the blind guy. :-p