PDA

View Full Version : Bondi looking for expressions of interest.

lonelywombat
July 3rd, 2006, 07:47
From todays pattayagay.com
BONDI HOTEL, LOUNGE AND CAFE
NOW BEING OFFERED FOR SALE
OWNERS SEEK
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST

Like a "bolt out of the blue", I got a message from Colin and Malcolm of The Bondi Hotel, Cafe and Lounge this week, that astounded me; the Bondi is located on the northernmost soi of the Jomtien Complex, at its meeting point with the soi that runs out to Jomtien Beach Road between Exxit and Dick's Cafe. (See Map) The message was as follows:

"Hi, Guys ,

"Following a very successful year at The Bondi, Colin and Malcolm have decided to sell the Bondi in Jomtien, which will allow them to spend more time on their other commitments and interests. Genuinely interested parties should contact Colin or Malcolm for details and a swift completion."

I had a chance to discuss their plans with Colin and Malcolm Sunday evening, as I took a break from working on the Weekly Report, and they emphasize that their real interest is finding some time to spend together, which has been impossible since The Bondi opened, taking 14 to 18 hours daily of Colin's time, while Malcolm is still in England or on assignments elsewhere most of the time, and seldom gets to spend more than three or four weeks at a time here in Thailand -- and even then, one or the other has to be present most of the time that The Bondi is operating.

They advise that, if someone were interested in joining Malcolm and Colin as a truly working partner, and make possible Colin's having a little more free time, and making it possible for him to get away for at least a few days or weeks at a time, they would certainly consider any such arrangement, in addition to considering an outright sale. They want to keep their ties in Pattaya, and, they tell me, even if they do sell The Bondi, they would plan involvement in some other business in this area.