PDA

View Full Version : Democrats Abroad Thailand - Vote this March 2 - 5

Up2U
February 29th, 2016, 11:18
Democrats Abroad Thailand (DAT) will open polling stations in multiple locations on the days of 2, 3, 4, and 5 March 2016 to enable Americans resident in Thailand to cast votes for their choice for US presidential candidate from the Democratic Party.

Votes cast by Americans in Thailand will be counted as part of the global Democrats Abroad vote, with the winner earning the support of Democrats Abroad’s 13 delegates to the Democratic National Convention that will take place this summer in Philadelphia.... (read more)..... http://www.asiatraveltips.com/news16/242-USPresidentialElections.shtml

scottish-guy
February 29th, 2016, 18:32
Not that I would wish to intrude on the American democratic (with a small "d") process - but the idea that one can do a bunk from "your country" yet still expect to have an input into its election process and result, seems bizarre to me.

If one has "opted out" to live around 8,500 miles away, then in my view you ought to lose any entitlement to inflict you views on those who actually live in USA.

Unless of course you're still paying US taxes - then I'd concede your entitlement.

PS I have exactly the same attitude to my own country's electoral process - it's not an anti-USA thing.

arsenal
February 29th, 2016, 19:44
Scottish. All American citizens are liable to pay tax whether they live in The US or not. They all have to fill out tax returns every year which is why many long term ex-pats give up their citizenship.

scottish-guy
February 29th, 2016, 22:54
Arsenal, in that case I stand corrected!

You may want to print out and keep.

:p

Dodger
March 1st, 2016, 06:36
Evan when I retire and reside full-time in Thailand I will retain my U.S. citizenship, as well as remain active in the voting process. My heart will always be in my Homeland. Thailand can only lay claim to my dick and my libito.

lego
March 2nd, 2016, 00:03
Since I'm not a citizen of Thailand and thus cannot vote here in Thailand, I see no reason why I should forgo screwing up my homeland by continuing to vote there. I mean, that's the least I can do for them.

Up2U
March 2nd, 2016, 19:02
02 March 2016
Whether Hillary or Bernie, Overseas Democrats Unite to Thwart Trump
By Teeranai Charuvastra
Staff Reporter

BANGKOK — To each other, they are strangers in a strange land. Some are from the east, some from the south. Some have lived here for decades; others are just passing through.

But almost every Democrat voter who gathered Wednesday at the Foreign Correspondents' Club of Thailand to vote in the U.S. primary election for Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders voiced one common goal: stopping the unpredictable Donald Trump from reaching the White House......(read more).... http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1456916129&section=11

scottish-guy
March 5th, 2016, 00:34
Thought I'd just throw in this snippet:

TRUMP: I got a big ol' dick
GOP: Foul man! vulgar man!!
CRUZ: We need to carpet bomb with less regard for civilians
GOP: Finally, an adult

Dalewood
March 5th, 2016, 06:40
Around the year 2001, it was taken as badge of honor to many Republican congresspeople to be able to say "I don't have a passport." And they wonder how we screwed up Iraq so badly.

If you don't meet many Republicans in Thailand, that is part of the reason.

Up2U
March 5th, 2016, 07:03
Anybody who watched that "cock" fight on Foxnews understands why Trump must be stopped.

Smiles
March 5th, 2016, 09:52
Jaded that I am, I had to shake my head on that one. He said he had a big dick, eh?
Let's see, first bloody vaginas, now no-small-cocks-here-mate. Wanna see it?

Amurcuns .... :cool: This is the most deliciously insane nomination run I've ever witnessed. Certainly ain't Mitt Romney (though I have a sneaking suspicion that many Americans wish it were.)

Steve1903
March 5th, 2016, 16:06
Quick question. Is Hilary a shoo in for the whitehouse?

Dodger
March 5th, 2016, 16:12
Up2U wrote:

Anybody who watched that "cock" fight on Foxnews understands why Trump must be stopped.

Hell, don't stop him now. Wait until the Republican Party has been totally disintegrated...then stop him.

The Republican controlled Congress has proved itself to be so politically biased, and in some cases prejudice, that they were successful in totally polarizing the government for the last 7-1/2 years by refusing to acknowledge the legitimacy of the Obama Administration. Their self-serving political motives and ambitions have led them to this. I guess it's a "Karma Thing".