PDA

View Full Version : Complains about spam and offtopic

bkkguy
February 26th, 2016, 17:59
From February'16 Hornet has been started extensive advertising company in Thailand linked to launch of application in Thai language.

I can understand posting this on the forum's facebook page or twitter feed or even in the main gay thailand forum but I don't see how this fits with the stated "Gay Romeo Forum Guidelines Please read before posting" or is re-defining the function of this specific forum buried somewhere on the TBD list for the upgrade

or perhaps you are one of the brand ambassadors?

bkkguy

Moses
February 26th, 2016, 18:08
I can understand posting this on the forum's facebook page or twitter feed or even in the main gay thailand forum but I don't see how this fits with the stated "Gay Romeo Forum Guidelines Please read before posting" or is re-defining the function of this specific forum buried somewhere on the TBD list for the upgrade

bkkguy

sometimes news are just news you know... whats wrong with it?

Surfcrest
February 27th, 2016, 01:16
A lot of these things that we are doing, we do is for the membership based on their ideas and feedback.

There is also work being done on the site that is for the benefit of future members. These days, in this fast pace world, you only get seconds to make an impression on visitors and visitor traffic to make them want to stay. If your site is out of date, some widgets or things aren't working, or some buttons that you'd usually see on a modern site are missing...people will move on to something newer, fresher.

Whether people use these extra features or not, is up to them. The important piece is that they are there and this helps us promote the site towards the audience that would find this and us interesting.

Surfcrest

Forky123
February 28th, 2016, 18:03

bkkguyAnything that promotes the things available and services provided in Thailand is fine by me. If something doesn't interest me then I won't read it. I can appreciate that just because something is not of interest to me, does not mean it isn't of interest to other forum members.

bkkguy
February 28th, 2016, 18:55
These days, in this fast pace world, you only get seconds to make an impression on visitors and visitor traffic to make them want to stay.

Moses in another thread has already established that he thinks spam posts are OK and here you and Moses both seem think off topic posts in forum categories are a key "feature" that will make first time site visitors want to stay - it is good to know what the editorial policy is and the quality of the audience you are now trying to attract

bkkguy

Moses
February 28th, 2016, 20:05
Moses in another thread has already established that he thinks spam posts are OK and here you and Moses both seem think off topic posts in forum categories are a key "feature" that will make first time site visitors want to stay - it is good to know what the editorial policy is and the quality of the audience you are now trying to attract

bkkguy

You forgot just "small" detail: spam at each forum is that owners of forum are counting as a spam. The same criteria is applied to offtopic means.