PDA

View Full Version : The Search Engine ...

Smiles
February 26th, 2016, 10:07
Forget it.

christianpfc
February 26th, 2016, 15:00
I wanted to use search yesterday, but couldn't find it. Went to the old forum to do my search (gboysiam). Now I see the search field, and it works well!

But raises some other issues. Thai characters in the posts are displayed as ? (noted by others for punctuation marks).

In the old forum, there are 15 posts per page, in the forum 11, which means the thread I was looking for (has 11 posts) is one page on the old forum, 2 in the new. Is there a way I as a user can set how many posts to display per page, or even better all posts on one page? This would save work when saving entire topics (which I do from time to time).

Moses
February 26th, 2016, 15:19
In the old forum, there are 15 posts per page, in the forum 11, which means the thread I was looking for (has 11 posts) is one page on the old forum, 2 in the new. Is there a way I as a user can set how many posts to display per page, or even better all posts on one page? This would save work when saving entire topics (which I do from time to time).

Have you tried to read FAQ or to open personal settings in account?

christianpfc
February 27th, 2016, 10:45
I didn't, but now I have. Can set posts per page default (10), 5, 10, 20, 30, 40. But not all posts on one page.

Surfcrest
February 27th, 2016, 16:15
I just adjusted your settings, please let me know if you are now seeing all the posts. I noticed when I was doing this Christian that it appears you haven't adjusted your personal settings yet in Forum Actions.

http://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?17614-Forum-Actions

Surfcrest

bkkguy
February 28th, 2016, 19:27
Have you tried to read FAQ or to open personal settings in account?

I am too scared to ask but once I have read all the help files and managed to work out by myself how to create a poll post I will certainly be nominating this as the most helpful response from an administrator on a "How To" forum!

bkkguy

Moses
February 28th, 2016, 20:01
I am too scared to ask but once I have read all the help files and managed to work out by myself how to create a poll post I will certainly be nominating this as the most helpful response from an administrator on a "How To" forum!

bkkguy

It is my pleasure to show you the quickest way to get answer at this very sophisticated forum platform. Every time when you are confused and don't know what can you do at any situation, the easiest and shortest way to get full and totally competent answer is just in 1 click from you - tab "FAQ" at top black menu

for example you want to know how to create pool< after you click "FAQ" you will see form for quick search, here you can type "poll" in searchbox and press "ENTER"

immediately after that you will see answer 'how to create poll at forum thread"

bkkguy
February 29th, 2016, 19:39
Every time when you are confused and don't know what can you do at any situation, the easiest and shortest way to get full and totally competent answer is just in 1 click from you ...

I am sure the advice really wanted to give as to what I could do in any situation is RTFM (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RTFM) but as usual I prefer xkcd's take (https://xkcd.com/293/)

bkkguy