PDA

View Full Version : Do All Americans Suck? Why?

July 1st, 2006, 22:15
[This topic was split from the Age Check Thread in the Gay Thailand Forum, here:

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 2019#82019 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=82019#82019)]-(E.S.)]

Most of the traffic from this board is from the US, so why don't you just shut up? Go ahead and bash Bush (good idea) but stop the cheap idiotic eurotrash anti-American slurs. What makes you think Europeans are superior to Americans?

July 1st, 2006, 22:38
99% of the fractured spelling, pathetic punctuation, and 3rd grade grammar on this board comes from the British and Aussie members.

Dodger
July 1st, 2006, 22:59
Guys...he's just jealous...can you blame him?

July 1st, 2006, 23:00
99% of the fractured spelling, pathetic punctuation, and 3rd grade grammar on this board comes from the British and Aussie members.

Go are the other 1 % ? :bigsmurf: :bigsmurf: :bigsmurf:

July 1st, 2006, 23:34
Thaiquila wrote :

What makes you think Europeans are superior to Americans?

Hummm, maybe we not go piss on Americans go have a business in Thailand ? :bigsmurf: :bigsmurf: :bigsmurf:

July 1st, 2006, 23:41
Thaiquila wrote :

Hummm, maybe we not go piss on Americans go have a business in Thailand ? :bigsmurf: :bigsmurf: :bigsmurf:
Maybe not. I like you. Would love to meet you over a Thaiquila at the Nook.

July 2nd, 2006, 00:16

1. We do not transport our prisoners to countries that ignore the Convention of Human Rights so that they may be tortured by those countries on our behalf.

2. We do not provide manufactured false intelligence of WMD to convince other countries to invade other states/countries when all we are really concerned about is the oil reserves of those countries we wish to invade.

3. Our troops do not humiliate and rape young girls before murdering them in cold blood along with the rest of their family.

4. Our troops do not abuse prisoners and treat them like dogs. Let alone be so f***** stupid as to be photographed carrying out these atrocities.

5. We do not have a president who is so dim-witted that he needs to be wired with an earpiece to tell him what to say during a speech.

6. We do not have presidential families who have to be so worried about their hidden, and according to the USA constitution illegal, business dealings with Middle тАУEastern potentates that we smuggle the families of those potentates out of our countries in secrecy before anyone can ask them any questions.

July 2nd, 2006, 00:21
Yes, you are talking about our government, not our people, certainly not our gay people.
The vast majority of gay Americans voted against Bush, in both elections.
His current approval rating is about 35 percent.
No argument on your criticisms of US foreign policy.
But please don't take it out on random Americans you meet. That is just bigotry based on national origin and that is just wrong.

Randy Newman Song Lyric

No one likes us-I don't know why
We may not be perfect, but heaven knows we try
But all around, even our old friends put us down
Let's drop the big one and see what happens

We give them money-but are they grateful?
No, they're spiteful and they're hateful
They don't respect us-so let's surprise them
We'll drop the big one and pulverize them

Asia's crowded and Europe's too old
Africa is far too hot
And Canada's too cold
And South America stole our name
Let's drop the big one
There'll be no one left to blame us

We'll save Australia
Don't wanna hurt no kangaroo
We'll build an All American amusement park there
They got surfin', too

Boom goes London and boom Paris
More room for you and more room for me
And every city the whole world round
Will just be another American town
Oh, how peaceful it will be
We'll set everybody free
You'll wear a Japanese kimono
And there'll be Italian shoes for me

They all hate us anyhow
So let's drop the big one now
Let's drop the big one now

July 2nd, 2006, 01:30
That is my 3.5 per cent Dear
This is the second entry where Lady Davina's poor grasp of English idiom has shown up. First of there was "your want" when any educated person knows this is "your wont". Now there's "flight of fantasy" rather than the correct "flight of fancy"

Apologies for the "want" pure typing/spelling mistake.

Your grasp of the English language is deficient (but once again your belief in your own infallibility has been shown up - perhaps you should adopt the title of Holy Father in place of Hedda then people would really believe you are infallible).
The phrase "flight of fantasy" was deliberately used and is as equally correct English usage as "flight of fancy". Perhaps you should look up the difference between "fantasy" and "fancy" in you magic dictionary but better still find a proper English dictionary (the OED is a good example) and not the American one (which you are fond of quoting)...we all know how American usage of the language has bastardized it beyond recognition.

dab69
July 2nd, 2006, 02:54
[quote="Lady Davina":cku78gpd]That is my 3.5 per cent Dear
This is the second entry where Lady Davina's poor grasp of English idiom has shown up. First of there was "your want" when any educated person knows this is "your wont". Now there's "flight of fantasy" rather than the correct "flight of fancy"

Apologies for the "want" pure typing/spelling mistake.

Your grasp of the English language is deficient (but once again your belief in your own infallibility has been shown up - perhaps you should adopt the title of Holy Father in place of Hedda then people would really believe you are infallible).
The phrase "flight of fantasy" was deliberately used and is as equally correct English usage as "flight of fancy". Perhaps you should look up the difference between "fantasy" and "fancy" in you magic dictionary but better still find a proper English dictionary (the OED is a good example) and not the American one (which you are fond of quoting)...we all know how American usage of the language has bastardized it beyond recognition.[/quote:cku78gpd]

don't like it you can always shut up and leave

July 2nd, 2006, 03:29
Davina can always use the {Ignore} button, as I do for Thaiquila, baziel, LMTU and a cast of other colonial and ex-colonial oiks. Reading and responding, like some of our other pleasures, is something to be enjoyed between consenting adults in private. If you want to make up rules you become a Grand Ayatollah like Gay Button - and avid readers will be pleased to know that Hedda has posted news of another Fatwa - http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... .php?e=247 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/weblog_entry.php?e=247)

Impulse
July 2nd, 2006, 03:55
I dont like to hear American bashing either.Like Thaiquila said,most gays in America hate bush.He is ruining our country with the deficit caused by this ridiculous war,cutting programs for people who need them,he was put in power by corporate America,which now controls our country,not the people.They have managed to deflect our real issues with other issues not as important.Now that he is unpopular and the republicans are worried about our midterm elections he(they) are using the gay marriage theme to get people to vote republican just like the last election. Half the country voted against him last election and the majority voted against him in 2000(but he won because of the electoral college).So its our government and half the people that are stupid,not all of us!So bashing America is a waste of time here since Im sure most gays here if they voted,did so for Kerry or Gore.If they voted for bush I would like to know why. I know a lot of people are jealous of Americans,this is a poor reason to bash America. If your from England you should be just as embaressed about Blair as that dope supported our dope.

July 2nd, 2006, 04:07
If your from England you should be just as embaressed about Blair as that dope supported our dope.Embarassment about the government of the day? What a silly idea. They are there for our entertainment, dear boy - not to be taken seriously. Bill Clitoris and his eleven episodes of oral-genital contact and one episode of oral-anal contact kept us all amused for months

July 2nd, 2006, 04:12
Homintern wrote :

Davina can always use the {Ignore} button, as I do for Thaiquila, baziel, LMTU and a cast of other colonial and ex-colonial oiks.

Good advise for Davina , homintern, this wacko will be perfect in your club, enjoy !

Impulse
July 2nd, 2006, 09:54
Clinton was one of the better presidents we had in recent history.He had sex with a consenting women much like John Kennedy who is one of the most commemorated presidents we have.So what.

July 2nd, 2006, 09:59
The cigar thing was a little over the top.

July 2nd, 2006, 15:41
Clinton was one of the better presidents we had in recent history.He had sex with a consenting women much like John Kennedy who is one of the most commemorated presidents we have.So what.

Perhaps Bush could learn a lesson from this and get f#@ked!

July 2nd, 2006, 16:57

Perhaps Bush could learn a lesson from this and get f#@ked!

You do it. I've a weak stomach.

cottmann
July 3rd, 2006, 12:02

1. We do not transport our prisoners to countries that ignore the Convention of Human Rights so that they may be tortured by those countries on our behalf.

2. We do not provide manufactured false intelligence of WMD to convince other countries to invade other states/countries when all we are really concerned about is the oil reserves of those countries we wish to invade.

3. Our troops do not humiliate and rape young girls before murdering them in cold blood along with the rest of their family.

4. Our troops do not abuse prisoners and treat them like dogs. Let alone be so f***** stupid as to be photographed carrying out these atrocities.

5. We do not have a president who is so dim-witted that he needs to be wired with an earpiece to tell him what to say during a speech.

6. We do not have presidential families who have to be so worried about their hidden, and according to the USA constitution illegal, business dealings with Middle тАУEastern potentates that we smuggle the families of those potentates out of our countries in secrecy before anyone can ask them any questions.

True, but.....

Point 1. But some European governments collaborate in secret with rendition flights and deny it until caught out
Point 2. But some European agencies collaborate in funneling forged documents back to the USA - as did the Italian agency SISME and the forged Niger documents
Point 4. but some European/British soldiers do beat up on teenage Iraqi boys - as shown on BBC TV on February 11, 2006 - the cameraman gloating, тАЬOh yes! Oh yes! You're gonna get it. Yes, naughty little boys! You little f***ers, you little f***ers. DIE! Ha, ha!тАЭ

July 3rd, 2006, 12:39
I think it's only on American television that I hear vomit-making phrases that Americans seem to take in their stride. This one is from a recent political campaign on television. "The California coastline is perhaps God's greatest gift to mankind". I've heard others of a similar ilk. And who can forget Reagan's nauseating "It's morning in America" campaign? Then there's the endless drum-banging about how they're "under attack" and "at war" just because they experienced what they've been exporting to the rest of the world for the last 40 years eg. financing the IRA and training Osama bin Laden. "What goes around comes around" is what grown-ups think - but not Americans

cottmann
July 3rd, 2006, 13:23

In 1988, "American Heritage" magazine invited academics to name the single most overrated figure in American history. John F Kennedy got the top spot with more votes than anyone else, and Ronald Reagan came in second.
In 1996, a select group of historians and political scientists rated the American presidents, and Kennedy came in 12th out of the-then 41.
A much larger 1997 poll, conducted by William J. Ridings Jr. and Stuart B. McIver, surveyed 719 scholars. In that poll Kennedy came in 15th.
I guess having sex with consenting women doesn't make you a really great president.

Wkipedia has an interesting survey of various rankings US presidents at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical ... Presidents (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_U.S._Presidents).

July 3rd, 2006, 13:30
Very good homintern, how very spot on! God is also American no doubt. American bashing on forums seems to be a global hobby. You just can't ignore all those sentiments.

cottmann
July 3rd, 2006, 13:56
Very good homintern, how very spot on! God is also American no doubt. American bashing on forums seems to be a global hobby. You just can't ignore all those sentiments.

While I do not know if God is American, I understand that Americans believe that She has given them a "Manifest Destiny," which they understand to be a mission to expand, spreading the American form of democracy and freedom, usually violently and whether other people want these blessings or not. This is based on the American Heritage Dictionary definition of "Manifest" as meaning "Clearly apparent to the sight or understanding; obvious," with subsidiary meanings of "blatant" and "caught in the act," and Destiny or " The inevitable or necessary fate to which a particular person or thing is destined; one's lot.
To this has now been incorporated the second defition of "Manifest," namely "a list of passengers or an invoice of cargo for a vehicle (as a ship or plane)." This has lately been interpreted to mean (a) The USA has a destiny to maintain for ever lists of passengers arriving in the USA by ship or plane, and (b) it is the USA's right to import and consume as much of the world's production as possible, preferrably using borrowed money to do so. In this interpretation, "one's lot" has become to mean "the whole lot."
This value system is predicated on the belief in the virtue of the American people as opposed to the vice or vices of all others. Any state that challenges this belief is called by the USA a "rogue state," a term used almost exclusively by the government of the United States that has not gained wide acceptance. A website at Princeton University defines a rogue state as "a state that does not respect other states in its international actions." By this definition, the USA is a rogue state.

July 4th, 2006, 06:18
By this definition, the USA is a rogue state.Roguishly pursuing happiness (one of the inalienable rights of man, apparenty)

Aunty
July 7th, 2006, 11:07
I've had the privilege and joy of living in the United States for two years; I've also had the misfortune of taking several trips to a mutton dressed-up-as lamb Europe.

I think that pretty well sums up my position. Believe me there is no European superiorty, only European arrogrance. And since I am neither European nor American, I think I bring a certain objective independence to this matter.

I am also very mindful and not at all surprised that this very forum is an American creation, not a European one.

cottmann
July 7th, 2006, 11:36
I've had the privilege and joy of living in the United States for two years; I've also had the misfortune of taking several trips to a mutton dressed-up-as lamb Europe.

I think that pretty well sums up my position. Believe me there is no European superiorty, only European arrogrance. And since I am neither European nor American, I think I bring a certain objective independence to this matter.

I am also very mindful and not at all surprised that this very forum is an American creation, not a European one.

But perhaps, on the other hand, you should be mindful and not at all surprised that the creator of the World Wide Web, which permits this forum to exist, was a European, not an American (namely the Briton Sir Tim Berners Lee) and that it developed at a European institution - CERN:

"Prior to the 1990s, the Internet was primarily the domain of scientists, government employees, academicians, and a few corporate users. The Internet started from the Department of Defense ARPANET project, a communications network of the Advanced Research Projects Agency, designed to help administer DoD grants to corporations and universities for defense-related research.
Though effective, its use was limited. That suddenly changed, though, when Timothy Berners-Lee, knighted this past spring by Queen Elizabeth II, invented the World Wide Web. He coined the name to describe the web of network-accessible information, based on the universe of interconnected computers and servers. As part of this system, he invented both the HyperText Markup Language (HTML) to create graphical Web pages and the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) used to request and transmit Web pages between Web servers and Web browsers.
It all started in 1989 when Berners-Lee proposed a global hypertext project while working as a consultant software engineer at CERN, the European Particle Physics Laboratory in Geneva, Switzerland. He sought a way to record random associations between objects, a system that could view information regardless of the format or platform it was on, and was easy to use without merging link databases. .....

http://www.elecdesign.com/Articles/Inde ... cleID=8681 (http://www.elecdesign.com/Articles/Index.cfm?AD=1&ArticleID=8681)

July 7th, 2006, 11:49
And since I am neither European nor AmericanIndeed - merely a jumped-up nuclear physicist from the arse-end of the world where, if I'm not mistaken, every young person aims for what is quaintly termed the "OE" - the Overseas Experience, a phrase that says it all

I think I bring a certain objective independence to this matterToday's non-sequitur

cottmann
July 7th, 2006, 12:21
And since I am neither European nor AmericanIndeed - merely a jumped-up nuclear physicist from the arse-end of the world where, if I'm not mistaken, every young person aims for what is quaintly termed the "OE" - the Overseas Experience, a phrase that says it all

I think I bring a certain objective independence to this matterToday's non-sequitur

Quote from a BBC UK website:
"....when the young Kiwis reach adulthood, they get a strong, often irresistible urge to travel. They feel a need to spend some time seeing the rest of the world. This is known as the overseas experience - or the big OE.
The big OE of a generation ago basically involved going to London, finding a flat with other Kiwis, South Africans or Australians and getting a job; any job. The UK was the main choice since New Zealanders had pretty free access, and it was still regarded as the 'mother country' of the Commonwealth. Since then the UK has decided that it would rather be part of Europe, and access to young Kiwis has become somewhat tighter. "

Perhaps the second paragraph explains Aunty's attitude?

July 7th, 2006, 12:31
access to young Kiwis has become somewhat tighter. " Perhaps the second paragraph explains Aunty's attitude?I somehow suspect Aunty's not that young a Kiwi any more. However I'm wondering if perhaps "access to young Kiwis" is something worth pursuing?

Aunty
July 7th, 2006, 13:47
Oh what I mean by 'this forum being the creation of an American' cottman is not the technology that underpins it (the Internet) I mean THIS forum. Elephantspike is an American from New England if I'm not mistaken, right?

As to the OE that some young 20-something New Zealanders take, well I'm not really sure what this has got to do with this discussion. I suppose it was raised by that poisonous bitter Australian who in his own words is a fat-cunt loser, who can't cut it in his own country so he lives in the third world. The reality is that only a small number of New Zealanders go to the UK (about 7000 a year) and they can only stay there for two years. I wouldn't over interpret it (or misunderstand it) otherwise you run the risk of looking foolish, although looking foolish is what homadumb specialises in. But if it were possible for our young people to go to the US, I can guarantee to you that more would go there than to the UK, but they simply can't go.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. The British have got to give up this nostalgic and patronising view of New Zealand that they have clung to for the last 50 years (another example of European arrogance). We resemble that country as much as today's London resembles the London of decades past. But at the end of the day all Europeans can do me a real big favour. Don't come here.

July 7th, 2006, 14:04
I suppose it was raised by that poisonous bitter Australian who in his own words is a fat-cunt loserI take it you are referring to this Shires-bred, Harrow-, Cambridge- and Sandhurst-educated bald, fat, old cunt? I've certainly lived in Australia from time to time, liaising as one does with various better-left-unnamed government agencies and for my sins I've even spent some time in what must be the wettest city in the world - Auckland - in the Land of the Long White Shroud. However I never quite mastered the art of rimming a ram which I understand is part of the upbringing of every red-blooded Kiwi boy

cottmann
July 7th, 2006, 14:13
Ah, Aunty, thanks for your explanation of the comments about the forum vs. the technology. It is true that the Forum's webmaster is American but it is also true that the Forum would not be possible with the underlying technology which originated outside the US.

With regard to the patronising and nostalgic view that the British have of New Zealand, I have no reply. I am not British and have no opinion one way or the other about New Zealand - though I have worked in the past with some New Zealanders. If, however, the British do have such a viewpoint about New Zealand, I wonder to what extent it has been fed in the past 50 years by the "OE?" I was unfamiliar with the term until a few years ago when, in the course of my work, I came across an article entitled "The big OE": self-directed travel and career development," by two New Zealand academics Kerr Inkson and BA Myers, in "Career Development International," Volume 8, Number 4, July 2003, pp. 170-181. I was interested to note that the article - and others - do refer to this OE as something common to both New Zealand and Australia, however. A quick Google search on The Big OE did suggest, however, that the UK and Europe are still as important destinations for this experience.

cottmann
July 7th, 2006, 14:44
....I take it you are referring to this Shires-bred, Harrow-, Cambridge- and Sandhurst-educated bald, fat, old cunt? ....

May I recommend to you the comment by Mr. Andrew Turner (MP for the Isle of Wight): .....I commend to the Committee the words of Sir Osbert Sitwell, who, when asked where he was educated, wrote in Who's Who, ''during holidays from Eton.'' That is of course one of the most important components of any child's holiday. I understand perfectly why parents choose to spend money to send their children to independent schools, secure in the knowledge that the bulk of their education is being provided outwith those establishments.

July 7th, 2006, 14:51
''during holidays from Eton.''As every Harrovian knows

cottmann
July 7th, 2006, 15:06
''during holidays from Eton.''As every Harrovian knows

Were you by any chance a charter member (if you will pardon the expression) of the Society for Tumescence, or was this after your time? Or perhaps apocryphal?

July 8th, 2006, 02:35
after your time? Or perhaps apocryphal?Everything after my time is apocryphal

July 8th, 2006, 07:41
I'm an American, and I suck.

cottmann
July 8th, 2006, 08:20

So why is it called a "blow" job?

July 8th, 2006, 10:28

So why is it called a "blow" job?
If I knew that, I would be a rich man.
I blow too.

July 8th, 2006, 10:52
Aunty: "I've said this before and I'll say it again. The British have got to give up this nostalgic and patronising view of New Zealand that they have clung to for the last 50 years (another example of European arrogance). We resemble that country as much as today's London resembles the London of decades past. But at the end of the day all Europeans can do me a real big favour. Don't come here".

I cannot at all claim to be an expert on New Zealand but having visited there, I must say that if ever there was a small English town transported to another country elsewhere in the world, then Christchurch in New Zealand is that town. It actually feels too English to be true!

I would suggest that you ignore Aunty's plea to do her a favour and not visit, from the countries I have been lucky to land in around the world, New Zealand has to be the most amazing. From the beautiful Bay of Islands, to the eery and smelly Roturua, from volcanic Lake Taupo to Art Deco laden Napier, from the serene and peaceful Abel Tasman National Park to the wild, wet and windy west coast of the south island and from homely Christchurch to the magnifiscence of the Franz Joseph Glazier - take a chance that you would not meet Aunty and go visit.

One more thing, if anyone in the world wants to take notes on how to work with the indigenous population and have a truly integrated society, then New Zealand, hands down, beats the ass off America, the UK and Australia.

July 8th, 2006, 10:53
Was the question do bald, fat, old cunts suck?

If they have no teeth they do! :cheers:

July 8th, 2006, 11:17
One more thing, if anyone in the world wants to take notes on how to work with the indigenous population and have a truly integrated society, then New Zealand, hands down, beats the ass off America, the UK and Australia.You have got to be joking. One of the many reasons there are so many ex-patriate Kiwis is that they've decided to leave "all that Maori nonsense" behind. (I'm quoting Kiwi expatriates)

Here are some basic facts:
1 Who ethnically cleansed the original inhabitants of New Zealand (the Moriori)? The Maoris
2 Who exterminated NZ's unique flightless bird but nevertheless claim to be ecologically responsible? The Maoris
3 Who spent most of their lives in traditional times cowering in fortified villages because of marauding war parties from other tribes? The Maoris
4 What is the fastest-diminishing sector of the workforce in every advanced capitalist country? Agricultural workers
5 What is the sector now most reliant on capital-intensive rather than labour-intensive work practices? Agriculture
6 What did the Maori ask for as part of their Treaty of Waitangi financial settlement? Agricultural land for their people
7 What language most benefits knowledge workers in the modern world? English
8 What language takes up a disproportionate time in Maori schools? Maori

NZ's silent white supremacists must be rubbing their hands together in anticipation. The Maori have chosen to marginalise themselves and their descendants for generations to come, all the while perpetuating a myth (that's all it is) of racial harmony because they got what they asked for (never ask for what you want - you may get it!)

July 8th, 2006, 12:37
One more thing, if anyone in the world wants to take notes on how to work with the indigenous population and have a truly integrated society, then New Zealand, hands down, beats the ass off America, the UK and Australia.You have got to be joking. One of the many reasons there are so many ex-patriate Kiwis is that they've decided to leave "all that Maori nonsense" behind. (I'm quoting Kiwi expatriates)

Here are some basic facts:
1 Who ethnically cleansed the original inhabitants of New Zealand (the Moriori)? The Maoris
2 Who exterminated NZ's unique flightless bird but nevertheless claim to be ecologically responsible? The Maoris
3 Who spent most of their lives in traditional times cowering in fortified villages because of marauding war parties from other tribes? The Maoris
4 What is the fastest-diminishing sector of the workforce in every advanced capitalist country? Agricultural workers
5 What is the sector now most reliant on capital-intensive rather than labour-intensive work practices? Agriculture
6 What did the Maori ask for as part of their Treaty of Waitangi financial settlement? Agricultural land for their people
7 What language most benefits knowledge workers in the modern world? English
8 What language takes up a disproportionate time in Maori schools? Maori

NZ's silent white supremacists must be rubbing their hands together in anticipation. The Maori have chosen to marginalise themselves and their descendants for generations to come, all the while perpetuating a myth (that's all it is) of racial harmony because they got what they asked for (never ask for what you want - you may get it!)

Perhaps I should have qualified my statement with the term 'modern day society'. Regardless of how old you think I am, when I visited New Zealand and visited the sight, it was not as long ago as the signing of the Waitangi Treaty (1840). At that time and prior and post signing of the treaty there were many battles between Maori's themselves and also the colonising forces of the empire. The treaty was misinterpretted by both sides with the Maori's believing they were leasing out their land and not selling sovereignty over the land. There were also many dodgy deals as settlers bought land from people who had no right to sell it. The 'modern day' government of New Zealand is at least trying to make some redress and, I believe, has so far made various settlements in terms of return of some lands, several hundred million dollars in cash payments, formal apologies from the crown (state) for various breaches of the treaty and recognition that there are cultural associations between Maori's and the land (or various sites).

Ok, so modern day New Zealand still has some problems, the return of land to the Maori's is still a political issue, but for the most part the government of New Zealand works with the population to find solutions which can benefit all. The integration of society with Maori's working alongside the Pakeha (white) population and ever increasing Asian population is significant and visible and there are seats set aside for Maouri candidates in the Parliament. It ain't perfect but it's a damn site bettter than what you see in Australia - if you visit Alice Springs (still one of my favourite places in the world) you can starkly see the separation between white and aboriginal societies.

As for the 'extermination of NZ flightless bird', there are many flightless birds in NZ. However, if you refer to the Moa, the indiginous population did indeed have a hand in it's downfall, but according to http://www.terranature.org/flightlessBirds.htm , the population of this bird had already dwindled from several million to around 159,000 before man set foot on the islands.

Re: the learning of ones own language, should the rise of China continue as an economic power and (as a hypothesis) Chinese become the language of business worldwide (go with me on this one) would you suggest that English be discontinued as a language taught in schools in England, Australia or America ... No! If schools in New Zealand wish to keep their cultural heritage alive by teaching the Maori language, then good on them. I also found that many whites had learnt some of the Maori language and enjoyed learning about their culture too.

I needed to check some of my facts but found the following site useful:
http://www.answers.com/topic/treaty-of-waitangi

July 8th, 2006, 14:54
... who don't understand why the Maori are so lazy and generally regard them with complete and utter contempt

Aunty
July 8th, 2006, 17:35
http://www.mccahon.co.nz/images/CM0_001411_00.wtmk.jpg

http://www.mccahon.co.nz/images/CM0_000176_00.wtmk.jpg

http://www.mccahon.co.nz/images/CM0_001046_00.wtmk.jpg

July 9th, 2006, 08:28
Aunty thank-you for the invite, I have always wanted to tip-toe through your gorgeous gardens of Eden, feeling the soft bush against my naked legs and the little plump fury kiwi in my cupped hands (do they bite?) then soar up your mighty peaks for a quick ski.

Euroland has it's attractions too you know. How I would miss slagging off the French or pitying the English or fine dinning in Brussels and long summer days in Scotland. I couldn't miss for the world! Italy, Croatia and Greece,so much and such a short life.

America on the other hand, well yes I travelled extensively in my short life and do have some fond memories of those obese disaffected drunk Americans in their splendid natural habitat.

But what struck me as most endearing was the need for Americans in general to exaggerate "their" history and it's importance, at least since the first scurfy Englishmen arrived in 1607 in the twee and forgettable theme park in James Town. The nonsensical yet commonly used American phrase "since history began" sticks to mind.

All these sentiments around a cup of crap-O-ccino in the enlightened bowels of an American shopping mall, and who needs Europe anyway?

July 9th, 2006, 14:15
and seen some of the most beautiful boys ( I mean men Smiles) on the planet..I think it should be compulsory for all Americans to suck.

Aunty
July 9th, 2006, 15:27
Aunty thank-you for the invite, I have always wanted to tip-toe through your gorgeous gardens of Eden, feeling the soft bush against my naked legs and the little plump fury kiwi in my cupped hands (do they bite?) then soar up your mighty peaks for a quick ski.

Euroland has it's attractions too you know. How I would miss slagging off the French or pitying the English or fine dinning in Brussels and long summer days in Scotland. I couldn't miss for the world! Italy, Croatia and Greece,so much and such a short life.

America on the other hand, well yes I travelled extensively in my short life and do have some fond memories of those obese disaffected drunk Americans in their splendid natural habitat.

But what struck me as most endearing was the need for Americans in general to exaggerate "their" history and it's importance, at least since the first scurfy Englishmen arrived in 1607 in the twee and forgettable theme park in James Town. The nonsensical yet commonly used American phrase "since history began" sticks to mind.

All these sentiments around a cup of crap-O-ccino in the enlightened bowels of an American shopping mall, and who needs Europe anyway?

Cedric with these sorts of attitudes, you not seriously claiming a superiority to the very Americans you're so quick to mock, are you?

By the way when I lived there I never met an obese disaffected drunk American, and my bush isn't soft, it's just like me, all hard and prickly. And yes my furry Kiwis' bite.

Have a nice day.

July 9th, 2006, 18:05
Yes, Aunty I am not claiming to be anything. I thought you had met some real Americans? If you need directions, they usually hang out in reservations centred around a casino, anywhere where there are infertile sterile lands,deserts are a good starting point.

Pearls of wisdom, I have been tempted, it is true, by the hybrid vigour of some of the offspring of those men that colonised those shores so long ago, those who ensured the very beginning of history. But I am rather more tempted by the later arrivals they are usually fresher and don't have as much of a wacko factor. Mexican anyone?

The border in fact just outside San Diego is an almighty relief from LA, a bolt hole I have used on numerous occations. And an even greater relief about five hundred kl into Baja, or if going from Vegas through Phoenix and staying in Tucson (avoid the fat hairy man and his guest house, you will thank me later or end up chasing through the dead of night through strange territories in your sports car, and end up sleeping at the border with all the doors locked and a bottle of tequila for company) relief will hit you at about Hermosillo and the second bottle of tequila, not an American insight, just you your hitch-hiker (ok he was just an innocent petrol pump attendant that I stopped to chat up, but even Keanu had to be discovered) endless adventure and real people to embrace. :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

Ok thats a bit mean; many more real people to embrace? :cheers:

July 9th, 2006, 20:24
Does anyone have any idea what Cedric's trying to say? His stream-of-consciousness (make that unconsciousness) babble defies understanding. He rants on without regard for the rules of grammar or logic.

July 9th, 2006, 21:14
Sathorn? Rules of logic?????? May I ask what dogmatic hell hole of a religious minority you hail from? Is it the train spotty grammar club of Crawville Tallahassee? I probably know you then, carry on the good work I am sure Jane Austin would be proud.

Fatman this is hell on feet. I am taping the Wimbledon mens final as I type. Can you believe, I am actually not watching it. I promised on the life of my fair nephew that I would not watch, not my idea I can assure you. My French nemesis and tennis partner made me do it, he had to go on a sudden trip to Kuala Lumpur, and the idea is we watch it on his return. And I love my nephew so much. It's a close thing. While the frog lords it up in the Imperial or something Sheraton.

I find the French are partial to cheating, so it wouldn't surprise me if he was gorging on profiteroles in-front of some cable network watching the match.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

July 10th, 2006, 02:19
I am sure Jane Austin would be proudBut would Jane Austen? Is Cedric's Jane from Austin, TX perhaps?

July 10th, 2006, 06:49
SIMPLE RULE FOR GETTING FORUM TROLLS TO BITE

(1) CASUALLY BAIT HOOK
(2) WAIT A FEW MOMENTS

As you can see, they work flawlessly!

July 10th, 2006, 08:00
Thanks Homi for pointing out the many typo's and spelling errors. Are you offering to be my permanent editor? This would be very useful.

There are three of you too choose from. I don't think Sathorn will do, just not interesting enough and he/she is restricted by some very conservative and dull ideology, like rules of logic. GnyArse is taking a holiday, but he is also too volatile,no control of his emotions, and that I find sloppy. So that just leaves you. You have sense of humour enough, and that is important for this thankless task.

If you can work seamlessly and silently in the background, this would be a big plus?

July 10th, 2006, 10:23
Who'd win a fist fight, Amelie or Roger? Cedric will understand.

Oh, and did he bring back any profiteroles for you?

July 10th, 2006, 13:43
I would hope Roger wins a fist fight with the lovely Amelie, only because it will at last put a holt to her/his winning streak, a few broken toes should do it. The strangest ladies finals I have ever seen, it was choke up all round. And then suddenly Amelie must have caught the foul wind blowing in from across the channel, because she started belting for France, and the rest is history.
I don't like to admit but I am warming just slightly to Amelie, he has a voice that is so soft and feminine for a man. It makes you wonder what the hell is going on. Gender disorientation. She also blamed the French open for making Justine too tired to win. You don't think it was fixed do you? I take the English you take the French?

The profiterole glutton suddenly finds he has to go to Singapore and Mumbai as well, coward. I bet he watched every-thing, soccer tennis and probably lots of sick porno in-between. It's that messy toilet kind he likes, rubber gloves and bleach for afters. Not our kind, lots of tits and oversized cows.

Fatman it all turned out for the best. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: And you were pretty accurate I must say.
Italy winning the world cup and Federer the tennis, what a nice feeling and a good way to start the wet season. I am going to watch it all on Friday with some mango sticky-rice. Frenchy prefers Mc Donald's, so I will bung some cheese burgers in the sink to ripen. :cheers:

July 11th, 2006, 03:05
All the ones I met in San Francisco did - some of them rather well.

July 11th, 2006, 12:08

Could you repeat that?

July 11th, 2006, 13:00
http://upload4.postimage.org/586183/rushcar10.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/586183/photo_hosting.html)http://upload4.postimage.org/586191/rushcar21.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/586191/photo_hosting.html)
http://upload4.postimage.org/586193/rushcar1.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/586193/photo_hosting.html)

July 12th, 2006, 02:46

Could you repeat that?

July 12th, 2006, 07:45
Suck, you idiots. Suck. He's making a teehee about the question posed in the original subject of this thread. Do I need to draw you a picture in Crayola crayons?

July 12th, 2006, 10:03

Could you repeat that?

Thank you. I thought that's what you said!

July 12th, 2006, 11:58
Thanks Homi for pointing out the many typo's and spelling errors. Are you offering to be my permanent editor? This would be very usefulIt may indeed be useful for you but What's In It For Me? I think of you as someone whose closest acquaintance with culture is when you check what's under your foreskin

July 12th, 2006, 12:10
I don't think of you at all, but if you are in it for reward, will a A nice big slice of Cheese do? Now get your head outta the toilet, smut bag,and get a breath of fresh air!