PDA

View Full Version : Attaching Photos

Surfcrest
February 25th, 2016, 16:41
Yes, we've discussed it before...but I'm going to show you an easy way you're going to like.

To add a photo, you select the Insert Image button from your toolbar.

http://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?17632-Posting-Toolbar-Instruction-2

A Pop-Up window should appear in your screen with the option of adding a link or Uploading a File from your computer / device.
If it doesn't work for you, close it and open it again.

Click the Browse button to find the photo, where you have it stored.

And then once you see the file name in the box, click the small Upload file(s) link right under.

This should place the BB Code, for the photo in your post.

Wherever your curser last was, when you clicked the Insert Image button is where the photo will go.

Simply move your curser where you want, to put the photo where you want.

That's it! :)

Brad the Impala
February 28th, 2016, 16:36
That sounds simple, and easier. Can I double check that if you upload an image directly from your computer in this way, that it isn't in reverse traceable back to your computer.

Moses
February 28th, 2016, 18:32
That sounds simple, and easier. Can I double check that if you upload an image directly from your computer in this way, that it isn't in reverse traceable back to your computer.

Full anonymity still exist in Internet, but cost a lot. In other more simple cases officials can trace everything. They may trace your phone, your money, your habits, your position on map. Microphone in your phone can't be switched off while you have battery in it, transmitter in your phone nonstop shows your location - do you care?

Short answer: when you upload file - it appears on sawatdee server and users watching it from server and know nothing about your computer, but if officials will need to find sender of file - they mostly will find unless you are using complicated system of proxy servers, VPN and Tor software...

This picture uploaded just to make my answer more sweet :)

cdnmatt
February 28th, 2016, 19:12

You need to remove the Exif data from the image. Just did a quick Google search, and for example -- http://www.verexif.com/en/ No idea whether or not you can trust that site, and it's just what came up in a quick search.

Nonetheless, if you're worried about anonyminity, then you want to ensure Exif data is removed from your images. It's not difficult to do though, especially if you're a developer. The Exif data can include a wide range of things, such as manufacturer, device name / model, device ID#, resolution, GPS coordinates, date & time, and more. However, it doesn't include things like your name, phone#, or anything like that.

Nonetheless, if you're wanted by the police for example, there's a somewhat decent chance they can track you down by the Exif data. If not the GPS coordinates, then the device ID# if you registered your device for warranty reasons, which is basically always, because almost all shops require your name, address and phone# upon sale, and that data goes into the manufacturer's database.

Brad the Impala
February 29th, 2016, 04:28
Full anonymity still exist in Internet, but cost a lot.

It's not international law enforcement agencies that I am worried about, more the posters here! Or to whomever this site might be sold to or controlled by in the future!

Brad the Impala
February 29th, 2016, 04:31
You need to remove the Exif data from the image. Just did a quick Google search, and for example -- http://www.verexif.com/en/ No idea whether or not you can trust that site, and it's just what came up in a quick search.

Nonetheless, if you're worried about anonyminity, then you want to ensure Exif data is removed from your images. It's not difficult to do though, especially if you're a developer.

Thanks Matt, but that wasn't altogether the reassurance that I was looking for, especially with it not being difficult for a developer!!

Moses
February 29th, 2016, 04:53
It's not international law enforcement agencies that I am worried about, more the posters here! Or to whomever this site might be sold to or controlled by in the future!

oh, that is much more easy to say: with or without posting of pictures owners see your country, sometimes city, and name of your internet-provider, + your e-mail address... that's all...

Surfcrest
February 29th, 2016, 11:57
There are no plans to sell the site now that we have it working so well again.

Surfcrest