PDA

View Full Version : Like Button

Brad the Impala
February 24th, 2016, 05:15
Weren't we going to a have a "Like" button, so we could acknowledge posts that we liked? Or is it here and I haven't found it.

Moses
February 24th, 2016, 05:24
it is here already from yesterday :)

look at row under each post: most left button THANKS :)

Moses
February 24th, 2016, 05:26
I will move this tread to appropriate place: forum for feedback and support

Moses
February 24th, 2016, 06:15
By the way: we have not only "THANKS" button, but also system of reputation of member. Every one can use it (black "sheriff" icon near THX. It allow not only "LIKE" but also "DISLIKE".

What's the difference? THX-system shows mostly how useful is information, while reputation-system is targeted mostly to user's behavior. So if post is useful by content but rude by form then both system can be involved to vote this post/user's behavior.

In each post you see user's nickname then his role and then line with green dot. It is reputation-meter. It show positive (green) or negative (red) reputation of user at this forum. Community now have not only verbal but also "digital" way to control user's behavior. Everyone can use reputation system.

Smiles
February 24th, 2016, 08:06
Is there an 'I Don't Like You' feature? A 'Fuck Off' button would be well-used on Sawatdee. The potential features are infinite. And don't even get me started on bloody HashTags.

Brad the Impala
February 24th, 2016, 13:53
I saw the "Thanks" button, which as you comment is useful in the scenario of showing appreciation for information, for which people sometimes post their thanks also, but doesn't fulfill the same purpose as "Like" as in amused or entertained by a comment.

Anyway it's all an improvement, thanks.

Surfcrest
February 24th, 2016, 14:54
Funny you say that, I was just thinking that the Canadians will certainly set themselves apart from the rest, with this "Thank YOU" tally. If there was a "Sorry" button I'd have to rent a bigger server...LOL

Seriously though, We thought it best to start with the most basic of features and grow on that from there. As Moses said, there is so much more functionality with the vBulletin controls that it will be a bit over whelming for some if we don't take it in steps. This way, we as a membership can decide what we want and what we don't and create this together. There is another Forum out there, much bigger than this on vBulletin, so there is lots to learn and even more so for me.

Moses is working on the big stuff here with the software integration and the server management. I'll work on the vBulletin Controls and assist any members with any of their log in or personal set up. You can send me a PM from this Board or the old Board, I can usually attend to it immediately if you see me online. There are no problems too big or too small, we're here to help you get comfortable here.

Surfcrest

loke
February 24th, 2016, 21:33
Why not just call it a Like button ? Thanks sounds a bit off-topic to me.

Moses
February 24th, 2016, 22:02
Because in future when we will ad also Like button from Facebook we will end up with 2 LIKE buttons then and it will make even more mess.

Smiles
February 25th, 2016, 12:07
Funny you say that, I was just thinking that the Canadians will certainly set themselves apart from the rest, with this "Thank YOU" tally.

Just to clarify the above-mentioned 'Canadianism'.

A Canadian is walking peacefully down a sidewalk in Vancouver [or wherever] amongst a number of other strollers. Some Ethiopian [or whoever] manages to step on the Canadian's foot. The Canadian then immediately responds with '... oh, I'm so sorry, are you OK ... '.

It's quite true, a Canadian trait. I've done it, many times. :confused: