PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Return to Forum Link??

GWMinUS
February 23rd, 2016, 21:58
The new format is great, but I cannot find an easy way to Return to the Forum after reading the last message.
That used to be just below the last message.
Any suggestions??
GWMinUS

Moses
February 23rd, 2016, 22:11
The new format is great, but I cannot find an easy way to Return to the Forum after reading the last message.
That used to be just below the last message.
Any suggestions??
GWMinUS

You have 4 options here:
- big square blue/black button FORUM will take you to forums list
- while next one WHATS NEW will take to list of last posts and events
- FORUM link in breadcrumbs will again lead you to forums list

Surfcrest
February 25th, 2016, 00:42
On the Old Board, in a thread and at the bottom of each page was a Return to Sawatdee Gay Thailand link below the Post Reply button, on the left side that would fast navigate the member to the Forum, to select what topic to read /post to. Additionally, there was a Board Index button down there to take you to the Main Forum to select what Forum to read posts from.

Here, to the bottom right we have a the Quick Navigation drop down menu on the right hand side of the page. If you click the arrow, it will give you the option to go anywhere else on the site. Additionally, there is a Top button to the right of that menu that will take you to the top of the page.

Surfcrest

GWMinUS
February 25th, 2016, 23:18
Sorry Surfcrest and Moses,there does not seem to be something equalivant to the old "Return to Sawatdee Gay Thailand" link on the new pages.
The "Quick Navigation" drop down takes you to the Main Page "Sawatdee Forum" and then you have to click the sub-forum to get back to the messages in "Sawatdee Gay Forum". Just not as convenient.
And the Link at the bottom of the Thread says "Sawatdee Gay Forum" but it does not return you to the Forum. You again go back to the Main Page.
Maybe it is just some html that needs to be changed??
Thanks, GWM

GWMinUS
February 25th, 2016, 23:25
OK I think I finally see how to Return to the "Sawatdee Gay Forum", but it is a bit cumbersome.
You click the Quick Navigation box, then scroll all the way down under "Forums" and can select it.
Maybe you could move the "Forums" menu to the very top so it is easier to access?
Thanks, GWM

Moses
February 25th, 2016, 23:29
Sorry Surfcrest and Moses,there does not seem to be something equalivant to the old "Return to Sawatdee Gay Thailand" link on the new pages.
The "Quick Navigation" drop down takes you to the Main Page "Sawatdee Forum" and then you have to click the sub-forum to get back to the messages in "Sawatdee Gay Forum". Just not as convenient.
And the Link at the bottom of the Thread says "Sawatdee Gay Forum" but it does not return you to the Forum. You again go back to the Main Page.
Maybe it is just some html that needs to be changed??
Thanks, GWM

to return to posts list in actual subforum you can use "breadcrumbs"

Brad the Impala
February 28th, 2016, 16:33
I never knew that they were called "breadcrumbs"! Anyway they are all at the top of the page. It would be good if there was a one click option at the bottom of a thread page, to allow the reader to return to the list of topics in the forum to which the current topic belongs.

Moses
February 28th, 2016, 18:21
I never knew that they were called "breadcrumbs"! Anyway they are all at the top of the page. It would be good if there was a one click option at the bottom of a thread page, to allow the reader to return to the list of topics in the forum to which the current topic belongs.

it is right here, in front of you.