PDA

View Full Version : Rollcall!

cdnmatt
February 23rd, 2016, 00:16
So who all made it over to the new forum? Drop a quick post, and let us know you're here.

And obviously, big thanks to Surfcrest and Moses for working to improve our online gay Thailand experience.

lego
February 23rd, 2016, 01:01
Once Gaybutton shows up to let us know that the new forum is looking good, it will be doomed (or jinxed?). At least it did wonders to Bruce's new forum. :p

cdnmatt
February 23rd, 2016, 01:14
Yeah, but Bruce's board was doomed to fail from the beginning. He had his own personal vendetta, and was looking to dictate the conversations as how he sees fit.

Whereas Surfcrest and Moses allow us, the members to dictate the conversation. Two different worlds, and personally, I'll take the latter.

Nirish guy
February 23rd, 2016, 02:01
Just to say "Hi" - here at last - and apologies to Moses who even after he posted exact details to follow I STILL ended up having to message him. To be fair I thought I "had" checked my junk mail folder as instructed, forgetting of course that I have SEVERAL junk mail folders it seems, anyway, here now and glad to be a part of the new board - and let me be the first to christen the new board with it's very first "lol' - lol :-)

Moses
February 23rd, 2016, 02:10
Everyone is welcome :) No one has to apologies: I have been teacher for over 10 years so I have "iron patience" (direct translation from Russian) and I can easy to repeat the same things many times till everyone will understand it, but it can be quite annoying to members :)

By the way: who is Bruce? :))))))) Sorry, while I have been many times in BKK and Pattaya and had a lot of chat with expats in gay bars and clubs (but never name myself as "Moses"), I still have no idea who is who (meaning: how real community is crossing with virtual community).

Brad the Impala
February 23rd, 2016, 04:46
Present(that isn't an offer!)

goji
February 23rd, 2016, 04:48
By the way: who is Bruce?

For the avoidance of doubt, I believe the previous posts referred to the member with the ID: BRUCE_NYC.

Mancs
February 23rd, 2016, 04:49
I'm here. Indeed, thank you to Surfcrest and Moses for organising our move so seamlessly.

anonone
February 23rd, 2016, 08:21
I am here as well.

As a creature of habit, this new place is going to take awhile to get used to...

Cheers for making the move so easy.

frequentfliers
February 23rd, 2016, 08:43
Transfer was painless

catawampuscat
February 23rd, 2016, 08:59
Glad to see lego on board..
I think gaybutton's comments were not a jinx but the adoration of hitler crap turned off
everyone and add badboybilly to the mix and you have a disaster

Jellybean
February 23rd, 2016, 10:29
Sir! Yes, sir! I’m also present and correct sergeant Matt.

And, I’ve also brought my good friend Kyle along with me. He’s so much more reliable than Harvey. ;)

Thanks also to Surfcrest for your email help in drawing my attention to the Edit Avatar button, which wasn’t there when I first tried to add Kyle.

cdnmatt
February 23rd, 2016, 10:52
And, I’ve also brought my good friend Kyle along with me. He’s so much more reliable than Harvey. ;)

Cool. I have Cappunne and Boxer along with me (they're in my avatar).

Unfortunately, Kim named Cappunne, and that was before I knew "cappunne" meant "spaghetti noodles" in Thai, lol. By the time I figured it out, it was too late, he already knew his name. Oh well, he doesn't seem to mind. :)

francois
February 23rd, 2016, 13:32
Yes, Francois is on board; but be wary of downloading your avatar! Look what happened to me.

a447
February 23rd, 2016, 14:58
A447, reporting for duty!

Transition was seamless. Well done, Moses.

Nirish guy
February 23rd, 2016, 16:25
Glad to see lego on board..
I think gaybutton's comments were not a jinx but the adoration of hitler crap turned off
everyone and add badboybilly to the mix and you have a disaster

Ah yes the board where he couldn't even PAY people to post on it it seems, says everything I guess ........I wonder if those who did are now panicking over not getting their ( about one dimes worth) of funds paid out to them (in Bitcoin of course) - oh well, I'm guessing it's not the first group of people to find themselves in that situation sitting wondering what happened their money if what is all over the internet is anything to go by eh Bruce...... :-( Still, nice to see his "blog" went well for him, thankfully we've a nice new shiny board here too now so it appears we won't be in need of another - although it seems almost everyone had already decided that from the off anyway it seems.

bucknaway
February 23rd, 2016, 16:39
The board looks and feels nice. I hope to check out the bells and whistles sometime soon.

Moses
February 23rd, 2016, 17:11
I hope to check out the bells and whistles sometime soon.

Yeah, check and explore all FOUR menus at top: there are a lot of options. It is HUGE and me & Surfcrest even hide half since it was not possible to setup all functions in such short time which we had for moving without long waiting btw backup of old board and import to new one.

bucknaway
February 23rd, 2016, 17:34
Just checking out the pics option

lukylok
February 23rd, 2016, 17:56
Even if my friend here keeps telling me I am "zero technology", the transfer went very smoothly

christianpfc
February 23rd, 2016, 20:45
I'm here!

quote: And then there's Christian ("I've-never-met-a-message board-I-wouldn't-join ...)

Forky123
February 23rd, 2016, 21:05
Here. Though apparently I can't say just "here" as it isn't enough characters.

christianpfc
February 23rd, 2016, 21:30
Will this forum be transferred to the old address?

lexusgs
February 23rd, 2016, 21:33
Thanks Surfcrest and team for a prompt response to pm. Place looks great!

Moses
February 23rd, 2016, 21:39
Will this forum be transferred to the old address?

I don't think so. One of new sites will take domain name, the second one will be subdomain. I don't know yet who will be "winner" - wordpress with news or new forum.

Moses
February 23rd, 2016, 21:43
Also I want to remind: the good readable version on this new forum is only blue for now. I make tuning of design only on it. The rest will be tuned at once when I will finish to tune all pages of blue version.

If you wanna check changes - just try to switch color at left bottom at any page (button "METRO").

RonanTheBarbarian
February 24th, 2016, 04:52
I am here! Although it seems my avator didnt make it...

[Edit: have now re-added the guy]

arsenal
February 24th, 2016, 08:15
Well I have arrived at last. For some reason on normal internet the login box fails to load and in normal mode I am unable to post so I've had to use the mobile choice.

Smiles
February 24th, 2016, 08:25
I'm here!

quote: And then there's Christian ("I've-never-met-a-message board-I-wouldn't-join ...)That quote looks familiar. Where did you dig that up from?

Maxxy
February 24th, 2016, 10:01
Yep I'm here

Up2U
February 24th, 2016, 15:26
Thanks to SC I can login and resume posting.

BonTong
February 24th, 2016, 17:07
It seems like I'm here too. Congratulations to Surfcrest and Moses on a big improvement.

Yraen
February 25th, 2016, 05:44
Surfie and Mose are certainly doing a great job. May their fingers be blessed with agility and creativeness.

jvt22222
February 26th, 2016, 07:33
Finally figured it out ....... I am here!!!

Orientfan
February 26th, 2016, 13:49
Hi everyone, very good to have the new forum up and running. Have a great and safe weekend!

neddy3
February 27th, 2016, 17:00
Made it!Good to be back.

whiteonrice
February 27th, 2016, 19:22
Newbie here!

Moses
February 27th, 2016, 21:19
Newbie here!

Welcome onboard :)

Khor tose
February 27th, 2016, 23:38
I am here. Moses what did you teach?

Moses
February 28th, 2016, 00:14
Moses what did you teach?

Law. But left it long time ago.

Jellybean
February 28th, 2016, 16:03
The almost daily popping up of forum members who then announce their presence on the ‘Roll call’ reminds me of the teleportation process in the Harry Potter books, where witches and wizards disapparate from one place (the old forum) and apparate, in this case, in the new forum. As in Harry Potter, some members have been more successful than others at teleporting.

Hopefully, we shall soon have all the old members announce their successful move to the new forum without the distinctive cracking or popping sound which is normally associated with unsuccessful attempts at disapparition and apparition. Lol!

Dodger
February 29th, 2016, 18:17
I'm here I think.

scottish-guy
February 29th, 2016, 18:34
About 0.25% of me is here

:rolleyes:

Marsilius
February 29th, 2016, 19:06
I've arrived too...

dab69
March 1st, 2016, 05:03
HAD to login to see pics of boys in "Cuba" thread. Actually the pics scared me off from cuba.
Glad to see "Scottish" made it here :)

Not going on vacation this year myself? Sooo close to retirement maybe nExT year don't have to return?
Still time left for an April trip to see friends? Hell I don't even know.