PDA

View Full Version : "Thank You" system at Sawatdee Forum.

Moses
February 22nd, 2016, 23:56
"Thank You" system just has been installed at forum.

From now each post has button THANKS at left side under poster "profile". Also forum will inform you if one of your post got "Thanks" via notification system (as it informs when you have new private message). If such notification annoying you - you can switch it OFF in your account : SETTINGS (top-right corner) - GENERAL SETTINGS (left column, middle) - scroll down till the end of section Messaging & Notification and uncheck box near last point "Notification for new "Thanks" on your posts?"

Smiles
February 24th, 2016, 07:45
How does one delete his own post? I cannot see any buttons available to self-delete.

Moses
February 24th, 2016, 08:33
How does one delete his own post? I cannot see any buttons available to self-delete.

it isn't allowed to users, only admins and moderators can do it... if you want to delete your post - use button "warning" (report post) - black triangle at post's bottom row and write "please delete [reason]"... final decision leaves on moderation team...

Smiles
February 24th, 2016, 09:13
it isn't allowed to users, only admins and moderators can do it... if you want to delete your post - use button "warning" (report post) - black triangle at post's bottom row and write "please delete [reason]"... final decision leaves on moderation team...
On the old board the delete button worked only for a short time; either by time, or by the event of someone replying to your post. As long as your post was the last post in the thread one could self-delete until the button disappeared
For various reasons a member might have second thoughts about his post, especially if was contentious or rude etc etc etc. Having 'second thoughts' is common in life so why not have it be common on message boards when one feels his post was simply over the line. A self delete button lasting for a specific and temporary length of time seems to me a much easier way to do it rather than having to go through the whole rigmarole of getting hold of the Admin/Mod to do it for him.
People make mistakes, and have regrets about specific postings.They should be allowed to wipe out a post immediately upon having second thoughts.

Surfcrest
February 24th, 2016, 14:58
I noticed another member deleted a post in the last two days that changed the context of the posts that followed. So I went in and simply turned it off. I'll go back and try to set the controls to all of that stuff similar to what worked so well for us back at the Old Board. I'm going to try to make some adjustments with how the "Quote" function works to improve the visibility of quotes in a post.

There may be a few adjustments that I am not able to make right away, if Moses is working on that area of the site...so please be patient!

Surfcrest

lego
February 25th, 2016, 01:59
It does sound a good idea to allow the deletion of posts within the same timeframe editing is allowed - as long as you can effectively "empty" a post by editing it anyway.

Moses
February 25th, 2016, 02:31
Since this platform hasn't time frame for deletion, it is not possible to make such tuning right now. And for sure - writing scripts for it while 58 members are waiting for restoration of their profiles... trust me: such script will be written not very soon... Solution for now: if you wanna your post be deleted - click black triangle and ask to delete.