PDA

View Full Version : No Reservations Needed!

Manforallseasons
February 21st, 2016, 21:18
This could be compared to opening night of a new play, If I were a producer I would be concerned as most seats appear to be empty, my hope would be that the critics show mercy.

cdnmatt
February 21st, 2016, 21:51
Weren't you the one being critical of Smiles after he criticized the new design, saying he should basically show some respect after all the work Surfcrest and Moses have put into the new board?

francois
February 21st, 2016, 22:27
Weren't you the one being critical of Smiles after he criticized the new design, saying he should basically show some respect after all the work Surfcrest and Moses have put into the new board?

Moses was very helpful in allowing me to log in. However , so far, not so easy to use this new forum.

cdnmatt
February 21st, 2016, 22:42
Why? Seems just as easy as every other forum on the internet. Write a message, post a reply, etc...

Well, except those gay Japanese anime cartoons that appear at the bottom of the page. Not sure what that's about...

Moses
February 21st, 2016, 22:59
Moses was very helpful in allowing me to log in. However , so far, not so easy to use this new forum.

We just made change from cart to modern car. Yeah, it isn't so easy: here are much more options and functions. We even hide some parts of this "forum" till time when first changes will be adopted by users of old forum. It is "almost" social network with possibility to make personal pages, blogs, custom public and private groups and circles and so on... it is HUGE...

Well, except those gay Japanese anime cartoons that appear at the bottom of the page. Not sure what that's about...

Surprise! It is Thai cartoon of Thai artist. I took it just as a placeholder while I will make real design in that part of forum.

Dalewood
February 21st, 2016, 23:59
Folks, it is "Land of Smiles" not just "Smiles".

It took some dope I know very well quite a while to figure that out.

lego
February 22nd, 2016, 00:01
I think the password reset and logging in on the new board were VERY easy indeed, and the reason had been given well before...

scottish-guy
February 22nd, 2016, 15:35
Obviously there will be transitional problems affecting some people and from my "member since" date you can easily see I've had some - however, I'm hopeful that like a severe case of constipation, it will all work out in the end.

:D

Jellybean
February 22nd, 2016, 16:58
Obviously there will be transitional problems affecting some people and from my "member since" date you can easily see I've had some - however, I'm hopeful that like a severe case of constipation, it will all work out in the end.

You seem to be involved in a game of Snakes and Ladders with the forum scottish-guy, with more snakes than ladders. This is the second time I recall that your post count has gone back to square one. Didn’t you have around 5,000 posts under your belt at one time? If Moses can part the Red Sea, then surely he can reinstate your true posting record. Hmmm . . .

scottish-guy
February 22nd, 2016, 23:16
Yes you're right Jellybean - after His Immensity banned me from the SGT and Surfy invited me back, it proved impossible to link up the two identities although the posts made under my original incarnation still exist.

Here's hoping they have better luck this time :cool:

Surfcrest
February 23rd, 2016, 00:24
Please check out some posts I have made in the vBulletin Feedback Forum that talk about some of the new functions. Most are very similar to the old phpBB Board in their Standard mode. I will be providing some Step by Step instruction on posting. As for Style, now that the main functions are working, we can look at decorating and adjusting things to make it easier to view.

I'll take a look at your personal settings Francois to see if I can adjust it better to your liking.
Remember, you can make adjustments yourself to your own settings through the Forum Actions button, up on the right side here.

Surfcrest

anonone
February 23rd, 2016, 08:23
Do we need to upload our avatar / character thingys? Mine doesn't seem there...

Smiles
February 23rd, 2016, 10:27
It took some dope I know very well quite a while to figure that out.
Took 'Smiles' (as in 'me') quite a while as well. I think 'dope' is being too harsh on yourself. That question was the rubics cube of of security options ... worse than LAX when in a hurry.

Jellybean
February 23rd, 2016, 10:48

Oooooh! Is that really you François? You appear to have put on some weight since I last saw you. :eek:

dinagam
February 23rd, 2016, 12:11
Can we have a bit of red & green to bring some life to the present wintry background?

francois
February 23rd, 2016, 13:22
Oooooh! Is that really you François? You appear to have put on some weight since I last saw you. :eek:

Oui, c'est moi, Francois! When I updated my profile that is the avatar that popped up. Too much food and wine since my younger days.

Moses
February 23rd, 2016, 14:48
Can we have a bit of red & green to bring some life to the present wintry background?

http://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?17616-Sexy-colors-)-of-the-Forum

dinagam
February 23rd, 2016, 15:41
Thanks Moses. I've just deciphered some of the scripts on your tablets.
I like the colourful banner at the top.
Hope to see some more of your miracles.
Good job.

scottish-guy
February 23rd, 2016, 17:07
Oui, c'est moi, Francois! When I updated my profile that is the avatar that popped up. Too much food and wine since my younger days.

You seem to have turned into colourised version of Oliver Hardy.

I'm keeping my distance anyway - if one of those buttons on your shirt pops, it could take someone's eye out.

anonone
February 24th, 2016, 06:24
Do we need to upload our avatar / character thingys? Mine doesn't seem there...

I guess so. Mine needed an update anyway...