PDA

View Full Version : Statement from Monty

Monty-old
July 1st, 2006, 14:20
June 30th 2006 - The Truth about Monty's

Three years ago I took a lease on the Marina Inn Hotel Swimming Pool, after it had been laying idle for a year. It had been steadily falling into disrepair since the demise of The Wooden Brew. (You can see what condition the Pool Bar premises was in when I took it over, by going to my website via www.suneeplaza.com (http://www.suneeplaza.com) and clicking on Monty's B&B and Pool Bar.)

I spent quite a lot of money turning Monty's Pool Bar into something I was very proud of. My intention was to make it a gay friendly place - a convenient alternative to Jomtien's Dong Tan Beach, but with none of the hassles of the vendors and the massage boys etc.

But, eighteen months ago, I lost interest in the Pool Bar. Firstly, I did not like all the hassles I was getting at that time (or for that matter - the Monkey House - read the stories in the newsletters on this website). Secondly I bought and set up Monty's B & B, and thirdly, I was battling with ill health.

But rather than rant and rave, I and my partner, Ron, decided to concentrate on other projects. Ron opened a guest house in Rayong (now sold) , and I put my efforts in Monty's B & B, Take Care !!!, G.A.P. (Guardian Angels Pattaya), and into caring for my own health.

I put the Pool Bar under the management of Chow, and moved Lek to manage Monty's B & B. They have both done a marvellous job, under their management, supported by good staff, and my guidance. I would like to thank all my customers and my many friends also, for their support over the last three years.

Both the Pool Bar and Monty's B & B have prospered.

So now it is time to move on. As from November, I will hand back the Pool Bar to Marina Inn Hotel, and I wish all the best to anybody that takes it over.

I am also putting Monty's B & B on the market, as I want to put my energies into a bigger and better guest house. It will be in the same area, and it will be totally gay (but hetero friendly !)

But, if the new venture does not happen, I will be very happy staying where I am at Monty's B & B, looking after guests and friends.

So, I am a happy man, and will remain so - although I know I cannot please everyone - but at least I try !!

......................... Monty

Monty is a major sponsor of GAP Care House -

July 1st, 2006, 20:12
Best wishes in your future plans.

Pity if the pool lands up as an entirely hetero venue but such is the nature of change.