PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the new Sawatdee Network site

Surfcrest
February 21st, 2016, 01:51
First off, you may notice some of the last posts from the old Board are not here from when we announced the move...so sorry about that.
Some of the attachments, that were posted after the announcement may also be affected. Any PM messages sent or received from the old Board in the last 24 hours approximately were also affected.

When you arrive at the new Board, you will see a message running across the screen telling you how to Register or how to log in using the Forgot password prompts, please use that link.

It will request the email address you registered with us and may require you to answer a question or re-type the letters in the box, to prove you are human and not a SPAM robot.

Thailand is known as "Land Of Sm..."
Please answer: Land of Smiles

This will send an email to your email address. If you don't see it there, check your Junk folder...it might have gone there.

You will click on the link in the email, that will take you back to the site to confirm it is you with another link to click, before the site emails you your temporary password.

Once you log in, from the top right hand corner of the site...you are in.

Please have a look around...adjust your personal settings, change your password, if you wish. Your PM's are now known as your Notifications, you'll see the tab on the top right.

Please let us know any problems that you notice.

Please play around with the new posting controls.

Most of all, enjoy!

Surfcrest & Moses

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/Surfcrest/repair_man.jpg

GWMinUS
February 21st, 2016, 22:39
Had no problem updating my Password.
Like the "look" of the new Forum.
Only one question? How do you return to the Forum after reading the last post??
Do not find a Button of Link as was on the old system.
Leaw pob gun mai!

Moses
February 21st, 2016, 22:50
How do you return to the Forum after reading the last post??

big square blue or black button "forum" at the header

lego
February 22nd, 2016, 00:03
Very well done! :)

Michael
February 22nd, 2016, 01:31
"Thailand is known as "Land Of Sm..."
Please answer: Land of Smiles"

You could have made this easier! My first thought was ...iles, then Smiles

Moses
February 22nd, 2016, 03:07
"Thailand is known as "Land Of Sm..."
Please answer: Land of Smiles"

You could have made this easier! My first thought was ...iles, then Smiles

Thank you! There are few question and few answers in each question with variants. "iles" and "smiles" and "ile" and "smile"

a447
February 22nd, 2016, 14:49
Lookin' good!

Moses
February 22nd, 2016, 14:57
Lookin' good!

Do you waiting for pink? :)

Moses
February 22nd, 2016, 16:52
a447 (http://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/member.php?86-a447)

you can change to "almost pink" at bottom left corner - watch "METRO" button there

also please read this post (http://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?17616-Sexy-colors-)-of-the-Forum)

a447
February 22nd, 2016, 20:10
Cool! I just changed to green. Much better than the light blue......and way better than pink!

Thanks.

Smiles
February 22nd, 2016, 20:46
Cool! I just changed to green. Much better than the light blue......and way better than pink!
Thanks.
The green is god awful. At least it could be rice-paddie green.
But teal ... now that rocks.

cdnmatt
February 22nd, 2016, 21:13
I'm sporting green myself. I like it. For whatever reason, makes me think I should buy a fish tank again.

Actually, I really should do that. It's always a nice attribute to a home office. Calms the soul.

Moses
February 22nd, 2016, 22:41
Teal is my preferable too. But for now I tune only blue theme for to make it more readably. Check this tread in blue and in any another color.

homeseeker
February 23rd, 2016, 11:06
Taken me several attempts etc., to get logged in...but done at last!

Andaman!
February 23rd, 2016, 14:25
I am logged in OK to the new site but my Avatar appears to have disappeared. Will that be transferred over in due course Moses?

Moses
February 23rd, 2016, 14:41
Will that be transferred over in due course Moses?

No. Do it yourself. Why else we had "backup your avatars" announce at old forum at past month?

Dick
February 26th, 2016, 01:08
How to change the temporary password? After logging in and going to settings, and then edit email/password, it just brings me back to the opening page that says you're not logged in.

Moses
February 26th, 2016, 01:16
How to change the temporary password? After logging in and going to settings, and then edit email/password, it just brings me back to the opening page that says you're not logged in.

Yes, it does that. If you change password in settings and save it, then forum will logout you and you should login again with new password.

More information is in FAQ http://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_changing_deta ils

fountainhall
March 2nd, 2016, 10:07
Re photo attachments, is it still necessary to do this through a site like photobucket?

Smiles
March 2nd, 2016, 11:32
Fountainhall, according to the drop down box regarding images (located in the little green box above in the lineup of posting features) one can add an image either from (1) a hosted url address in a website like Photobucket, or (2) directly from an image located on your own computer (for instance on your Desktop).

The 'Add Image' process on vBulletin is slightly more complicated than on the old board, but easy enough to get used to fairly quickly.

The photo below was posted from my computer desktop, using the drop box feature, in about 10 seconds (includes the time spent hunting for just-any-old-photo).

Andaman!
March 2nd, 2016, 14:31
Typing in www.sawatdeenetwork.com still takes you to the old site. Then you have to click the link to the new site. Clicking FORUM on the new site takes you back to forum on the old site. Then you click another link to go to forum on new site. This is absurd. Assuming Mr Moses would like people to use the new site and new forum he should point www.sawatdeenetwork.com to the new site and on the new site have a button to take viewers back to the old site if they need to. Similarly on the new site, FORUM should take people to the new forum from where there could be a link back to the old. The new should be the default and this will encourage the last members to switch over. Hopefully Mr Moses can make these changes?

Moses
March 2nd, 2016, 16:19
I can do almost everything, but I can't do "almost everything" at once :) Please make new bookmark for new forum and new website and you will arrive here just in one click.

Why I don't make changes now? Cuz of Google: we don't need left first page of Google searching results with words "gay Thailand" and etc. That means I have to write quite complicated script which will make map-file for to show to Google where pages of old site has been moved - i.e "301 redirect map" (see this worlds in Google). But for now I'm busy with moving forum and recovering 58 members - they are waiting to be with us at new forum.

Shortly: I know about problem and it will be resolved according to priority.

fountainhall
March 3rd, 2016, 10:03
Thanks Smiles.

Surfcrest
March 3rd, 2016, 10:28
Members,

We have illustrated answers to some of these questions in the Feedback Forum http://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/forumdisplay.php?10-Feedback-Forum-HowTo-forum-s-FAQ

Please See: http://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?17629-BB-Code-Instruction-1 For posting instructions

See: http://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?17632-Posting-Toolbar-Instruction-2 For toolbar instructions

and See: http://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?17822-Instruction-3-Managing-Your-Profile For instructions on how to manage your profile.

Stay tuned for more Instruction posts to help familiarize you with the new Board controls.

Surfcrest

fountainhall
March 11th, 2016, 10:19
The bar with log-in has been moved to the top right. May I suggest that the font size should be a bit bigger? It's quite easy to miss, the more so as even with black as the preferred colour that bar remains in pale blue.

Surfcrest
March 11th, 2016, 14:32
Excellent suggestion fountainhall. I'd like to calibrate the font size package, so that some fonts are smaller and other larger. Moses has really simplified the Forum page for us, now that we've got the functions firmly imbedded. I'm going to make some adjustments to the posting settings and so here is where it really helps if you can provide suggestions. The minimum post setting can be reduced, the hope is the Like function took away the one word (or less) replies. The Edit function, how long should it be? As well and challenges or annoyances with the posting or PM posting function.

I'll be working on these areas over the coming days.

Surfcrest

fountainhall
March 11th, 2016, 19:11
A lot of work is going on and I'm grateful to you and Moses for getting through our comments with such good grace. As for the Edit time, I'd like to suggest that it is changed to an hour (think it's less at present). Especially with longer posts ("Guilty, m'lud!") second thoughts sometimes occur to posters some time after posting.

Smiles
March 12th, 2016, 11:08
I agree with above comment by F.
A one hour edit time seems quite reasonable to me.

Surfcrest
March 12th, 2016, 12:20
Okay, the Edit time has been set to One Hour or 60 Minutes, for both the title and the post. The "Last Edited" message will appear for anything edited after 30 Minutes. The minimum number of characters for a post is now 2. The maximum number of photos in a post is set to 5, so if you want that increased, please let me know!

Surfcrest

fountainhall
March 23rd, 2016, 23:09
Question. I have tried to respond to a thread using the multipost function. At first nothing happened. Usually on other boards, as soon as you click the first post, that one will come up in the reply box. You then click on a second post and it comes up in the reply box - and so on for as many replies as you wish to make. Here, though, after I had clicked three or four multipost icons, it took a while but they all suddenly appeared in the Reply box! But by then I had decided to highlight different posts. So I deleted those multiposts and pressed reply on another post. Yet the 3 or 4 original multiposts automatically appear and the new reply post is nowhere to be seen.

I have tried getting off the thread, looking at other threads and then coming back to the thread to which I want to add a reply. Still I can only get the original multipost posts! I have also logged out and back in again. Yet again, when I press Reply to just one post, only the original multiposts come up!! It's quite maddening!

It does seem that the multipost function is not working properly. That being so, would it not be better to take that function off the Board until any bugs are sorted out?

Moses
March 23rd, 2016, 23:37
It does seem that the multipost function is not working properly. That being so, would it not be better to take that function off the Board until any bugs are sorted out?

It works properly, but not like you expect :)

When you click box with "quote" for multi-quote - forum "remembers" it and changes icon near this post for quoting: you will see not black plus sign but blue checkmark. If you want "unquote it" you should click again the same icon.

fountainhall
March 24th, 2016, 12:25
Re: POST EDIT TIME

60 minutes seems not to be the case with old posts. I wanted to tidy up a lot of small errors in a longish post I made less than 30 minutes ago in the Gay World section this morning, and got a message saying the edit time was limited to 15 minutes! The the Edit Post icon disappeared!

fountainhall
March 24th, 2016, 12:36
It works properly, but not like you expect
Thanks Moses. Seems slightly complicated as in other chat rooms all I've needed to do is delete the wording from the Reply box. But we'll get used to it. Keep the changes coming!

fountainhall
March 24th, 2016, 12:45
RE POST REPLY TIME

Now I have more problems. Every post made today has the Edit Post icon disappearing after 15 minutes! I wanted to edit Post 32 above at 12:44 because another problem had appeared, but no EDIT function!!

Moses
March 24th, 2016, 18:31
RE POST REPLY TIME

Now I have more problems. Every post made today has the Edit Post icon disappearing after 15 minutes! I wanted to edit Post 32 above at 12:44 because another problem had appeared, but no EDIT function!!

Yes, it is cuz Surfcrest changed this settings back to 15 minutes, please read here http://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?17878-Offing-one-s-self

Also I suggest you to check and read this forum: here we announce all changes http://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/forumdisplay.php?10-Feedback-Forum-HowTo-forum-s-FAQ