PDA

View Full Version : Blacked out screen

a447
February 16th, 2016, 20:20
The new forum has all the bells and whistles, so it seems, but it hasn't fixed the problem of the black screen.

Question is, if SGT worked for 10 years without ever blacking out the screen, what was changed late last year to cause the problem? And who changed it?

Moses
February 16th, 2016, 22:13
how do you know it hasn't fixed?

I even didn't make it yet (I mean new forum), first I have to finish transition of old front-end yellow site to new one, only then I will make new forum

Moses
February 16th, 2016, 22:22
How to recognize new forum: when you will see this design, only then you are at new forum. (Note - picture shows not exactly how it will be, but how it is projected and done at my training server).

[attachment=0:r828m3iv]sw-preview1.jpg[/attachment:r828m3iv]

Manforallseasons
February 16th, 2016, 22:24
I hope its not fixed, after reviewing what is on the blue opening page the blacked out screene would work well for viewing it.

Moses
February 16th, 2016, 22:34
One more note: it is hard to react on bug report like that "I see black screen". From such report I can't extract any details for to find what and where it can be. The only reply I can make after such report is joke like "Please flip your phone - may be you are watching back cover".

No offense please, but for to fix problem I have to know what and where and at which conditions: at least device model, browser name and version and page URL where you see "black screen".

Surfcrest
February 16th, 2016, 23:07
It's the phpBB software updates that haven't been done and the fact that the phones and the browsers they are using are newer than the last updates we were able to do. As the phpBB will soon be history, I don't see any point in fixing a car on the way to the wrecker. I'm sure, if anyone has issues with the new blue background...they might suggest an alternative.

Surfcrest

a447
February 17th, 2016, 06:16
Thanks, Surfcrest.

Instead of blue, perhaps or should be....pink.

Moses
February 17th, 2016, 06:46
Thanks, Surfcrest.

Instead of blue, perhaps or should be....pink.

not everyone prefer pink - take a look at Facebook - blue has been choosed after many trials. But I can promise you: not right after opening, but in 1-2 weeks you will have option to change main color to pink for your personal use.

Look:

[attachment=0:2c03g3cz]sawatdee-pink.png[/attachment:2c03g3cz]

a447
February 17th, 2016, 14:36
Umm...I was joking, Moses.

Smiles
February 17th, 2016, 14:45
Hmmmm ... that's a problem in itself. Tongue-in-cheek is supposed to be easily spotted so as to get to L(ing).O.L

Moses
February 17th, 2016, 20:56

me - not :) it is planned option: to have switchable colors :) that why my answer has been so quick