PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya Lowdown

arsenal
February 13th, 2016, 10:58
My recent trip.

A short 8 day trip to Pattaya and I must be honest and say I had an absolutely wonderful time. Sunnee was generally quiet with occasional bursts of energy but it does seem to be on it's way out as a gay area. If Mm Sunnee sells up then I think it's curtains. All three gogo bars seem to be doing ok of which only Nice Boys is one I actually like. Goodboys could probably be busier if the owner could keep the frisson of the place while perhaps reducing the ever so slightly threatening vibe it gives off.

Boyztown often loked pumping, especially on Chinese new year but if you take away the employed staff then the amount of paying customers would look a little thin. Someone seems to have told the Chinese tour groups about their photography behaviour because there was very little of the walking/videoing I had witnessed in the past. The show at BBB was rather tame/lame and I maybe could expect more for 280 baht drink prices. A few nice looking boys and I offed one I had taken before after he practically asked me to.
My favourite place to sit was in Copa with a coffee. Until 11pm their soft drinks only cost 60 baht and alcoholic ones are 100. It's also the place to get the best view of the boys in BBB as they all come outside. A quick smile and a hello will soon tell you if he's interested without the cost of buying him a drink. My off record from there is just two but both were very good.
X-Boys customer service shows no sign of improving. As I have already mentioned on another thread I went there for the 00.45 show only to be told that "not enough customers so no show." Nothing special to be found in that bar any more. Brief visits to Kawaii, Cupidol and Dream revealed plenty of very pretty twinky boys, if that's your thing. Wild West Boys is no longer functioning as a gogo bar and someone has set up shop as a restaurant on the front stoop. It only needs dustballs to complete its burial. Funny boys is too a a pale shadow of its former self with not too many boys or customers. Toyboys is going from strength to strength with lots of boys and lots of customers.
I had a massage from Scandic and true to form it never turns out very well from there. The boy was ok but after 40 mins he had come and then wanted to finish and shower. They charge 1500 baht up front and he was also expecting more on top of that so the disappointment was shared equally between him and me. He had been smiling and inviting every time he saw me for a few days beforehand so despite my reluctance I went with him. My experience with Scandic has been almost universally poor so I think I'll simply avoid the place in future regardless of how handsome the boy is.

Jomtien has never really had much appeal to me in the past. Queenie twinkies screaming hysterically "heeeeeeeelllloooooo, I go wis yoooooo." No thank you. However they've had an influx of man boys, many of whom are from Cambodia. Yes please. I offed two from one bar (not at the same time) and both were excellent company and performed sexually as we had agreed which is as much as one can ask for.

Royal House Massage is always good and I had four massages there. Three were with the same boy although there is usually an excellent selection to choose from. For many boys it's their first foray into the sex industry so you might need to discuss what you expect before going upstairs. At midnight the place becomes a karaoke bar. I was the only farang whenever I went and sat there with a beer. The boys are friendly and will ask you to hire them off the stage.

So all in all a wonderful trip. 12 sexual encounters with 10 different boys which is a very good haul for a short trip.

neddy3
February 13th, 2016, 13:46
You're right about Scandic.

Ordinary boys, so so service, extra tips always sought.
I have tried a few times, but don't really consider it anymore.
A bit of a 'clip joint' in my mind.

Masage shops in Pattaya can be very disappointing by comparson to Bangkok.

latintopxxx
February 13th, 2016, 15:43
arsenal, care to share what these boys cost u?? Just curious...

arsenal
February 14th, 2016, 06:46
Latin: I paid 1500 in Boyztown and 1300 in Sunee and Jomtien. An hour massage is 1000 all over Pattaya.

Smiles
February 14th, 2016, 10:03
' ... Sunnee was generally quiet with occasional bursts of energy but it does seem to be on it's way out as a gay area. If Mm Sunnee sells up then I think it's curtains ... '
That's an interesting scenario. I wonder what would happen then.

The mass migration of boy bars to 'somewhere else' would be an interesting evolutionary event. Would they just pick up stakes en masse and take over an entirely new neighbourhood. It's hard to think of such a diaspora ... 'downtown' Pattaya is chock a block full of such straight joints already, where would they go.
The bars moving independently to rental facilities scattered all over town would probably be a disaster; all alone, in a sea of straight girly bars, or out in nowhere land beyond Sukhumvit Rd. ... the essential 'energy' of tight togetherness nurtured and coddled over many years would be hopelessly broken.
And then there's the Pattaya police/city hall which gives out the necessary 'Entertainment Zone' designation in the first place. Pretty sure those goldmine approvals don't come cheaply, if at all.

One area possibly open to a large expansion might be Jomtien Plaza. Lots of small garage-size places are sitting un-rented there already, and the a-fore mentioned 'essential energy' already exists ... waiting only to be hugely enhanced by a mini explosion of lots more boy bars moving there. Such a movement would add up to more variety to Jomtien Plaza, now full of 'Queenie twinkies screaming hysterically', or so sayeth Arsenal.
The main downside to the Plaza would be that GoGo is not allowed at the moment. Some begging and pleading, as well as lots of money, might well take care of that.

thaiguest
February 14th, 2016, 17:13
Jomtien might become the new Sunnee but the location is not ideal. The Sunnee boys like to live close to work in Flybird and various other cheap rooms including those in the Plaza itself.
The no go-go rule may come from 2 levels; the company that controls Jomtien Complex and City Hall.
Over the last 8 years or so the holding company has sold off many of the shop houses and thus no longer have the authority they once had. They still own the terraces outside every bar and the common areas though and collect the maintenance fees.
City Hall would probably have to give the nod for go-go bars even if a majority of owners were in favour of them. City Hall has no problem with the lady go-go bar on the left as you go towards the police station on the beach.
But maybe a wake is premature- the Sunnee patient is not dead yet.

egel
February 14th, 2016, 21:01
The patient may not dead yet but to put it another way....
The party isn't over in Sunee Palza, but the host is beginning to think about the washing up.....

anonone
February 14th, 2016, 21:07
I always assumed the area between Pattaya and Jomtien would be the next gay enclave, if Sunee ever folded up. I was thinking it more when the Arab expansion seemed never ending, but that seems to have slacked off some. Absent a major event (sale of plaza), I don't think it likely to close up anytime soon.

With some business already established on the hill (Sansuk, Baan Suay), it would seem to be a natural. I have no idea of the geographic boundaries for jurisdiction. Is it considered Jomtien or Pattaya? Or something else entirely? I don't mind Jomtien Plaza, but the lack of gogo bars is a big drawback for me.

thaiguest
February 15th, 2016, 00:44
Real life is organic and ever-changing.
This might save Sunnee.
As "anonone" has mentioned the Arab expansion around Sunnee has weakened.
In Jomtien the Russian offensive has also weakened partly due to the the ruble being around 50 satang right now.
Of course Madam Sunnee can do as she wishes but her policy so far is to lease to farangs and trusted thais.
The only property sold to outsiders is the new hotel at the entrance to the soi that contains GoodBoys, Sky Bar etc.
This property was given to her agent years ago.
So as long as Sunnee Plaza shows promise I think Madam Sunnee might remain loyal to the old Mamassans.

latintopxxx
February 15th, 2016, 01:19
I learn something every day, had no idea that a madam sunee even existed and that she was the mega landlord.

lego
February 15th, 2016, 01:36
I learn something every day, had no idea that a madam sunee even existed and that she was the mega landlord.
I'd say she's a mega landlady, being a madam, non?

thaiguest
February 15th, 2016, 01:39
Her husband was the original developer and she the gracious landlady after his death.
I might now be referring to someone who has passed away already but I hope not.
When she went into politics she changed the name of the plaza to Marina Plaza (inscribed in the wrought iron arches over the 3 entrances) as Sunnee had gained a less than respectable reputation. (?!) but the name never took off due to in large measure to our facination with sleeze nostalgia.

Jellybean
February 15th, 2016, 11:49
Arsenal, do you to mind me asking, did you travel to Thailand from the United Kingdom? If so, then I take my hat off to you. I simply could not imagine travelling such a distance for a mere 8 days. It takes me at least 7 days to get over the jet lag, despite adjusting my watch to Thai time and trying, as much as possible, to sleep and eat as per my destination time schedule. And, during those 7 days I donтАЩt have the energy for any rumpy-bumpy. My mind is willing, but my body is weak!

And, this current trip, the excessive heat on arrival just about floored me for a further 2 weeks. I mentioned on the V N Boys. Hard nuts to crack topic, that on my first visit to Soi Twilight, I turned down a request from a Vietnamese boy to off him because I didnтАЩt have the energy. I had actually gone to the soi to visit Bonny Massage, but once there, I couldnтАЩt even summon up the energy for that. :(

So, given my long-haul travel problems, IтАЩd need a minimum of 4 weeks to make the cost and the time spent travelling out from the UK worth all the effort. Just as well I have the luxury of 5-6 months to look forward to.

Incidentally, and slightly off topic, if anyone is interested, there is a topic over on gaybuttonthai.com entitled, Potential тАЬcureтАЭ for jet lag, but, disappointingly, the report ends by saying:

тАЬThe treatment could benefit not only travelers but also overnight shift workers and people with constantly changing schedules, he said, but that's a long way off. There's still more testing to be done before the technique is available to the public.тАЭ

http://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic. ... 1b651c2cb5 (http://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7651&sid=2cdb6f0fbbc1935d0679151b651c2cb5)

So no immediate relief from jet lag for me and the тАЬcureтАЭ, flashing lights, would, in my case, probably bring on a migraine attack!

francois
February 15th, 2016, 12:13
I'd say she's a mega landlady, being a madam, non?

Madam is a honorific for respected women in Thailand; I have heard it pronounced by Thais in French fashion, madame.

llz
February 15th, 2016, 15:27
The boys also use this word Madam in a sarcastic way when addressing to a fem-acting gay friend

arsenal
February 15th, 2016, 17:38
I've sent you a pm Jellybean.

scottish-guy
February 15th, 2016, 19:19
..Madam is a honorific for respected women in Thailand; I have heard it pronounced by Thais in French fashion, madame.

I'm not a Madam, I'm a Concierge!

[youtube:2fyx8j06]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL6mTMShVyk[/youtube:2fyx8j06]