PDA

View Full Version : Living in Thailand with Thai b/f vs. b/f(Thailand) U Visit

Manforallseasons
February 10th, 2016, 20:35
Being a long time expat here in Thailand the only real shot at a relationship is to stay here with your b/f. For those that have a b/f here that you come to visit when you can are living a virtual reality, as most of the boys here unbeknownst to you have mutible sponsers abroad giving them money usually monthly. The big problem for the boys is joggling the arrivals of his falang sponsers.

cdnmatt
February 11th, 2016, 00:28
Agreed, but same goes for all relationships, not just Thai-Farang gay relationships. Imagine a straight guy meeting up with a women in New York than telling her, "well, I can only spend 1 month a year in New York, but stay loyal to me, ok?". How well do you think that would work out?

Dodger
February 11th, 2016, 02:44
MFAS wrote

Being a long time expat here in Thailand the only real shot at a relationship is to stay here with your b/f.

I couldn't agree more, but it's the concept of "Boyfriend" that can be defined as "virtual reality" regardless if you're a visitor or an expat.

When I hear about farang visitors sending monthly cash to their Thai boyfriends I just have to cringe. but, on-the-other-hand, every time I hear an expat complain about his Thai boyfriend being moody...spending too much time out late at night with his friends...getting mau...or not wanting sex any more, I have the same cringe.

Can't live with em - can't live without em,...any way you carve the turkey.

Yraen
February 11th, 2016, 05:25
MFAS, I have a Fly-In/Fly-Out relationship. I go to Thailand once or twice a year and he comes to Australia every so often.
He is trying to build a business (and I do watch carefully the effort involved, the successes and failures). The important issue to me is the work-ethic and he exhibits plenty of that.
I have commitments at home (or did until recently). This seems to have worked well for us as we approach out 11th anniversary mid-March. However, I believe the FIFO would not suit everyone. Esp. resident ex-pats.

So, I have to agree with Dodger. :))

roguebear
February 11th, 2016, 09:48
Being a long time expat here in Thailand the only real shot at a relationship is to stay here with your b/f. For those that have a b/f here that you come to visit when you can are living a virtual reality, as most of the boys here unbeknownst to you have mutible sponsers abroad giving them money usually monthly. The big problem for the boys is joggling the arrivals of his falang sponsers. Well if it is virtual reality, I sure do enjoy it. I would be surprised if indeed BF has multiple sponsors, but if that is the case, he deserves credit for juggling so seamlessly. I do admire an entrepreneurial spirit. Even though BF worked in a gogo, I am sure I have slept with many more men than he has so no foul there. If he or I find someone we would like to be intimate with, no problem as long as there is some discretion. This so called virtual reality is limited to those that come to visit? Surely an enterprising young man could do the same to a long time expat as well. Granted the opportunity is much greater with the visitor.

Manforallseasons
February 11th, 2016, 14:50
roguebear your attitude is refreshingly realistic.