PDA

View Full Version : Siam Country Club

arsenal
February 10th, 2016, 13:22
Siam Country Club is a wonderful place to go for a leisurely lunch. After you've parked, a golf buggy whisks you up to the clubhouse. There you can enjoy lovely western or Thai food while enjoying the plush furnishings and gently rolling hills of the course. 5 star service for 3 star prices.

fountainhall
February 10th, 2016, 13:58
Sounds nice. So it's open to non-members? How much was lunch? How to get there with no car?

arsenal
February 10th, 2016, 15:01
Non members are very welcome. A taxi or baht bus can take you there very easily. Lunch was pineapple fried rice with shrimp, a mango shake and a latte. Cost was 486 baht including service charge.

loke
February 10th, 2016, 20:10
Talking about this area , near the lake , I always wanted to visit , but I live in Jomtien . I understand there are plenty of western restaurants with decent food and not too expensive, You can get a good meal for 200ish baht .

latintopxxx
February 10th, 2016, 20:18
now before u all fall off your collective chairs...its not always about the money..it's the whole package..I do think there's a difference between an upsized BK meal in a mall and a meal in a country club with beautiful views.

Manforallseasons
February 10th, 2016, 21:03
There are another 2 restaurants that are often toughted on that other board with the foot section that are also on the "dark side" and they just happen to be on the discount app called Eatigo, have been to both and will say they are less than exciting.

For those that don't know what the "dark side" is it is the other side of Pattaya's Sukumvit road!

arsenal
February 10th, 2016, 23:51
Latin is right. The whole package at Siam Country Club will leave you with an enormous sense of well being. Of having enjoyed a touch of class.

PeterUK
February 11th, 2016, 11:15
It sounds similar to a trip to Silverlake vineyard for lunch. About the same distance and also beautiful views including a lake. The restaurant at Silverlake is in a baronial hall of a room with all-glass front and very high ceiling; it is probably a bit more expensive. The chocolate souffle dessert is one of my all-time favourites.

arsenal
February 11th, 2016, 12:24
Thanks Peter. I've never heard of Silverlake Vineyard. It's on my list for the next trip. Where is it?

And today I'm having the fillet steak baguette with French fries and a salad for 250 baht.

latintopxxx
February 11th, 2016, 14:03
Whaaat...BHT 250?!...on the off chance that it is really fillet it must only be the thinnest smallest cut possible. Suspect what they r gonna feed u is more like brisket.

PeterUK
February 11th, 2016, 14:49
Where is it?

For Silverlake you head south along Sukhumvit and turn left (it's signposted) just before reaching Nong Nooch Gardens. Altogether about a 20 minute drive from Pattaya. There are other attractions right by Silverlake, including a giant Buddha image engraved on a cliff face and a Chinese temple.

christianpfc
February 16th, 2016, 13:05
A taxi or baht bus can take you there [Siam Country Club] very easily.
As far as I know, there is no public transport in that area. Getting there without your own transportation will probably be very expensive.

"The Romance of the three Kingdoms" park is nearby and recommended.
http://www.tourismthailand.org/Attracti ... Park--2715 (http://www.tourismthailand.org/Attraction/Romance-of-the-Three-Kingdoms-Park--2715)

(That was the only business I had in that area, return trip by rented car and driver from South Pattaya for 800 Baht including waiting time while I was in the park with a Thai friend some years ago.)