PDA

View Full Version : Facebook and Twitter

Surfcrest
February 10th, 2016, 00:31
Members,

In anticipation of the new site format, I have created our own Facebook and Twitter pages available here:

https://twitter.com/SawatdeeNetwork/

https://www.facebook.com/SawatdeeNetwork/

Our Twitter page will allow you to follow us and the articles we publish, as well access to the news feeds from the sites we've been supporting.

Our Facebook page will also allow you to view the articles we publish, with the stories and photos behind the article.

Feel free to stop by, "Like" us, "Share" us or start trending us with a # hashtag or something...or just have a look! :-B

There's not much to see there yet...but there will!

Surfcrest

Nirish guy
February 10th, 2016, 17:23
Hmm not quite sure how an anonymous board such as this one is going to work running side by side with Facebook etc as of course should a member "like" a page or the main Facebook site page then at the least his Facebook profile ID ( and even his full Facebook personal profile depending on his settings) would be available for all to see.

Likewise if and when the masses of ordinary people ( and young people ) who regularly surf Facebook randomly reading and searching Facebook pages ever migrate as far as the boards main site and then on to its forum I'm guessing that they're in for one hell of a shock when they see that could typical posts can range from how much it costs to fuck "boys" in Thailand this month to how some board members are lovers of the Grand national and riding Boys like ponies and the like :-) !

Hmm so yes, should be interesting if and when that linkage generates new readers and posters to the forum that's for sure.

Moses
February 10th, 2016, 21:19
Hmm not quite sure how an anonymous board such as this one is going to work running side by side with Facebook etc as of course should a member "like" a page or the main Facebook site page then at the least his Facebook profile ID ( and even his full Facebook personal profile depending on his settings) would be available for all to see.

Likewise if and when the masses of ordinary people ( and young people ) who regularly surf Facebook randomly reading and searching Facebook pages ever migrate as far as the boards main site and then on to its forum I'm guessing that they're in for one hell of a shock when they see that could typical posts can range from how much it costs to fuck "boys" in Thailand this month to how some board members are lovers of the Grand national and riding Boys like ponies and the like :-) !

Hmm so yes, should be interesting if and when that linkage generates new readers and posters to the forum that's for sure.

It will be "smart" integration. Evevryone will have possibility to connect forum's profile with profile at FB. That means - this person can press FB "like" or "share" post and this post will appear in his FB stream. The same with articles: new engine will allow "like" and "share" articles and this articles will appear on person's FB stream.

At the same time this integration will allow to "stream" articles from Forum's site to Forum's page on FB. Articles, but not posts - so nobody will be able to read forum just from FB page.

cdnmatt
February 10th, 2016, 21:26
I think his point was that, most of us have family, friends & work colleagues on Facebook, and we'd prefer they didn't know we regularly post on a forum that is based around flying half way across the world to fuck Thai "boys". I wouldn't be surprised if the "Like" button on this forum doesn't get used much.

Moses
February 10th, 2016, 21:43
I think his point was that, most of us have family, friends & work colleagues on Facebook, and we'd prefer they didn't know we regularly post on a forum that is based around flying half way across the world to fuck Thai "boys". I wouldn't be surprised if the "Like" button on this forum doesn't get used much.

If somebody don't want his family knows something - then my advise is just don't click "FB like button" at forum's posts or to setup permissions at FB who can see your "likes". For sure FB LIKE button will be clearly designated as button of FaceBook.

Surfcrest
February 10th, 2016, 22:39
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/Surfcrest/bees-on-yellow-flowers-6630.jpg

One of the concerns raised when we were discussing the Sale and Future of this site was with the declining membership of the Board. We can either wait for everyone else to find new interests or to die off before closing the site, or we can put some effort into attracting new members. The modern internet works based on traffic, so we have to attract potential members here based on the modern sources that provide the greatest traffic, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter...to attract the bees to this flower.

I hear you and agree with your points NIrish. No doubt, of the new members that have joined this past year or so...many more others who did not join, had a look, were horrified and left. Or some came and got incredibly bored...and left. Some didn't find what they were looking for...and left. But some stayed...

The focus on Facebook, if you look at what I've started so far, is directed more at all of the interests of the gay male traveler or expat coming to Thailand, not the sex. That, and the Twitter are the public faces to the site and the promotional arm for attracting new membership. I could have created a Private Group, in Facebook for us all to be members of and to only share our stuff with ourselves, but that's what we have going already with the Board. You don't have to "Like" anything you see on our Facebook...but if you do, it will be one of the non sexual things we post from Sawatdee Network.

There are limits to what can or cannot be posted to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and we plan in advance to always be well within that. With these services, the comments people make to what is posted are their own...whether there's a Message Board attached to the site as a vehicle for more commenting.

Surfcrest

Surfcrest
February 11th, 2016, 10:02
Twitter

Twitter can be an effective add on to the Sawatdee Network.

As they say: Twitter is your window to the world. Get real-time updates about what matters to you. That's a heck of a lot faster than how we can get the news to you, especially real time news that might really matter to you if you are traveling, there are traffic delays, demonstrations, weather, floods...breaking news that might impact your plans, you might want a quick Twitter update to let you know about things and give you more options for planning around events.

Our feed may be relevant to who we are, but the news is more than likely coming from other sources that you can Tweet or comment on or ask a question of.

Additionally, we might be commenting on things elsewhere on the net that might have people follow us back to the Sawatdee Network...if we have something they are looking for.

Again, all of this is optional for you the member for activity outside this site and for publishing Non-Forum posts / articles on travel or gay travel to Thailand or simply information we and people like us might want to read.

https://twitter.com/SawatdeeNetwork

Surfcrest

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/Surfcrest/twitter.jpg