PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrrr

arsenal
February 7th, 2016, 11:23
My favourite coffee shop at the top of Viewpoint Mountain, Pratamnak is closed until 16 Feb. I suspect that this is because they simply can't deal with the tsunami of Chinese tourists who swamp the place, spit everywhere, make too much noise ,drive other customers away and often don't buy anything.

thaiguest
February 8th, 2016, 16:18
I think they become virtual prisoners of their tour company.
They can't be getting much of an experience being led around to shopping malls and places that are free for all to visit such as Walking Street, Boyztown, Beach Rd etc.
I'd love to know what the guides say about Boyztown though.
Whatever it is it promotes a great urge to take photos of us (the gay geeks?) in the open bars and on the terraces.

pong
February 9th, 2016, 07:39
NO-its quite the reverse-the owners, of coruse also Chinese themselves, are on holiday to the beloved country of their forebearers who started the whole bisnis up and are now among the spitting/pushing trying to get on trains etc mainland crowds.
In this area its also amazing how many bisnis simply close for 3/4/5/ days in the height of the main peak season. They can afford it.

Moses
February 9th, 2016, 13:52
They can't be getting much of an experience being led around to shopping malls and places that are free for all to visit such as Walking Street, Boyztown, Beach Rd etc.
Whatever it is it promotes a great urge to take photos of us (the gay geeks?) in the open bars and on the terraces.

That why I never sitting in Boystown: I don't like to feel myself like a bear in circus for curious tourists.

thaiguest
February 9th, 2016, 18:52

That why I never sitting in Boystown: I don't like to feel myself like a bear in circus for curious tourists.
A smart gay visitor gave me the perfect solution-the minute the snake of chinese appears near your bar take out your phone as if you're recording THEM. The effect is immediate and comic; they all march past on the double because they fear being posted on line visiting a gay area.
There was a famous case last year when a company official was sacked on his return to China because a photo of him posing with an Tiffany ladyboy dancer was posted on someone's facebook.

arsenal
February 9th, 2016, 19:28
Remember the days when the Japanese annoyed you with their cameras, the Americans with theirloudness , the Germans with their getting everywhere before you and the British with their loutish drunken behaviour. Well guess what, the Chinese have all of those.

Manforallseasons
February 9th, 2016, 20:08
I dont mean to dump on the Chinese but look at this video!
https://youtu.be/tUx45I04e7M