PDA

View Full Version : V N Boys. Hard nuts to crack.

thaiguest
February 5th, 2016, 18:30
Found myself in the V. Nam bar on Soi Twilight recently and gathered around me M, Dae and G with the glasses- three of my favourites. I was the only customer until three young falangs arrived and gathered around them the rest of the staff except (unlike me) they bought them no drink.
We caught up on the news partically regarding M's nasty stabbing by a Thai which has left him with surgical scars running from right if his navel into his pubic hair. Cost his family in Vietnam 25000 Thai Baht.
After a few drinks we got around to the possibility of "offing" one of them.

My 1st question: How much for short time?
All answered in unison like choirboys- 2000!
What will you do for me?
Choral answer again: CHAK WOW!
How long is short time?
About 30 minutes because G is mai sabai, Dae's friend has no key to room and M live long long time away.

So I did the maths and shared the results as follows;
My drink bill by now 1500 baht. Off fee for 1 boy 500 baht, off tip 2000 baht. Total 4000 baht.

I proposed paying 1500 to 1 boy.
Choral answer :NOOOO!
I offered 1000 baht to each of 2 boys with off fee discounted to 800 baht. At least with this I'd get a 4 hands treatment. The mamassan said ok but the boys said NOOO! again.

So I wrapped up the evening giving each a 100 baht tip and paying a 1500 drinks bill.

I cannot imagine a Pattaya boy turning down 1000 baht for a 30 minute short time. But these guys did and they had no money.

bobsaigon2
February 5th, 2016, 19:05
Based on my long time residence in Vietnam (and Thailand, and several trips to the Philippines, Laos, etc.), I can state without reservation that neither I nor you nor anyone else will ever acquire the ability to decipher the thought processes of SE Asians. Sixteen years now with my Vietnamese partner and I still don't know WTF goes on in his head sometimes.

goji
February 5th, 2016, 21:18
Assuming you're talking about the open bar far down the RH side.

I dropped in in 2014, lured in by their remarkably sweet appearance. The conversation was mostly via the translation app on his phone (one of the better Samsung models). The scope of it was no kissing, no oral, no sex & I think they were after something like 2000 baht.
So I figured they were happy to live off the basic bar salary & drink commission. Although, perhaps some of the newbie farangs might just be smitten enough to pay 2000 for no service now & then.

christianpfc
February 5th, 2016, 21:28
I have heard such stories before, and those who took a boy reported lackluster sex [citation needed]. I wonder why people still frequent this bar, and how the boys make money. There might be people who are content just chatting with handsome boys (if you can call it chatting considering the language barrier), but I can do this for free elsewhere (but I can't plan place and time). Admitted, when I walk past I spot the one or other I would immediately off if it was in Pattaya, but not here.

One bit of information is missing in your report: the boys go only to a nearby short time hotel, add another 500 Baht. http://llz.blogspot.com/2015/02/surpris ... n-gay.html (http://llz.blogspot.com/2015/02/surprises-and-disappointments-in-gay.html)

You can consider yourself lucky getting an offer of 2000, in 2013 I had my eyes on a boy who was non-offable (or least not for me, maybe for others): http://66.199.190.19/~sgt/forum/viewtop ... =9&t=28857 (http://66.199.190.19/~sgt/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=28857)

We caught up on the news partically regarding M's nasty stabbing by a Thai which has left him with surgical scars running from right if his navel into his pubic hair. Cost his family in Vietnam 25000 Thai Baht.
That means the family sent money for hospital costs? A bit strange, considering the son was sent to Thailand to send money to the family. They must have sold the family jewels/car/mocy.

The other customers had boys around them, but did not buy them drinks? That sound interesting, but I wonder how long the boys stay?

Manforallseasons
February 5th, 2016, 22:32
The Vietnamese guys are spoiled because they are here in Thailand I was at that bar shortly after it opened it was managed by the guy that managed Solid Bar as you know Solid has been closed for sometime. I've been to Saigon and in the backpacker area they literly fall over eachother when they see a forighner on the prawl, they are handsome, friendly most speak English, and do what you want for about the equivalent of 25-30 U.S. They only ask for VN beer about 1dollar and thet don't ask for Heniken, and no off.

thaiguest
February 6th, 2016, 02:08
I have heard such stories before, and those who took a boy reported lackluster sex [citation needed]. I wonder why people still frequent this bar, and how the boys make money. There might be people who are content just chatting with handsome boys (if you can call it chatting considering the language barrier), but I can do this for free elsewhere (but I can't plan place and time). Admitted, when I walk past I spot the one or other I would immediately off if it was in Pattaya, but not here.

One bit of information is missing in your report: the boys go only to a nearby short time hotel, add another 500 Baht. http://llz.blogspot.com/2015/02/surpris ... n-gay.html (http://llz.blogspot.com/2015/02/surprises-and-disappointments-in-gay.html)

You can consider yourself lucky getting an offer of 2000, in 2013 I had my eyes on a boy who was non-offable (or least not for me, maybe for others): http://66.199.190.19/~sgt/forum/viewtop ... =9&t=28857 (http://66.199.190.19/~sgt/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=28857)

That means the family sent money for hospital costs? A bit strange, considering the son was sent to Thailand to send money to the family. They must have sold the family jewels/car/mocy.

The other customers had boys around them, but did not buy them drinks? That sound interesting, but I wonder how long the boys stay?

A short-time hotel fee was not part of my costs as they could return to where I was staying.
I have only the boy M's word on the 25000 Thai Baht paid by his family in Vietnam. I get your point about the family jewels but the injury looked serious to me and as he's a foreigner the hospital would have to be paid by someone. He said the money was arranged through his brother who is known to me also- he's even more handsome than M.
The group with the young farangs seemed to be having as much fun as my drinking boys. (I often notice that young farangs are khee neiow.) These customers were more handsome than I of course but as the V N boys there are straight I don't think this should matter too much.
Basically I can find no rules or patterns with these boys but I love their company so I enjoyed the evening. By the way their english has improved a great deal. I have offed M and his brother before at their price but this time my budget didn't match my desires.
To answer another question- it's the last bar on the right coming from Suriwong entrance. I think it's called Bar1069.

aussie_
February 6th, 2016, 07:54
I have been to both Soi Twiight and Vietnam recently. There are many much better looking guys in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi mostly with zero attitude, some for free or at prices MFAS quoted. In fact I visited Vietnam four times in 2015, the Vietnamese guys are adorable and hotties everywhere you look. Still, it will be interesting to see if anyone can have success with the guys in Soi Twilight. They seem to have provided a challenge for the many who have noticed their good looks and charm.

a447
February 6th, 2016, 09:32
I've spent many a night in that bar, first lured in by all those handsome Vietnamese guys. One of them, Boy, is the cutest guy I've ever laid eyes on. I'd sit with him for hours, night after night, totally smitten. Then his older, very handsome brother turned up and the three of us would sit together every night. Their English was non -existent but I was happy just to sit there and admire them.

Boy at that time was only 17 and so I had no desire to have any "fun" with him but because of his stunningly cute face, I actually toyed with the idea of taking him to Japan to see if I could get a modelling contract for him. He had the face that Japanese girls would go gaga for and he would make an absolute fortune. So would I.

But it didn't take all that long before I worked out what was going on. The manager told me that Boy was not offable, even after he'd turned 18. Basically, he was used as bait to lure in customers. His brother hinted many times that he was available - he would stand behind me and put my hand on his cock, which got hard very quickly. When I finally broached the subject, he told me chuck-wow only. I forget the tip he asked for, but it was ridiculous, so I declined. Besides, his appendage was rather small. He then told me that he was straight and had a girlfriend.

All the guys I met there were straight and weren't really interested in being offed. I noticed that they also weren't really interested in working in the bar, entertaining customers; they preferred their own company and appeared to use the bar as a place to hang -out with each other. Often they totally ignored customers and sat in groups playing video games! Earning money from offs seemed to be the last thing on their minds.

They often recommended I off this friend or that friend, but the tip they requested was over the top and none of them would top of bottom; chuck-wow only.

They also seemed to have an inordinate number of "medical" problems for which they required money. Boy's brother at one stage was apparently required to go to hospital every day for expensive treatment for some ailment - I never found out what it was - and the manager suggested I could perhaps contribute towards the cost. I got other sob stories from the guys about sick relatives back in Vietnam who required expensive medical treatment. It all appeared to be one big con. If they really needed money they'd be selling their arse, not sitting on it.

Needless to say, I now give that bar a wide berth, especially as Boy has now moved to Freshboys. On a trip last year he rushed out into the soi to greet me and he's still as gorgeous -and unavailable -as ever!

My experience with Vietnamese guys in Thailand has been patchy, to say the least. Although some are incredibly handsome and hung like donkeys - take a look at the guys in Hotmale! - their performance has often been disappointing and they seem to have no idea of the going rates for tips.

Perhaps the guys are better back in their home country. If only I could find one there!

Patanawet
February 6th, 2016, 10:33
[quote="Manforallseasons"] I was at that bar shortly after it opened it was managed by the guy that managed Solid Bar as you know Solid has been closed for sometime. /quote]
Are you not confused about bars Manforallseasons? You are referring to Wirat who owned/managed Solid.
He opened a small bier bar outside a now long extinct gogo bar who's name escapes me. He sold drinks at 100 Baht (and still does).
He took some of the Solid boys and some of the furniture with him.
Maybe you are thinking of Scorpion bar next door to Wirat's that is exclusively staffed by Vietnamese boys with exactly the reputation described here.
To my knowledge, Wirat still doesn't have a name for his bar.

Manforallseasons
February 6th, 2016, 10:50
Pantanawet, you are most likely correct.

neddy3
February 6th, 2016, 12:42
Patanawet, you are correct.
The bar run by Wirat is next to Scorpion.
I also believe that it is still nameless.

Was not the now closed go-go bar behind named Future Boys?
And then for a short time, it was Zeus.
I think that the Greek statue may still be in place there.

I have often looked at the boys in Scorpion Bar, and seen cuteness.
But I have never actually go in, and after reading some opinions above, do not think that I will.

corky
February 6th, 2016, 13:42
I'm usually against national stereotyping but after several expensive disappointments with VN guys I no longer bother with them. I have had to work hard for my money and I expect the boys to give a bit more than a disinterested hand job.
Thai, Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar boys are, in my experience, much more willing and eager to please - or maybe they are better actors than the VN guys.
These days, as soon as I know someone is from VN then I move on to someone else.

thaiguest
February 6th, 2016, 16:40
Patanawet, you are correct.
The bar run by Wirat is next to Scorpion.
I also believe that it is still nameless.

Was not the now closed go-go bar behind named Future Boys?
And then for a short time, it was Zeus.
I think that the Greek statue may still be in place there.

I have often looked at the boys in Scorpion Bar, and seen cuteness.
But I have never actually go in, and after reading some opinions above, do not think that I will.

Give it one chance at least.
The boys are cute as hell and good fun. Who knows you might be the one with the magic nut cracker.
I even thought of mounting a Tet Offensive of my own on the bar this lunar weekend.

Mancs
February 6th, 2016, 21:51
Many of the boys working there seem to be from Ha Tinh in Vietnam. The one time I went to Ha Tinh the people were really kind to me. One stopped in a thunderstorm to give me a lift on his motorbike and wouldn't accept any money. I asked another man if I could watch a football game in his living room and he invited me in and gave me a beer. I won't forget their kindness and will always try to give something back to lads from Ha Tinh who are trying to earn a crust in Bangkok. :)

christianpfc
February 6th, 2016, 22:10
...bait to lure in customers...forget the tip he asked for, but it was ridiculous...the tip they requested was over the top...sick relatives back in Vietnam...one big con...

Needless to say, I now give that bar a wide berth, especially as Boy has now moved to Freshboys. On a trip last year he rushed out into the soi to greet me and he's still as gorgeous -and unavailable -as ever!
That means there is an unavailable boy on the stage in Fresh Boys? At least I'm prepared should I ever set foot in that bar.

I prefer dark skin; Vietnamese, Japanese and Chinese boy have a disadvantage in this respect. But most boys in Scorpion bar are cute by my standards, I have not seen such level of cuteness during my recent trip (Jan 2016) to Vietnam (Saigon, Vung Tau, Hanoi), except for touts for street restaurants in Hanoi old quarter.

a447
February 7th, 2016, 07:32
He's not on stage, Christian. He's a waiter.

Mancs, given that the boys seem unwilling to go with customers, I've always wondered what they actually do "to earn a crust."

Jellybean
February 7th, 2016, 11:55
I offтАЩd one of the Vietnamese boys from that bar, sometime in the early part of last year I think. I had a very enjoyable time and he did everything I wanted. I would have happily seen him again. But IтАЩm not very demanding and easily satisfied.

I had a stroll along тАШSoi TwilightтАЩ within a few weeks of my arrival, back in November 2015. The bar-boy approached me and gave me a hug and I bought him and his friend a drink. He asked me to off him, but, at that time, I wasnтАЩt feeling great and told him IтАЩd see him another day. However, I never did. We didnтАЩt get around to discussing his fee, but had he asked for 2,000 baht for a short time, I would have declined and offered what I paid him previously. Had he then refused my offer I would have moved on.

Dodger
February 8th, 2016, 03:51
The first time I met B he told me he rarely goes off. "Rarely" to me meant he was expensive...and expensive he was....what a doll!!!

G (boy with glasses) is a str8 layback similar to Boy...but seems to enjoy exploring a bit more when he's mau. He returned to VN to get married before the new years, but now back on the scene from what I understand.

I have no experience with VN boys, other than the str8 chuk wao boys at Scorpion, and will hold judgement about VN boys in general until after I've been with a gay one.

Soi Twilight was dead the last time I visited at the end of December and all the cuties at Scorpion were gone, so I ended up with one of the massage boys on Soi Tarntawan. He was gay - did the wild thing...but didn't hold a candle to B or G with his clothes off.

loke
February 8th, 2016, 16:12
They don't have to go with customers for sex , they must be earning something in that bar to make a living, so thats why they demand high prices . Besides all of them are straight , it is probably a big turn off to have sex with someone who are 40-50 years older . "Chuck Wow" is probably all you can expect .

No thanks , I stick with my GR app if I want sex.

Mancs
February 10th, 2016, 06:47
Well the boys who work at Scorpion must be getting a commission on the boy drinks (?) and, very reasonably, expect a tip for keeping farang company. A modest goal per night might be two 100 baht tips and 5 boy drinks at 20 baht each. With some free beers arriving that sure beats some minimum wage jobs in Thailand. The occasional (one a week?) j/o or whatever at 2,000 baht in a short time room at the BBB Inn round the corner would add some gravy to that basic income of around 8,000 baht a month. Some of the VN lads that hang round there work at nearby go go bars. They also seem happy to be bought a drink and with a 100 baht tip, if it arrives, though that doesn't make them employees of the bar. I once gave every boy at that bar 100 baht tip, which cost me 800 baht. Had I kept at it I might have attracted every VN lad in the area. I had assumed all the lads at the bar worked there but I know know that it isn't the case. I was there on Monday night and spent 600 baht on 5 beers (2 for me, 3 for them) and 500 baht on tips amongst them. Better value than the go go bars at, say, 450 baht for one drink.

a447
February 10th, 2016, 07:21
In the early days when I was smitten with Boy and his brother I opened the purse strings and was very generous with tips for them. If I wanted them to stay sitting with me I knew I had to keep plying them with drinks. We soon worked out that it was better for the guys if I gave them a tip at the end, rather than buy them orange juice all night ; there's only so many they can drink. So after a few hours sitting with me I'd tip them 400-500 baht each. I even bought Boy a pair of shoes.

When you consider the basic wage is 300 baht per day, then I guess they would have been very happy with the tips I gave them, especially as they didn't have to really do much - how hard is it to sit there and smile?

I occasionally bought drinks and tipped their friends working in the bar. I imagine most guys would have picked up a few hundred baht every night -enough to survive.

Every time I went there I'd see more and more guys hanging around. I didn't know some of them were working at the gogo bars.

So come to think of it, some of those Vietnamese guys were probably earning more than some of the guys standing on the stage at Dreamboys who weren't being bought drinks by customers.

dab69
February 12th, 2016, 06:49
Couple cuties from BBB Inn have recently moved on. Figured "T" and "M-mouse" went back to VN but maybe they just went around the corner to "work" in a bar.
Pan said he would email me when they returned but I figure they will not return.

goji
February 13th, 2016, 17:10
A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

It doesn't matter how cute the Vietnamese boys are, once I visited and realised they were not available on reasonable terms, it was time to move on.
There are plenty of other places with fairly cute people who are available.

firecat69
February 13th, 2016, 21:50
+1

christianpfc
February 14th, 2016, 14:01
+1 If I want to merely look at cute boys, I watch porn at home, for free!

The occasional (one a week?) j/o or whatever at 2,000 baht in a short time room at the BBB Inn round the corner would add some gravy to that basic income of around 8,000 baht a month.

I was there on Monday night and spent 600 baht on 5 beers (2 for me, 3 for them) and 500 baht on tips amongst them. Better value than the go go bars at, say, 450 baht for one drink.
But they have to do visa runs, which consumes a significant part of their income.

I can't see any value for money for that!

Another mystery (the first is how they make any reasonable money) is why are the cutest boys (by my standards) from the massages and Scorpion bar often in the snooker/pool/billiard hall in the ground floor of X-Size bar? I rarely see Farang in there, a boy who plays snooker there makes no money for himself or for the place that employs him.

Did they have their customer already and now squander the money? A friend suggested all boys there are foreign, they cannot work in a bar but can play snooker (no problem if police raids the soi, but they are available if a customer approaches them). However I would not approach a boy there, it's not my style. (Similar for Sunee, some cute boys playing snooker shirtless.)

thaiguest
February 15th, 2016, 10:20
Couple cuties from BBB Inn have recently moved on. Figured "T" and "M-mouse" went back to VN but maybe they just went around the corner to "work" in a bar.
Pan said he would email me when they returned but I figure they will not return.

Yes all the VN boys ("massage" boys) have left the BB Inn.

Last time this happened was shortly after the coup when the cleaning out of the BB Inn became a priority issue for the top brass. Thereafter they could tackle less pressing issues like the rice subsidy scandal, the war over the border temple, the southern insurgency and so on.

But perhaps the BBInn management has something to do with their departure too.
They had a crazy fee policy which required a guest to pay something like 1500 baht for a massage without ever confirming that this figure covered the boys' fee. The staff at the desk would unofficially tip you off that the way around this was to "off" the boy for a lesser fee and then bring him to your room as a "guest" rather than an in-house massage boy.
This set-up ment that the massage staff got very little work.

roguebear
February 16th, 2016, 11:11
Maybe they went home for Tet, Vietnamese New Year.

dab69
March 11th, 2016, 03:50
I see BBB page now "M" has returned. He really looked VN. Maybe a good sign. Has been gone for a few months- wasn't expecting a return. He looks like fun.

neddy3
March 11th, 2016, 07:24
There was a cute boy 'dancing' go-go in Hotmale during February. Probably still there.

Quite cute, nicely built, cocky, very aware of who is watching him.
I found him desirable, but thought that he was too full of himself, and would not be a good off, at least for me.

One night he came over and sat with me (uninvited), as he knew he had caught my eye.
We had a chat, he seemed friendly.
But he said that he was Vietnamese.
Unfairly or not, I mentally added that to my other reservations, and decided definitely not.