View Full Version : Another Sunee Bar Closes

Manforallseasons
February 2nd, 2016, 19:58
Jasmine Bar Fini...

frequentfliers
February 2nd, 2016, 21:35
its always sad to see this happen.My thoughts are with the staff.Sunee is going through a really tough time and impossible to see where it will end..Some will say this has happened before but I dont remember it to be so severe.Hope it improves.

colmx
February 3rd, 2016, 00:55
Jasmine Bar Fini...
Never even heard of it!
So think their marketing was pretty poor!

Manforallseasons
February 3rd, 2016, 01:22
Here[attachment=0:1eqtjdpz]image.jpeg[/attachment:1eqtjdpz]

thaiguest
February 3rd, 2016, 03:53
When a bar like this closes it's the end of a process; probably the patient was already dead and on life support aka farang money until it ran out or the doner got real.
Maybe bad publicity or bad management were factors but most lightly low foot-fall on the soi is the background cause.
Hopefully Sunnee will settle down to a sustainable size before it disappears altogether.
I hope MFAL's likes Sunnee more than he want's to be proven precient.
Sometimes he strikes me as a guy with power over self-fulfilling prophesies.
Please don't abandon us MAN!

christianpfc
February 3rd, 2016, 10:44
Sorry to hear this. I stayed at the guesthouse above the bar several times. Good luck to the owner and staff!

(Jasmine was next to TingTong - former Gurke - diagonally opposite the entrance to Marina pool.)

francois
February 3rd, 2016, 11:42
Jasmine Bar Fini...
Never even heard of it!
So think their marketing was pretty poor!?\

Haven't you ever gone slumming in Sunee Plaza in Pattaya? Hard to miss Jasmine.

latintopxxx
February 3rd, 2016, 22:49
If I can say this in the most positive way I'm not surprised as they tried to compete in a very crowded market. What sells is Pattaya and especially in sunee is sleaze which is why eros will be the last place to close down. If I want a drink I have a dozen options in sunee, if I want some hands on sleaze there is very little apart from eros and good boys...and the latter is no longer what it used to be.

Moses
February 4th, 2016, 01:20
I think the las one will be ComeIn... :)

colmx
February 4th, 2016, 01:53
I have been to Sunee a lot (its located around 2 hours drive from the nearest slum) but have no idea where Jasmine is/was?
Was it in the east (dark) St or the western most St?

rtu55
February 4th, 2016, 05:48
I stayed one month in Yensabai condo in March and April last year overlooking Sunne plaza and Jasmin bar. Never during that month, neither from my balcony or from walking past the bar strolling around Sunee, did I ever see a customer in thar bar. Not once. Not one. In fact the two staff boys there had barking dogs in the bar at most times in the evenings, so even if I had wanted to have a drink in an empty bar I would have chosen another beer bar because aggressive dogs are not a good way to get customers.
In my stay in Pattaya in November and December things had changed. Now Jasmin bar had cute shirtless boys in the bar, and I and many other customers enjoyed the bar. So it surprises me that they have closed because it looked like they were attracting customers. So maybe the reasons for the closure are something else.

Oliver
February 4th, 2016, 09:38
Has Queens' Bar closed? no sign of life last night.

Manforallseasons
February 4th, 2016, 11:48
Has Queens' Bar closed? no sign of life last night.

2 nights ago while on a rare visit to Sunee (these days) they were also closed but sign on the door read closed for painting?

francois
February 4th, 2016, 11:53
I have been to Sunee a lot (its located around 2 hours drive from the nearest slum) but have no idea where Jasmine is/was?
Was it in the east (dark) St or the western most St?

Same soi as Ouds and Ting Tong Red. Between those two bars. There were some cute boyz without shirts for awhile but that seemed to changed recently.

a447
February 4th, 2016, 14:09
It wouldn't surprise me if Queens Bar has closed. Last month when I was hobbling around Sunee, I didn't see any customers there at all.

egel
February 4th, 2016, 14:52
Queens Bar closed for painting. Now that sounds like refurbishment AKA ....closed permanently. Same same Happy bar.

Nirish guy
February 4th, 2016, 16:16
Oh well, I'm sure they'll all open up again once high season comes around.......oh, no, wait a minute....... :-(

newalaan2
February 4th, 2016, 17:10
Hard to miss Jasmine.
Always knew it was there, but it's one of the few I never visited in all my years. Likewise all the bars/terraces from Ouds up to All of Me have always had the problem of nothing to look out at. The wall around the pool area and a few motorcycles is about all there is. When enjoying a relaxing drink, if you are not engaged with a waiter, then you need something of interest to create a bit of atmosphere, it's difficult to people-watch with no people. At least with the bars further up the soi past All of Me and around Double Shot there are bars opposite with plenty of traffic, boys working at the bars and interacting with eachother. Obviously there is occasional foot traffic on the drag from Ouds to All Of Me but really you are just staring out at the pool bar wall. Ouds just gets away with it as he is near the end of the soi, across from Apollo and next to Forest Bar where boys often congregate. Also Oud himself and the staff there are entertaining enough to hold your interest.

When Apollo went though a period of not being open every night that whole side of the soi across from Jasmine and the other bars was quite dark. That was the problem also with Montys Bar in the soi opposite Colonial Bar, he and subsequent owners found a bar on that site could never really take off as there is just nothing of interest to take in around it.

When a bar like this closes it's the end of a process; probably the patient was already dead and on life support aka farang money until it ran out or the doner got real. Maybe bad publicity or bad management were factors but most lightly low foot-fall on the soi is the background cause.
I think it's just down to location. Even when (I think it was called) Memories was there it had a loyal clientele, lots of publicity and was always talked about on Oogleman's board where the members often held parties etc.. but many times I used to pass it and there would be no customers in the bar. Passing trade like me just continued passing it on their way to the bars with a more interesting outlook further up the soi.

But's that's just my impression as an occasional visitor.

loke
February 8th, 2016, 15:39
All of me is the only bar that does some decent customer service and promotions . The best ones survive.

Manforallseasons
February 8th, 2016, 15:50
All of me is the only bar that does some decent customer service and promotions . The best ones survive.

Seems to me that after the barmy army leaves their is not much left to serve or promote on any given evening.

thaiguest
February 8th, 2016, 16:04

Seems to me that after the barmy army leaves their is not much left to serve or promote on any given evening.

The Barmy Army is around a long time. I thought they'd have laid up their colours by now but there's life in the old dogs yet.
I think anyone taking up space in a bar is better than nobody.
All of Me is for some but not for me; too many staff arriving with handbags.
However long may it continue to serve those who like handbaggers.
The farang owner is a real nice guy also.

Uranus
July 5th, 2016, 00:25
At what time do Sunee bars close?

francois
July 5th, 2016, 02:02
1 am

a447
July 5th, 2016, 08:47
Some close earlier if there aren't any customers.

gerefan2
July 5th, 2016, 19:19
And some close ( a lot) later if they have customers.