PDA

View Full Version : Tawan Bar

June 30th, 2006, 16:22
Previously I had raved about this bar (a thumbs up from me I count as a rave). But having visited again the Tawan Bar In Bangkok for the first time in three months, I have to say how dissapointing it now is. The boys are lethargic, the entire bar is in need of a good renovation or a decent lick of paint, the show was painfully amateurish with the boys not knowing what to do or trying their damndest to avoid any bodily contact with each other and worst of all was the smell. We were sat several feet from the toilets and it stank, we moved and that didn't make things any better, the only thing we could do (as we wanted to see the show) was light up our ciggies constantly and waft them under our nose. I can now blame Tawan for my chain smoking.

Desperately dissapointing.

June 30th, 2006, 17:46
I'd rather smell stale piss than your cigarette smoke.

June 30th, 2006, 18:16
Try to sit among the other farang customers, their body smell will surely beat the toilet smell.

wowpow
June 30th, 2006, 19:52
- and at the whim of the Police and Politicians

Fatman's Blog 26th February 2006

"Tawan Club (Gogo/Showbar) - Off Suriwong Road, down the soi nearest Tarntawan Place Hotel. Possibly the coldest air con of any place I have been in and very refreshing for that. It also has the most muscular, steroid enhanced, pumped up guys you will see in any gogo. They seem less interested in attracting the attention of punters and more in flexing their pecs and delts and quads (or whatever the terms are) in the mirror in front of the stage and showing off their newly popped pill induced bulges to their co workers. They are also perhaps the most overdressed of the gogo boys in any bar (that is until i went to D'x Club below and My Way above), with posing briefs covered by black shorts. The boys will come and say hello but if you are not interested they will thank you and move on and the waiter/mamasans are not overly pushy. The fact that on my 2nd and 3rd visit the waiter immediately remembered what drink I ordered previously was a pleasant surprise and made one feel welcome. The first show I saw had lady-boy song and dance, katooey routine and muscle boys in posing pouches plus fireating. the later show I saw had the 'erotic' soap show, body rubbing and more posing but no nudity. Further shows I saw later in the week were entertaining, especially a mini epic which had the boys in historical costume and had themes of love, rejection & separation and included thai boxing, murder, sword fighting and suicide - It wouldn't win any Tony's but was huge fun and made me smile throughout. I suppose since the ITV programme they are careful about any shows containing nudity and are trying to make the venue and the shows more entertaining than outright sexy. Whatever the reason, they seem to have a full or almost full house each time I go and it is one of my favourite bars for entertaining shows and a hassle free environment from the boys and mamasans. Drinks 200 baht a shot."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/Tawan/Trophy.jpg
Khun Mayking smiles as Papa TeePee hands him the winners trophy

I was at Tawan on June 27th and 29th and unaware of the aroma toilette despite sitting close by - maybe they splashed out on a flush? There did seem to be a shortage of their superstars by late evening when I arrived. I did bump into Khun Meyking at The Pinnacle - he was just arriving back after shopping for huge bagsful of Protein drinks and muscle building pills and supplements that a grateful client had paid for. I agree that the katoey show with two spots for 'amusing katoeys with blackened out teeth' can be tiring if you bother to watch. The shows do vary in quality as if a lead boy gets offef there has to be an understudy etc etc etc all down the line. On both nights it was worth watching for Khun Lex's snake dancing during the candle show or the paint show ( a new idea the boys squirt each other with sprays of fluorescent lime green or orange paint ). The good news is that currently the briefs are rarely bigger than posing pouches, the shows are currently very explicit plus the bar was open until 1 a.m. unlike the Duangthaweee Plaza whaich all closed at midnight. The bad news is that they are charging bt240 a drink on weekdays - ouch!

July 2nd, 2006, 15:49
... I was at Tawan on June 27th and 29th and unaware of the aroma toilette despite sitting close by - maybe they splashed out on a flush? ... The shows do vary in quality as if a lead boy gets offef there has to be an understudy etc etc etc all down the line...

Perhaps it was just that I caught a one off really bad show, or the understudies were pushed into performing or that it was the last show of the night, all I can say is that it was very dissapointing having told my friend how much I had previously enjoyed this bar and it's shows.

orson
July 3rd, 2006, 20:50
... I was at Tawan on June 27th and 29th and unaware of the aroma toilette despite sitting close by - maybe they splashed out on a flush? ... The shows do vary in quality as if a lead boy gets offef there has to be an understudy etc etc etc all down the line...

Perhaps it was just that I caught a one off really bad show, or the understudies were pushed into performing or that it was the last show of the night, all I can say is that it was very dissapointing having told my friend how much I had previously enjoyed this bar and it's shows.

no you weren't wrong. i was there almost everyday during this off time. i think it is because of the police thing that happened last thursday that got the superstars spooked. the friday event was a tad better, with some of the bigger guys in attendance, but still a far cry from the good all days. and not one f**k show during this vacation.

July 6th, 2006, 06:26
What was the police thing that happened last week?

July 6th, 2006, 07:36
What was the police thing that happened last week?The truncheon show

Have you considered, Fatman, that your palate might be getting jaded by a constant diet of go-go bars?

July 6th, 2006, 14:32
What was the police thing that happened last week?The truncheon show

Have you considered, Fatman, that your palate might be getting jaded by a constant diet of go-go bars?

Whilst it is hard to avoid the gogo scene, it's not impossible and my 'diet' is not limited to such things. I think I have a healthy balanced mix of gogo, beer bar, karaoke and traditional Thai/Isan music venues. I think over the last four weeks I have been to gogo bars 11 times, 7 of which were to see shows with my num friend and a further 2 visits to go and take off the friend of my num friend to go to Karaoke (still leaves a couple of visits for a looksee at the gorgeous guys of Thailand).

You may, however, have a point. I do tend to go and see less shows than I did when I first came to Thailand and five of these last seven showbar visits were over three nights during my short stay in Bangkok. 'Jaded', maybe, but I still think I can telll the difference between a good show and a poor one. For me, Dreamboys and X-Boys were good shows whilst I was in Bangkok, Future Boys was a rip off and Tawan was just a damn dissapointing show. In Pattaya the two shows I have seen recently were at Dynamite, which looked like the same show I saw six months ago (although I won't swear to this) and the show at Wild West Bar, which is still entertaining even though it too is a little repetitive in nature.

wowpow
July 6th, 2006, 19:03
"In Pattaya the two shows I have seen recently were at Dynamite, which looked like the same show I saw six months ago (although I won't swear to this) " quote Fatman

Please tell us about the two shows which were Dynamite Who, What, Where, When & How. I know thast it's human nature to compain more than praise but please try.

"...and the show at Wild West Bar, which is still entertaining even though it too is a little repetitive in nature." quote Fatman.
Does this mean that the show is good but does not change the acts frequently or that they are just repetitons of similar shows elsewhere?

I am pretty sure that there is no country on Earth which offers so many little shows, with attractive guys doing stuff often quite explicit, for US5 ┬г3 which includes a drink as well!!
It's a little churlish to be too critical or expect too much. As one delighful American said to me in Throb bar a few years ago " Radio City Music Hall it is not but so much fun for so little money!"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/Tawan/TawanCompetition.jpg

Tawan Boys in Big Boy Show at WX-Men earlier this year

July 7th, 2006, 11:04
... I am pretty sure that there is no country on Earth which offers so many little shows, with attractive guys doing stuff often quite explicit, for US5 ┬г3 which includes a drink as well!! It's a little churlish to be too critical or expect too much...

I take your point entirely TeePee and feel suitably ashamed. I do recommend, if you like cabaret or sex shows or whatever, people go and see what is on offer, don't feel at all put off going anywhere just because I or anyone else here says that somewhere is not up to par (applies to hotels, bars, cabaret shows, restaurants etc). It's always best for you to figure these things out for yourself. However, I do think this board helps others in providing a selection of views about what can be expected when going to such venues.

July 7th, 2006, 11:44
with my num friendI keep seeing people use this phrase. What is a "num friend"? A "numb friend"? "A friend who wears a number when I'm not around"? Some expression that means "casual fuck buddy"?

July 7th, 2006, 11:53
Num (low tone, short vowel) is the Thai word for "young man". หนุ่ม

July 7th, 2006, 12:27
Num (low tone, short vowel) is the Thai word for "young man". หนุ่มPretentious foreigners

July 8th, 2006, 05:14
I was in BKK last week, and went with the BF to Dream Boys. The show was very tame (no sex show or nudity), then all the bars closed at midnight (per police order per the Mamassan.) Has this been happening alot lately? On the other Hand, DJs seemed to be staying open until about 2:30 each night.

July 8th, 2006, 11:29
I was in BKK last week, and went with the BF to Dream Boys. The show was very tame (no sex show or nudity), then all the bars closed at midnight (per police order per the Mamassan.) Has this been happening alot lately? On the other Hand, DJs seemed to be staying open until about 2:30 each night.

Whilst in Bangkok, the only show which had sex was in Future Boys and this was the worst of all the shows. There was a little nudity in X-Boys when they had the big cock show (underwear on) with a few boys popping out of their briefs, but for me a sex show does not qualify a venue for being any good or for having a 'good' show. Dreamboys did not have any nudity nor sex but was till the best show with X-Boys a close second.

On my first night in Bangkok I believe the bars in soi twilight did close around midnight, we had ventured off to Tawan bar by this stage in an area of town which seems to avoid most of the police action or so it seems. On my second night I was present outside Dick's cafe when two police arrived on a motorcyke to inform the bar owners/doormen that there would be no raid that night and that they could go on with whatever show they wanted and stay open later.

Am I wrong (probably) but are bars in Bangkok ordered to have boys off stage by midnight? And on the nights when police are present and the boys have departed the stage by midnight, there is very little reason to stay open as customers don't want a bar where there are no boys on show and so the bars close early.

It does seem (from my previous two trips to Bangkok) that these police patrols are an ever present thing.

bucknaway
July 8th, 2006, 12:36
I want to see some stage sex! I don't come to Thailand to smell the flowers. I don't care if they have sights to see. Nice deals when whopping? I say BIG DEAL! I want to see attractive guys on stage having wet, nasty, practiced sex as I sit in my chair... sipping my drink with an uncaring look on my face....

If you take the sex out of the bars then what do you have? You have the USA.... I can stay home and go to bars to see guys dance and move for tips... But for true demonstrations of male on male "LIVE" penetration, you can't beat Thailand.

That is why I come... Not the only reason but a very big reason.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/paulindelaware/iconsex-doggystyle.gif

July 8th, 2006, 12:49
I want to see some stage sex! I don't come to Thailand to smell the flowers. I don't care if they have sights to see. Nice deals when whopping? I say BIG DEAL! I want to see attractive guys on stage having wet, nasty, practiced sex as I sit in my chair... sipping my drink with an uncaring look on my face....

If you take the sex out of the bars then what do you have? You have the USA.... I can stay home and go to bars to see guys dance and move for tips... But for true demonstrations of male on male "LIVE" penetration, you can't beat Thailand.

That is why I come... Not the only reason but a very big reason.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/paulindelaware/iconsex-doggystyle.gif

I can't deny that I have seen a few sex shows but each time I have found them to be not in the least bit erotic or sexy. Yes I amazed at the athletic ability and the first time sat with open jawed amazement as the acrobatics took place before my very eyes. But wouldn't you rather see something that titilates and is erotic - a damn good dance show, with boys in sexy outfits or tiny briefs who look as though they are there to entertain is a damn site more erotic than the usual bored expression on the faces of the sex show workers. Then again, I don't see anything wrong in the 'big cock show' or the occassional chakwow show - I'm so confused!

bucknaway
July 8th, 2006, 13:00
wouldn't you rather see something that titilates and is erotic - a damn good dance show, with boys in sexy outfits or tiny briefs who look as though they are there to entertain

Would that be before or after the sex show??? I guess they can do that after the sex show to give the penetration engineers time to rest-up and recharge...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/paulindelaware/angelsad.gif

July 9th, 2006, 13:08
penetration engineers. :sex:

I doubt if any can compute the 'stress' of a 'load.' Ask a PE, 'what's a slide rule,' and he might say, "Use rots'a rube!" (Lots of lube)...or flash you.