PDA

View Full Version : Why Use The "Hide Function"?

Manforallseasons
January 27th, 2016, 21:05
I can't understand why anyone would use this option when you can view most anything if you don't sign in?

arsenal
January 27th, 2016, 21:17
This could be fun. I'll play.

I can't understand why anyone would book a hotel room right in the middle of all the bars and clubs and then complain about the noise.

Manforallseasons
January 28th, 2016, 21:35
:ymparty: Perhaps the guy "hidden" now knows why?

Surfcrest
January 29th, 2016, 02:50
I'm not sure what you are trying to explain here.

Your first post in this thread...."I can't understand why anyone would use this option when...."

And

"Perhaps the guy "hidden" now knows why?"

Were both posted from the same IP address.

Surfcrest

paperboy
January 29th, 2016, 05:53
hahahahahahh
so surfcrest are you saying manforallseasons + arsenal = ass hole

Surfcrest
January 29th, 2016, 06:04
I believe everyone has the ability to hide their online status and several of our esteemed members do frequently.
From your User Control Panel you should find your Board Preferences tab and simply click, "HIde My Online status".

The only thing that is a little goofy with phpBB are the permission controls and so rather than figure them out, Bob created the word "anonymous" to describe the basic permissions for anyone logged in as a guest. For some reason the phpBB doesn't like the word "Guest", but allows us to describe our guests as anonymous. When I got rid of Anonymous, we lost the ability to view the Forums as a "Guest" or as "Annonymous" until I recreated that user name. I'm just not sure how anyone could assume the identity of anonymous for the purpose of any Board action.

Whatever the case, it is a temporary glitch that I will be able to resolve. The anonymous user does not have any special powers other than to disguise their "member" activities as "anonymous". I am working on other things right now in order to fix some of the bigger things and so, I'll get around to swatting his fly soon enough.

Surfcrest

Manforallseasons
January 29th, 2016, 15:26
I believe everyone has the ability to hide their online status and several of our esteemed members do frequently
Surfcrest

Interesting, but how would you know they were "esteemed members" if in fact they were hidden?

Surfcrest
January 30th, 2016, 04:12
Interesting, but how would you know they were "esteemed members" if in fact they were hidden?
Because they are not hidden from me. Their User Names appear in the "Members Online" list in Italic...which separates them from the other members not hidden and not in Italics.
Additionally, the front end of the site see's through that and can even tell me a great deal of information about our guests, their IP Address, their actual location, entrance and exit links, what browser they are using, what type of equipment they are using, whether they've changed their shorts this morning...or not.

Surfcrest

Smiles
January 30th, 2016, 07:29
Talking about 'hidden' . . . my little signature photo has disappeared, leaving the script but not the image. [see below, this post]
The image still lives in the correct field in my Control Panel [Signature], but only as a .JPG address.

My little image was there in all it's glory yesterday. I minor thing for sure.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

An hour after posting above, the image has re-appeared. Thank you very much B-) #:-s

oldfarang
February 2nd, 2016, 05:16
It is amazing what some people care about, hidden or not who cares, well only the person who choose the hide online status is his/hers profile.
As always (for me a few months) the first forum page always shows 1 hidden member and x guests and x members.

I just checked if any frequent fliers here would be hidden and the only one that is missing in the online members list is "Smiles", the dear old guy.
Just check everyday the members online list and see who is not in there, but posted and you know who uses the hidden option.

:)) =)) :ymparty:

francois
February 2nd, 2016, 11:18
My little image was there in all it's glory yesterday. I minor thing for sure.

Bravo Smiles, most men would not post their little image in all its glory.