PDA

View Full Version : Posted As A PM To My In Box By User name Anonymous

Manforallseasons
January 25th, 2016, 01:21
I'm not sure when the right not to be offended was added to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Perhaps you can enlighten everyone on this. More pertinently, the character Sir Thomas More in the play A Man for All Seasons has this to say about statements of conscience: "What matters is not that it's true but that I believe it; or no, not that I believe it but that I believe it". Surely as his namesake you should be extending the same courtesy to the loony German.
Random avatar
Anonymous
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

The "Posting Freak" is hardly anonymous! As this is related of course anonymously after making the statement I would stay anonymous forever. :-?

Surfcrest
January 25th, 2016, 01:52
We only have ONE member here who joined on December 17, 2008 and he's only made 340 posts and is not anonymous. I've read this post several times and can't make out what it is you are trying to say. If someone has sent you a PM that you want to discuss at large here, you'll have to let us in on what that discussion is really about.

Surfcrest

Manforallseasons
January 25th, 2016, 02:06
Surfcast it is you this time that is clueless!

For "anonymous" here is a Sir Thomas quote that is oh so better for you to ponder.

Extreme justice is an extreme injury: for we ought not to approve of those terrible laws that make the smallest offences capital, nor of that opinion of the Stoics that makes all crimes equal; as if there were no difference to be made between the killing a man and the taking his purse, between which, if we examine things impartially, there is no likeness nor proportion.
тАФ Utopia, Bk 1. (1516)

scottish-guy
January 25th, 2016, 06:39
Instead of chasing each other round the bed at exaggerated speed - like a Benny Hill sketch - why dont you both say what you mean.

It's clear as day to me that the PM is by Kommie as I have received similarly styled PMs in the past.

:ymparty:

arsenal
January 25th, 2016, 07:53
Not so long ago I would have gone for Scotty with a rusty claymore and demanded he furnish proof before accusing one of our most revered members of such underhand and deceitful behaviour. However since Kommie revealed the true extent of his slimy malice with his post about.... Well I'm in no doubt he's capable of this.

Manforallseasons
January 25th, 2016, 12:49
Scotty it must be Kommie as I received this message before from "Anonymous!

Re: Bangkok report
Sent: Tue 7 Jul, 2015 3:23 pm
To: Manforallseasons

Subject: Bangkok report

Manforallseasons wrote:
a447 nice report but could you try to be a bit more graphic.

I hope the handle "Anonymous " is deleted and as not to give him satisfaction the whole thread is deleted.

Surfcrest
January 25th, 2016, 13:55
Surfcast it is you this time that is clueless!

Now that I know a tiny bit more about what this actually is, you are most certainly correct.

Scotty it must be Kommie as I received this message before from "Anonymous!

I hope the handle "Anonymous " is deleted and as not to give him satisfaction the whole thread is deleted.
There is no member name "Anonymous" in our ranks. There are a few levels of authority in the phpBB software that some members have with their user profiles that can increase or decrease their privileges. For example some members can log in and hide the fact that they are logged in, where other members don't have that. I suspect he is either able to log in through another profile he is using, under a similar cloaking as I just described which lists him as anonymous. If you forward me the recent PM, that would make it much easier to trace the activity to the source by the time stamp. Up to you!

Surfcrest

GWMinUS
January 27th, 2016, 08:55
What a juicy Thread.
Please keep us posted as to the evidence and the verdict...

arsenal
January 27th, 2016, 09:21
Yes Indeed.

Manforallseasons
January 27th, 2016, 17:54
What a juicy Thread.
Please keep us posted as to the evidence and the verdict...

The evidence has been past on to the proper authority as to a verdict I don't know, however I suspect the verdict has been made and the sentence may have already been executed.

arsenal
January 27th, 2016, 21:12
My investigation has revealed that you are correct MFAS. Not a minute too soon methinks.

Manforallseasons
January 27th, 2016, 22:26
My investigation has revealed that you are correct MFAS. Not a minute too soon methinks.

Dr. Watson I presume?

kittyboy
January 31st, 2016, 01:26
What the Fxck is this thread about? If sounds like school yard drama. I thought one had to be over a certain age to join this board.

thaiguest
January 31st, 2016, 03:44
What the Fxck is this thread about? If sounds like school yard drama. I thought one had to be over a certain age to join this board.

This post is about MFAS.

He is vague yet concrete, a romantic with feet of clay; a man for all seasons who cares as little of our remarks as the the noble Oak cares about the pig rubbing against its bark.
(Borrowed from the German).

arsenal
January 31st, 2016, 07:43
Kittyboy: If the ball of wool we're playing with here is not to your liking then by all means get your own. I think you'll find childish banter is rather common here. :((

Jellybean
January 31st, 2016, 08:12
Ah . . . now I see. Thanks for the hint arsenal. I had checked earlier and the member in question was still тАШliveтАЩ, now I see that measures have been taken. It will be interesting to see if he re-emerges in a different guise, or if he had anticipated the chop and is already amongst us under a different character.

Manforallseasons
January 31st, 2016, 13:15
Ah . . . now I see. Thanks for the hint arsenal. I had checked earlier and the member in question was still тАШliveтАЩ, now I see that measures have been taken. It will be interesting to see if he re-emerges in a different guise, or if he had anticipated the chop and is already amongst us under a different character.

Most assuredly!

arsenal
January 31st, 2016, 19:03
Agree with MFAS. Undoubtedly. Still, it will be fun when he creeps out of the undergrowth and starts posting.

Manforallseasons
February 1st, 2016, 00:54
[quote="arsenal"]Agree with MFAS. Undoubtedly. Still, it will be fun when he creeps out of the undergrowth and starts posting.

francois
February 1st, 2016, 10:41
This entire thread must qualify as the weirdest and most incomprehensible as anything ever posted on Sawatdee.
But, it seems, there are those out there who are "in the know". :p

Surfcrest
February 1st, 2016, 16:12
[attachment=0:3n1xez07]60721105.jpg[/attachment:3n1xez07]

I'm with him! L-)

kittyboy
February 2nd, 2016, 04:56
Kittyboy: If the ball of wool we're playing with here is not to your liking then by all means get your own. I think you'll find childish banter is rather common here. :((

Ah..OK..I am still trying to figure out what this thread is about.

arsenal
February 2nd, 2016, 07:12
Francois and Kittyboy.
My apologies but it seems that MFAS, Surfcrest and myself have been enjoying a little knockabout tomfoolery 8-} that no one else understands. In brief, it involves Kommie :ymdevil: (now banned, I think) and something he did with regards to sending MFAS an anonymous pm. Something I understand he has done before. This comes on top of other numerous transgressions he has committed in the past inculding posing a genuine threat to the very existence of this board. That was, in my opinion a virtual suicide attack which is why MFAS and I both agree that he's already here under another handle.

I, as the self appointed gatekeeper will be extra vigilant.

PeterUK
February 2nd, 2016, 09:04
No doubt those opposed to kommentariat have good reasons for being so. All I can say is that he passed my 'instant click' test - if I saw his name attached to a thread I would instantly click on it to see what he had to say. Often informative, often entertaining and, yes, sometimes irritating. Some contributors here are only irritating!

arsenal
February 2nd, 2016, 09:18
To a certain extent I agree with you Peter. But he had to go for the reasons I have stated.

francois
February 2nd, 2016, 11:13
arsenal, I understand reasons he had to go. Early on had expressed my concerns to Surf about his certain dubious posts he made.

Tobi
February 2nd, 2016, 15:38
Kommie :ymdevil: (now banned, I think)

By the pricking of my thumbs... sawatdee-network-update-t36424.html#p312940 (http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/sawatdee-network-update-t36424.html#p312940)

Smiles
February 3rd, 2016, 08:39
' ... Ah..OK..I am still trying to figure out what this thread is about ... '
I'm with you Kitty. I've read this thread about 37 times now ans still can't make heads or tails of what the fuck it's all about either. And that's including the oddly-worded Topic Name.
38th ... comin' up.

This I do know at least; it's obvious fodder for an 'Everything Else Forum' bowel movement.