PDA

View Full Version : Yensabai Condos

June 30th, 2006, 15:18
some good points - some bad points

I stayed here for a week earlier this month and would stay again only if I was staying longer.

I arrived mid afternoon and called into the Pattaya rent a room office to pick up the key [I could have gone straight to the Condo's reception where the main key was waiting for me but I didn't know this at the time}. I was shown to the room by one of the farangs from pattaya rent a room and he explained how to operate the air-con etc.

The room - good size with ample storage - plenty of lights - the room can be brightly lit or turned right down to suit your mood. Microwave - 2 hotplates and a toaster but no kettle [good job I always travel with one]. Shower was adequate - would have preferred it slightly hotter with more power. Only 2 spare electrical sockets - all the others were being used by the tv etc and hidden by the units - no accessible sockets near the bed - for MP3 player, mobile phone etc ok not a major problem but an inconvenience.

Only 2 towels and these weren't changed whilst I was there although the blurred does say they are changed once a week - I just went to BigC and got some cheap towels.

ID Checks

A note at reception states that all visitors will have to leave their ID cards and will only be returned to the leaving visitor once security has checked you are ok. Neither of my two guests where asked for their IDs and I wasn't with them when they arrived - this could be because they are both over 30 and don't look like money boys. I did see other farangs take their guests back to reception to get their ID cards so there is a system of sorts in place.

Un-wanted callers.

Mid afternoon whilst entertaining I rec'd a call from reception saying that I had a 'boy' caller at reception who wanted to speak to me. I went down to reception and the 'boy' who I had not seen before started telling me about his bf in America and how he needed money etc and would go to my room for 'fun' for 300 bht - basically told him to go away. He tried it again a day later. This 'boy' hangs around the security guard at the gate or around reception - he's called Naan / Naam or similar and works from the nearby go go bar - same soi as pattaya rent a room office. After seeing him there didn't have any further calls from him - looks as if he is in league with reception and security.

Ideal if you want to spend most of your time in this location, not too difficult to get to central pattaya or the beach but you have to walk to the main street - 5-10 minute stroll or a motocycle taxi.

As I said at the start I would stay here again but only if I was staying at least 2 weeks.

Brian

cuteboy
June 30th, 2006, 18:47
An important thing to note about Yensabai is that Rent-aroom rent condos on behalf of owners. In general no two condos are the same and the data you give applies only to the condo you rented. If you wish to rent there a good option is to check on what they have before you choose.
The boy who called at your room was probably looking for someone he thought was there, presumably the owner, or an earlier long-term renter. This type of thing is very unlikely to happen!
You are right about security. Varies in quality.
But a big plus for a condo there is that it is so near Sunnee Plaza and also one of the two very close to Boystown, and on a monthly basis you will generally get a much better room at a cheaper price than an hotel.

June 30th, 2006, 18:59
I HAVE TO SAY THAT I HAVE STAYED IN YANSABAI ABOUT THIRTY TIMES OVER THE YEARS. THE ROOMS I HAVE HAD ARE ALWAYS CLEAN AND GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE TIME I AM THERE. THE PRICES DO CHANGE ON THE TYPE OF ROOM BUT YOU DO GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR,RECEPTION CAN BE A LITTLE SLOW AND ITS GOOD TO HAVE SOMONE WHO SPEAKS THAI ON HAND.
THE ONLY THING I FIND A LITTLE OFF PUTTING IS THAT THE ROOMS ARE ONLY CLEANED ONCE A WEEK. IT CAN GET A LTTLE GRUBBY BUT SLIP ONE OF THE MAIDS A TIP AND YOU WILL GET IT CLEANED. THE LAUNDRY'S ACROSS THE ROAD ARE CHEAP AND IDEL WHEN IT COMES TO GOING HOME NO WASHING (BLISS).

June 30th, 2006, 19:26
Although I agree with your comment about not all the rooms being the same the basic layout is the same but I think most of the plus points above would would relate to most of the rooms.

As regards the 'boy' he didn't give me the impression that he was looking for the previous tenant either of my room or any other room within the condo - he was looking for money.

Brian

June 30th, 2006, 19:37
I had looked into staying there on my next visit, and was wondering if there was a "snack shop" outside by the pool, and how there room telephone system worked, I want to use it for my laptop. It seems like a decent value, and is near just about everything.

Hmmm
June 30th, 2006, 19:56
From memory outside calls go via reception at expensive rates (10 baht/minute ?) and may also get cut off after 20 minutes. Not unusual for Thai condos and hotels. So forget about the laptop unless the condo owner has installed a direct line.
They renovated the pool area a few years back, removing almost all the available shade and replacing it with a fridge and annoying attendent. His job was to police the 'pool pass' system that was introduced. So make sure that the condo comes with a pass. Last time I was there both he and the fridge had disappeared, as no one was bothering to buy anything. Still it's a nice pool.

lonelywombat
June 30th, 2006, 20:09
I HAVE TO SAY THAT I HAVE STAYED IN YANSABAI ABOUT THIRTY TIMES OVER THE YEARS. THE ROOMS I HAVE HAD ARE ALWAYS CLEAN AND GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE TIME I AM THERE. THE PRICES DO CHANGE ON THE TYPE OF ROOM BUT YOU DO GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR,RECEPTION CAN BE A LITTLE SLOW AND ITS GOOD TO HAVE SOMONE WHO SPEAKS THAI ON HAND.
THE ONLY THING I FIND A LITTLE OFF PUTTING IS THAT THE ROOMS ARE ONLY CLEANED ONCE A WEEK. IT CAN GET A LTTLE GRUBBY BUT SLIP ONE OF THE MAIDS A TIP AND YOU WILL GET IT CLEANED. THE LAUNDRY'S ACROSS THE ROAD ARE CHEAP AND IDEL WHEN IT COMES TO GOING HOME NO WASHING (BLISS).

There is a big difference between owning in Yensabai and those who are trying to live cheaply, for less than say Cafe Royale or Ambience. Maybe you should stay at Howards or Montys where you get daily room service and they are used to your
quality needs.

Those who own in Yensabai ,arrange for room service and laundry at their own expense live very well and at a high standard. They are not fully serviced apartments and you get what you pay for. If it gets grubby after a week is that the responsibility of the owner or tenant

July 17th, 2006, 21:37
Yes I know of a few who live there and it is a nice place, but there is nothing wrong with maintaining high standards.I have stayed in both the hotels you mentioned and the royal cliff and a few more. I hope you did not think that I was not paying for the laundry or the cleaning it is included in the price but I arrange my own which is my priviledge. I think when one pays 850 bht per night for a room in should be better than one of lower rent that stands to reason.Anyone who is staying for a short visit would be better staying at a mid priced hotel with no restrictions.I respect your views as a resident,owner or tenant but the guest that rent short time will only return if the property offers a clean and safe enviroment.

bao-bao
July 17th, 2006, 23:28
That was a thorough review, thanks. For those of us who don't know - can someone give an idea of whereabouts this is, how easy it is to get to/from and a general idea of rates? I can reference the location on maps on line. Thank you!

July 18th, 2006, 00:58
Ok, here is a link to the property.

http://www.pattayarentaroom.com/rent-index.htm

Maybe someone could tell us about very nearby restaurants.

lonelywombat
July 18th, 2006, 04:46
. I think when one pays 850 bht per night for a room in should be better than one of lower rent that stands to reason.Anyone who is staying for a short visit would be better staying at a mid priced hotel with no restrictions.I respect your views as a resident,owner or tenant but the guest that rent short time will only return if the property offers a clean and safe enviroment.

850 baht a night is quite high. I assume it was a one bedroom even a two bedroom at that price

I am interested to know if you were quoted a monthly rate. Most of the studios are under 10,000pm and the one bedrooms between 15,000 and 20,000.

The boy that knocked on your door is a common experience, and a lot less pleasant than the russian ladies that live on the 12th floor.

July 18th, 2006, 05:59
I also rented via Pattaya Rent a Room last year from January thru March.
They would not do ANY reductions from their stated price (750per day) as they did not consider 3 months "Long term"!
I argued to no avail!!
Would however recommend them, and Yensabi, any time
AVOID anything to do with Fair Properties, who have some rooms available in Yensabi...totally unreliable.
Gerefan

lonelywombat
July 18th, 2006, 08:32
I also rented via Pattaya Rent a Room last year from January thru March.
They would not do ANY reductions from their stated price (750per day) as they did not consider 3 months "Long term"!
I argued to no avail!!
Would however recommend them, and Yensabi, any time
AVOID anything to do with Fair Properties, who have some rooms available in Yensabi...totally unreliable.
Gerefan

For those who are arriving at short notice this might be a good url to keep
http://www.pattayarentaroom.com/special-offers.shtml
you will note the special rate 499pn for odd dates.

five years ago I had a lot of problems with this agency, hopefully they are all sorted out.

an alternative is to go to Yensabai Condos direct

http://www.yensabaipattaya.com/sales.html#condorent

cut and paste from their website

Condos for Rent

All Rental Studio Condos are 39 square meters and have the following standard equipment:

* TV - Refrigerator тАУ Air Conditioning тАУ Furniture
* Wardrobe тАУ Hot Water Bath or Shower

Those with further amenities and equipment are priced accordingly.

Monthly Rentals range from 8,500 THB to 13,500 THB per month plus

Utilities Water, Electric, and Cable TV separate.

UncleSam
July 18th, 2006, 10:44
In the immortal words of Bette Davis: What a dump !

July 20th, 2006, 21:04
. I think when one pays 850 bht per night for a room in should be better than one of lower rent that stands to reason.Anyone who is staying for a short visit would be better staying at a mid priced hotel with no restrictions.I respect your views as a resident,owner or tenant but the guest that rent short time will only return if the property offers a clean and safe enviroment.

850 baht a night is quite high. I assume it was a one bedroom even a two bedroom at that price

I am interested to know if you were quoted a monthly rate. Most of the studios are under 10,000pm and the one bedrooms between 15,000 and 20,000.

The boy that knocked on your door is a common experience, and a lot less pleasant than the russian ladies that live on the 12th floor.

The lowest I have ever paid has been 16,000 bht to include all electric and water charges that was with pattaya rent a room. it was a studio apartment but very good t.v (that's television not a transvestite) and for 27 days. I thought that was a bargain but was obviousley wrong.

July 20th, 2006, 21:04

The lowest I have ever paid has been 16,000 bht to include all electric and water charges that was with pattaya rent a room. it was a studio apartment but very good t.v (that's television not a transvestite) and for 27 days. I thought that was a bargain but was obviousley wrong.