PDA

View Full Version : That other Board thing by Bruce

Nirish guy
January 14th, 2016, 16:10
Its been brought to my attention that my profile name has been added ( as well as just about anyone elses profile name thats ever posted on any other board from what I can now see after checking - ripping off profile names MUCH Bruce ?!!) as having appeared in some kind vote of "who's posts do you like best" or some shit like that, ( yet another poll it seems as of course there's no one posting jack shit there and it seems most people want to know fuck all about you and your Bitcoin board Bruce from what I can see) - anyway let me make it CRYSTAL clear - I have never joined, nor posted a single post to Bruce's board / attempt at hijacking this and other boards and nor will I EVER.

Of course now it's left to others to decide if the above is accurate or not, but I'm telling this from the horses mouth and you can take that for what it is I assure you. That the poll seems to relate to just about anyone who posts on other boards and not even his own ( how desperate is THAT Bruce) and I note that Bruce has now actually taken to trying to literally pay people to post ( in bit coin of course....I'm guessing you you need a bitcoin wallet for that Bruce, any suggestions per chance ?!) - good luck but I want no part of it.

So Bruce - leave me out of your shenanigans please, to be clear I want nothing to do with you or your (dead in the water) board as like it or lump it your (online) reputation does precede itself and after reading plenty unfortunately I feel there IS more than enough info there on which I can make that decision. You may say you're a lovely guy and whiter than white and that everything said and posted about you online elsewhere is ALLLLL lies and mistakes, but I'm sorry I don't buy your BS, so I hope that clarifies my position on the matter.

So, don't fuck about using or adding my profile name to you board again "please" - I thought your board was "meant" to be above such nonsense - obviously NOT.

arsenal
January 14th, 2016, 20:23
I'm a little confused. Have those people named in the poll joined or not?

scottish-guy
January 14th, 2016, 21:05
To try to get a clear picture I tried to cross reference the "best poster nominees" with the member list:

Out of the "best poster" nominees it seems that only David (who?), NIrish, and Vinapu are not listed as members of GST

cdnmatt
January 14th, 2016, 21:45
Oh look, and he's even giving away money. I bet you have to sign up for AirBitz to claim the prize, lol.

christianpfc
January 14th, 2016, 23:41
It was actually my suggestion to Bruce to add you (Nirish guy) and Alex/Alexx (who posts on gaythailand and gaybuttonthai) to the poll. Sorry if that offended you.

Nirish guy
January 15th, 2016, 00:28
You or anyone else can suggest all they want Christian, but Bruce, as that boards owner implemented your request whilst knowing fully that I'm neither a member of that board and nor have I ever posted there and accordingly it's the I linkage by association I object to, THAT was my point not any offence at your suggesting it.

It would perhaps it be better I would have thought if the "members?" there (if there actually are any) maybe find other/better things to talk about rather wasting their time talking about judging and voting on the members of other boards as the last board where that was tried that run for long either if I recall correctly, hell it's not like your board owner hasn't provided everyone ? with numerous exciting topics to discuss - or not it seems.

Smiles
January 15th, 2016, 07:55
Yes ... desperate measures for desperate people.
He's now promoting $100 for Best Post (whatever that means), ie -- paying for members to post. And of course, the never ending Bitcoin promotion.

The dregs of the long-lost Bitch Board have raised their ugly heads in the member list: my 'real' name (Dave) has popped up there as well as my old man's name (Suphot). 'Smirks' is there as well ... the Bitch's favourite attempt at humour in my (Smiles) honour.
Can Bruce get any lower? Yes, I'm certain he can.

arsenal
January 15th, 2016, 08:03
Bruce: You should remove any names of those who haven't joined your board. NIrish, Scotish-guy, Manforallseasons etc etc. These are recognisable brand names and as such are owned by the people who created them. If you're using their brand to promote your product you are guilty of fraud.

Tobi
January 15th, 2016, 14:19
...you are guilty of fraud.

I doubt Bruce cares about that. =))

69Manly
January 15th, 2016, 19:54
@ arsenal. These are recognisable brand names and as such are owned

Game of football anyone. ? :D

arsenal
January 15th, 2016, 21:22
69Manly: Fair point but a few things to remember. The word arsenal is in the dictionary, I'm not claiming it as my own although the persona who posts on this board certainly does belong to me and any impersonation would be fraud. 10 seconds after the football club tells me they're unhappy I would change it. I've never seen any of the names I mentioned anywhere else and I have no doubt those handles are the intellectual property of those three esteemed and beloved gentlemen. And they are, in every sense of the word a brand.

So if Bruce is using NIrish name/brand to promote his new venture without NIrishs' permission and then at some point in the future some financial gain comes into play then Bruce is going to be in a whole lot of shit.

This is of course apart from the fact that it's a really wanky thing to do.

Manforallseasons
January 15th, 2016, 21:33
Arsenal, I wouldn't give it too much thought as that cheesecake is sinking fast.

lego
January 15th, 2016, 22:01
What's wrong with you guys? Do you think you've trademarked your handle just because you've been using it on one or several forums? Who's to say that I cannot sign up using "your" handle on another forum? Sue me.

Much ado about nothing.

arsenal
January 15th, 2016, 22:06
MFAS: Indeed it is and that's no great surprise. The market has two big players and that's enough for any Thailand loving rent boy screwing gaydar trawling boy bar oogling loving offing rice queen.

69Manly
January 15th, 2016, 23:20
@ arsenal

Don't take it so seriously,it was just a bit of wry humour.
BTW you never heard of the oscar winning movie Man For All Seasons ?

Surfcrest
January 16th, 2016, 00:09
He's now promoting $100 for Best Post (whatever that means), ie -- paying for members to post. And of course, the never ending Bitcoin promotion.

Well, one of the big problems with this idea is that to win "money" you need to either meet up face to face or the money has to be sent to you somehow...with whatever information about you comes with that. Whether this prize money comes in baht, US dollars or bitcoins...this is where it becomes an issue. I don't see the need in an anonymous community for members to have to meet or exchange money. We're here to exchange ideas and thoughts, not cash and personal information. I would rather this site was not part of that and that the members here are also not involved with that, especially against their wishes.

Surfcrest

a447
January 16th, 2016, 07:05
enough for any Thailand loving rent boy screwing gaydar trawling boy bar oogling loving offing rice queen.

I just recognised one of those guys!

arsenal
January 16th, 2016, 07:54
69Manly: You haven't been here very long. I can tell you that virtually no one takes anything seriously on this board, we just pretend to. This is a soap opera. Have fun. ;)

Tobi
January 16th, 2016, 15:19
Its been brought to my attention that my profile name has been added...

"No problem. He's not qualified to win unless he creates an account here and begins posting here. And nobody has voted for him anyway as of yet." =))

http://gaysexthailand.com/forum/viewtop ... p=204#p204 (http://gaysexthailand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=204#p204)

Nirish guy
January 16th, 2016, 19:45
Hmmmm so, it's seems the situation is that it's all good as even if the ( nonexistent) members of that board vote ( fir posts I have never made there) it's all fine as I'm not actually entitled to win any money anyway, from a board I'm a member of, nor ever want to be.

Now Smiles on the other hand ah well he's a different kettle of fish as he isn't listed or eligible to vote for either, but that's just becauses he's not a member there ( just like I'm not !) - so I"m glad that cleared THAT all up , didn't it !?

So, I look forward to Bruce now doing what he should have done in the first place which was either to have simply not added my profile name to his board at all in the first place or now that it's been established I'm not a member there remove same forthwith - as hey if Smiles isn't a member and so can't be included then the same rule should of course apply to me ( and all the other members names listed there who it seems aren't members either but have been added to bolster numbers and make it look like we're all participating ( when obviously most are not).

Or is this to be removed going to be like one of his ACTUAL members requests to leave his board and have him profile name removed , where on asking for sane to happen the member seems to have been told NO ABD no basically "they could sort out their own mess" ( fir apparently joining in good faith and then deciding to leave again. And God forbid if that member PMs any other members saying "hey this is s bit not on" as all and any posts that the board owner might find unacceptable or that are saying anything about him should be sent to him for review so he can take action ( about a PM !!??) PR control MUCH there Bruce ??

And as for your "this will be a nice positive board with only positive contributions etc" I see it didn't take you long to have a go at the collective members of the other boards out there who you were mud slinging at and calling bitchy lild queens and what not, yep very positive and constructive there. Letting your mask slip just a tad there me thinks Brucie boy.

scottish-guy
January 17th, 2016, 01:42
Fame at last!

I note that I'm in a 4 way tie for the lead !!

Now, if I just vote for myself - as the other 3 almost certainly have - I might romp home !!!

=))

Smiles
January 19th, 2016, 07:55
Brucie is pulling a Gaybutton: i.e. starting 95% of the topics, and then replying to each and every post. IMO, that's the very opposite of the best boards where the Admin/Moderator keeps a low profile and does not insert himself into all conversations. Even worse ... Herr Bitcoin's posts are as mundane and dull as a handful of Sahara sand. (" ... Are you a top or a bottom? Discuss ... "). Oh dear.

As usual Bruce doesn't get it, on just about every level possible.

lego
January 20th, 2016, 00:51
Brucie is pulling a Gaybutton: i.e. starting 95% of the topics, and then replying to each and every post.
Not only that, sometimes he even rephrases an earlier post he has made on the same subject. But cut him some slack, he doesn't have many members (yet?). Gaybutton's membership would be doing quite well with him posting less, however. He just cannot help himself. When the late Rush of Bangkokbois fame called him a blogger masquerading as a board owner, he nailed it.

goji
January 20th, 2016, 02:39
There are 2 rational responses to any board:
1 Enjoy reading it and participating
2 If you don't like it, ignore it.

One of common the irrational responses is slagging it off one board on another board. Well, I suppose if that is the best way to use your time.......?

Tobi
January 20th, 2016, 02:46
One of the common responses is slagging off...

... a thread you obviously haven't read.

The issue, if you read the original post, is that the BitDongBubba has started adding profile names of members of this board to his board, without asking permission first.

goji
January 20th, 2016, 05:17
One of the common responses is slagging off...

... a thread you obviously haven't read.

The issue, if you read the original post, is that the BitDongBubba has started adding profile names of members of this board to his board, without asking permission first.

My assessment is based on comments in the whole thread, not just the opening post.

Nirish guy
January 20th, 2016, 05:23
And after being asked by one of his own few members who had innocently asked my profile name to be added for it now to be removed he simply ignored that request with a bullshit reply. Then carrying on talking about people on his "users list" who haven't "actually" posted yet so he didn't need too remove etc (which is not surprising considering they / I am not a member ! ).

I could go on........but put simply if he's any respect for his own board he'll remove my profile name and the other posters profile names that he KNOWS full well aren't members there and stop trying to use other peoples profile names to bolster his own lack of members of his own board to make it look like there are more people that want anything to do with him than there apparently are, as to do anything other than that would is being nothing but fraudulent both to his existing few members and to other internet users who may come across his board randomly in the future .......but hey I'm guessing fraudulent isn't something Bruce gives a flying fuck about anyway in the bigger scheme of things if whats plastered all over the internet about him is to be believed - and Bruce if you think thats harsh, just remember I certainly didn't go to your board and start fucking around so you could perhaps do us all the same courtesy here perhaps and stop trying to imply membership of your board where it doesn't exist theres a good chap.

Oh and considering Bruce considers himself some sort of IT wizard or some such shit I am assuming of course that he reads this board daily as normal using his VPN's etc hence no I don't think it is irrational to post here - as the whole point is that I won't be posting anything to HIS board - even if he DOES feel the need to pay people to post on his board, in Bitcoin of course......

Nirish guy
April 25th, 2016, 00:47
It appears that our old friend Bruce has had enough of trying his hand to undermine this board for his own (god knows WHAT) ends as his boards domain name has now been allowed to expire and so it appears his attempt at creating a shiny new board ( again undoubtedly for this own ends no doubt somewhere in the future) has now ended.

Good Riddance Bruce, you and all your Bitcoin bullshit won't be missed and I'm guessing that at least there'll be a few members here now who will still retain money in their wallets in the future, which is something I wouldn't have bet on had you been successful in continuing to promote your suggestions as to where they should deposit their Bitcoin perhaps.

fountainhall
April 25th, 2016, 11:52
Having missed this thread earlier, for some considerable time I was totally mystified as to what it was about. And I can still not find anything on the other Board about a poll of posters. In fact GBs site has a post on 21 Jan saying that the poll thread was being removed because there had been no posting on it for more than a year.
http://gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7622

May I suggest that whenever any poster refers to something either on this or another Board - or anywhere else for that matter - a link is provided. It can save a helluva lot of time for others.

francois
April 25th, 2016, 17:20
The board referenced was owned by BruceNYC; nothing to do with Gaybuttonthai.

fountainhall
April 25th, 2016, 19:02
Thanks for the clarification. Apologies to GB, but another reason, I think, why a link always helps. Does that Board still exist?

francois
April 25th, 2016, 19:26
Not according to NIrishguy per his post.

Nirish guy
April 26th, 2016, 01:00
May I suggest that whenever any poster refers to something either on this or another Board - or anywhere else for that matter - a link is provided. It can save a helluva lot of time for others.

May I suggest that before commenting on a thread the poster actually read the thread perhaps as a link to that other board was provided by Tobi in his post. I intentionally didn't add any link before that as the last thing I wanted to do was direct people towards that site in any way. Accordingly then I would have found it difficult to provide a link to the site now also as the site is dead and gone and the domain is up for sale by the domain company - hence the reason for my last post where I stated this fairly clearly - or so I'd thought anyway, apparently not it seems.

However and for the avoidance of any doubt, here you go.....

http://gaysexthailand.com

fountainhall
April 26th, 2016, 09:22
Commenting on something - but "the last thing [you] wanted to do was direct people towards that site in any way" . . .? So why comment in the first place and achieve precisely the opposite goal? Hmmm!

Nirish guy
April 26th, 2016, 15:38
Well it it seems both commenting on it and the provision on a link still wasn't enough for those that wanted to to find it so it appears that was a sound enough decision it seems.

Likewise commenting on it so that others who were maybe not aware of the board owners identity or past online form I felt was a good idea too to enable others to make an educated decision as to if they wanted to be involved with that board and or take any advice from the owner as to where they should and could deposit any of their money ( in Bitcoin).

Personally I thought that alone was worth the risk of discussing a board I didn't provide any links too and if the situation arose again I and I'd like to think others here would all do the same for each other perhaps.

cdnmatt
April 26th, 2016, 16:12
*Bitcoin geek checking in* :)

For one, whatever the fuck Bruce was trying for by pitching AirBitz is obviously bullshit. Just Google him, and it's obvious he's up to no good.

Having said that, nothing to fear with Bitcoin in and of itself. Just don't leave your money sitting with a web wallet or 3rd party. There's absolutely no reason that, when you can just as easily keep the funds in your own possession.

Nirish guy
April 26th, 2016, 16:28
Yeah I think the fact that one only needs to google the those two words alone, just "Bruce Bitcoin" for a ton of (negative) search results to come back says it all really. Way to go there Bruce in having your name so readily linked to all of those sites and articles about you - and he wonders how people found out and were discussing his identity - oh no wait, I forgot, that would all of his enemies just who posted that, yep, all of them, from all those different places, over several years and complete with Court writs and all sorts. ha, yeah SURE Bruce, just whatever you say :-)

oldfarang
April 27th, 2016, 03:10
Was it a (shorttime) dating site, never got to see it.
If it was well 10 years to late got enough of that shit with GR and all others.

Gaybutton
April 27th, 2016, 05:25
Was it a (shorttime) dating site

No. It was an attempt to create another board similar to this one, Gay Thailand, and mine.

Some may remember another short lived board - "Pattaya Passions". Nearly everything on that board was pink. That board seemed to be going fairly well for awhile. Then the owner started soliciting donations to help defray the cost of running the board. I don't know how much he got, but the board suddenly, without any kind of warning whatsoever, disappeared over night. Of course, the owner never posted an explanation on any other board. Three guesses whether anyone who had donated ever got any of their money back.

My eyebrows always raise whenever I see a board owner soliciting donations to 'help defray the cost'. Some of those boards even accept paid advertising.

Meanwhile it costs me less than US $100 per year - total - to run my board. If it costs other board owners substantially more than than it costs me to run their boards, I'd like to know why. What are they spending so much money on? Whenever I see those donation requests, my money stays in my wallet.

My suggestion to those board owners - if you can't afford to run a board, then don't run a board.

Steve1903
April 28th, 2016, 04:46
Somebody like to explain the attraction of Bitcoins to people, other than those on a get rich quick scam?

christianpfc
April 28th, 2016, 12:52
The attraction of bitcoin is that it cannot be influenced by any government, whereas for all common currencies, the central bank can just print notes (leading to inflation and loss of worth of your savings). As such, bitcoin has my support.

I came up with this simplified history of money (correct me if you know better):

For thousands of years, a coin was worth the amount of metal (usually gold, silver, copper) is was made of.

Then governments started printing money with the promise to exchange it for a certain amount of gold any time.

The convertibility of USD to gold (1 ounce of gold = 35 USD) was abandoned in 1971, from then on, banknotes were just printed paper.

And with the next step, either bitcoin or abolishment of cash (plans by many European government to control money flow), you have nothing, not even a piece of printed paper. (Technically, you have some electrons in memory chip.)

goji
April 29th, 2016, 05:28
Christian has summarised the currency situation rather well.
Although I am sceptical about Bitcoin.
Of course, the governments that abolished the link of currencies to gold have run up loads of debt in the last 40 years or so.
Abolishing cash to allows the imposition of negative interest rates, stoking up some inflation & devaluing their own debts may well be on government agendas.
For anyone who expects to be around for a decade or much more, figuring all this out is time well spent.
The way to deal with another forum you don't like is to ignore it. Move on. Be constructuve.

christianpfc
April 29th, 2016, 14:04
Addendum to my above post: while the replacement of gold coins by paper notes with the promise to exchange them for gold has some benefit (less weight, loss of paper due to wear and tear can easily be replaced unlike gold - which is a soft metal and has to be alloyed to allow use in coins - but you have to trust your central bank and your government to keep the promise!), everything after that is just to control, monitor and manipulate every citizen and to devalue their savings.

Just look at where the gold price is now, from 1 ounce of gold = 35 USD in 1971!

fountainhall
April 29th, 2016, 14:22
Just look at where the gold price is now, from 1 ounce of gold = 35 USD in 1971!
I'm not sure that is a valid argument. Adjusted for inflation, the gold price in 1971 was around US$230. The world then went through two massive oil price hikes which resulted in gold spiralling upwards. By January 1980 it had reached approx. $2,080 (also inflation adjusted) only for it then to go into a 20-year slump ending in 2001 at $353 in 2001. Then it started on another multi-year rise to $1,840 at the start of 2012. It is now hovering around $1,100 - $1,200.

So, as with all investments gold being a better investment depends on when you buy and when you sell. If you can hold it for many years, you should be better off than with currency. But even with all the uncertainty in the world today, gold is not performing as the pundits expected. Gold is still a risky investment.

francois
April 29th, 2016, 18:29

Well, not quite accurate. Yes, the US government set the price at $35 but gold not readily available except for jewelry and old (numismatic) gold coins which sold for much more than $35. About mid 70s the price of gold was de-regulated and could be bought for about $200/oz.
Actually bought gold coins at that time at $190/oz and thought I made a killing by selling at $230!! A few years later it hit about $800 .

Truth is you can't even sell a 1 oz gold coin for $25! Check out this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndshbH3qZ6Y

lonelywombat
May 2nd, 2016, 20:01
http://www.theage.com.au/technology/innovation/australian-craig-steven-wright-reveals-himself-as-bitcoins-mysterious-mastermind-satoshi-nakamoto-20160502-goke5e.html
Australian tech entrepreneur Craig Wright on Monday told the BBC he was the creator of controversial digital currency Bitcoin, ending years of speculation about a person who until now has gone by the name of Satoshi Nakamoto.The BBC said Wright gave technical proof supporting his claim to using Bitcoins known to be owned by Bitcoin's creator. It said prominent members of the Bitcoin community had also confirmed Wright's claim and said Wright repeated the claim to The Economist and GQ.
"I was the main part of it, but other people helped me," the BBC quoted Wright as saying.

http://www.theage.com.au/content/dam/images/g/l/l/3/b/y/image.related.articleLeadNarrow.300x0.goke5e.png/1462179297094.jpg
The scene outside Craig Steven Wright's Sydney home in December 2015 after a police raid. Photo: John McDuling

The Economist however said it was not entirely convinced.
Advertisement
"Our conclusion is that Mr Wright could well be Mr Nakamoto, but that important questions remain," it said. "Indeed, it may never be possible to establish beyond reasonable doubt who really created bitcoin."
Despite its use initially being restricted to tech insiders, Bitcoin has steadily gained popularity, with mainstream banks (http://www.smh.com.au/business/banking-and-finance/commonwealth-bank-says-blockchain-may-transform-trade-finance-share-trading-20151210-glk996.html) and the Australian Stock Exchange (http://www.smh.com.au/business/banking-and-finance/asx-considers-blockchain-for-clearing-and-settlement-20151024-gkhs46.html) considering adopting its "blockchain" public ledger model for managing transactions.
Wright directs at least two companies, Hotwire and Panopticrypt, and was previously a shareholder and director in various others.
He was listed as chief executive on the website of a Bitcoin-related company, DeMorgan, which described him as a digital forensic expert and trainer with the Australian Federal Police who "leads DeMorgan through inventing new technologies".
The Sydney businessman, who lives in Gordon on Sydney's upper north shore, last year became the latest in a line of men alleged to be the creator of Bitcoin, a currency that has attracted the interest of banks, speculators, criminals and regulators.
Wired magazine (http://www.wired.com/2015/12/bitcoins-creator-satoshi-nakamoto-is-probably-this-unknown-australian-genius/), which along with fellow US publication Gizmodo (http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2015/12/this-australian-says-he-and-his-dead-friend-invented-bitcoin/) published a story outing Wright based on a stash of leaked documents and emails, called him a genius.
The cases (http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2015/12/heres-all-the-evidence-that-craig-wright-invented-bitcoin/) showed leaked emails, documents and web archives of blog posts authored by Wright which referenced Bitcoin and Nakamoto, including before the e-currency was launched. A liquidation report (http://www.demorgan.com.au/assets/150511_demorgan_54mausindustryrebate.pdf) revealed Wright's company, Hotwire, was backed by $30 million in capital, "injected via bitcoins".
In December, Wright's Sydney home and office were raided by the Australian Federal Police (http://www.smh.com.au/business/bitcoin-founder-could-definitely-be-australian-20151209-gljc73.html) after the media reports linking him to Nakamoto were published.
Police at the time referred all inquiries about the raids to the Australian Tax Office, which said it could not comment on "any individual's or entity's tax affairs" due to legal confidentiality.
The treatment of bitcoins for tax purposes in Australia has been the subject of considerable debate. The ATO ruled in December 2014 that cryptocurrency should be considered an asset, rather than a currency, for capital gains tax purposes.
Unlike traditional currency, bitcoins are not distributed by a central bank or backed by physical assets like gold, but are "mined" by users who use computers to calculate increasingly complex algorithmic formulas.
Bitcoin experts say that unmasking Satoshi Nakamoto would be significant for the industry. Not only would the proven founder likely hold some sway over the future of the bitcoin protocol, but Nakamoto may also hold enough bitcoin to influence its price.
As an early miner of bitcoins, Nakamoto is sitting on about 1 million bitcoins, worth more than $400 million at present exchange rates, according to bitcoin expert Sergio Demian Lerner.
Reuters and smh.com.au

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/technology/innovation/australian-craig-steven-wright-reveals-himself-as-bitcoins-mysterious-mastermind-satoshi-nakamoto-20160502-goke5e.html#ixzz47VFeT5J0
Follow us: @theage on Twitter (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bRrpOkwwyr34jFadbiUt4I&u=theage) | theageAustralia on Facebook (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bRrpOkwwyr34jFadbiUt4I&u=theageAustralia)

lego
May 2nd, 2016, 21:51
Wait a sec, Satoshi Nakamoto isn't Bruce?