PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance Work

Surfcrest
January 7th, 2016, 12:52
Members,

I'll be doing some work on the software over the coming weeks to try and resolve some of our long standing issues. I don't anticipate any outages or interruptions through the process, but you may notice some temporary differences to the way the pages load while I am working on different areas of concern.

You may also have noticed I moved the Sunday Funnies back into the Shop, as well the Thailand Resources Forum that I wish to enhance with better information and specific Trip Reports.

I am aware of most things that need to get fixed, but if you notice one that you think I've missed...please let me know!

Surfcrest

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/Surfcrest/repair_man.jpg

a447
January 7th, 2016, 13:09
Please just make sure that the site doesn't appear blacked - out and virtually unreadable.

Surfcrest
January 7th, 2016, 13:41
When I update the Board's phpBB software, that should resolve that problem as your phone platform probably didn't exist when the software was updated last.

Surfcrest

Nirish guy
January 7th, 2016, 15:19
@A447 - you know the simple "fix" for that is just to log in again as yourself on your phone don't you and then it will revert to the usual white screen etc. If you use an iPhone your phone should automatically remember and fill your password etc into the log in boxes so it's just a matter of clicking "log in" again which them "reminds" the site of your personal log in preferences.

It is a pain in the Arse for sure but once I realised the above it became "slightly" less so, but as SC says perhaps the update will rectify that, but if not that's all you need to do as a personal quick fix each time if it persists.

Hope that helps.

a447
January 7th, 2016, 17:25
I get the proper screen only if I log in. But sometimes I just want to have a quick look at the board without logging in. So I can live with the problem but I'd rather do without it.

I thought it was just a problem with my iPad which has been playing up a bit. When I was at Suvarnaphumi airport I tried to log into their free WiFi, but when I clicked on the username, the keyboard refused to pop up, yet I could type in my password. Same problem with my AIS simcard - I couldn't type in the username. Now I'm wondering if it's just a matter of time before I won't be able to log in here.

Time for a new iPad, perhaps.

Nirish guy
January 7th, 2016, 17:29
I think based on your trip reports alone there definitely a case for us all chipping in to buy you a new one - mind you if you can afford $600 a fuck then you can afford to buy it yourself I guess so we'll maybe not bother ! ;)

Surfcrest
January 23rd, 2016, 01:35
Members,

While I am working on our ACP, the New Membership Registrations will be temporarily suspended for the rest of today (January 29 or January 30 in Asia).

Thanks,

Surfcrest

dab69
January 23rd, 2016, 03:00
Members,
...While I am working on our ACP, the New Membership Registrations will be temporarily suspended for the rest of today (January 29 or January 30 in Asia).

Thanks,

Surfcrest

wow that's one hellofa time zone difference from here.no wonder I am always so jet-lagged.

Yraen
January 23rd, 2016, 03:52

Better yet, get yourself computer/tablet/phone that conforms to accepted international standards.
Avoid proprietary standards, they will always cause grief trying to interface with the rest-of-the-world.

a447
January 23rd, 2016, 09:04
I was under the impression that an iPad conformed to all international standards. The black log-in page issue only started large last year, so it must be a problem with the board.

For me, a tablet is absolutely necessary ; I can't imagine travelling without one. I just wish I had bought an android one, not Apple.

Surfcrest
January 23rd, 2016, 09:30
No need, stick with the one you have. The newer it is, the more likely that it`s running software that`s a lot newer than our current Board software and more likely you`ll have more issues than you have now. I have a first generation iPad and no problems viewing or even working on the Board. I`m still working on this issue.

Additionally, if you have any issue accessing the site, please send me an email. I`ve recalibrated some of the filters to manage the Spam better and some new IP blocks were recently added.

Surfcrest

Surfcrest
January 28th, 2016, 15:22
Members,

I am continuing to work on the site, if you notice anything odd...please let me know.

Surfcrest

Surfcrest
January 29th, 2016, 06:56
Members,

If you change your password OR are a new member creating a password for the first time you will need to have a number AND a character (Not a number or a letter) in your password.

This will only be a temporary measure to combat SPAM while I am working on other areas of the Site.

Surfcrest