PDA

View Full Version : My apologize, but WTF

oldfarang
January 3rd, 2016, 23:01
What is it with this forum, compared to others, gay or not, but Thailand related.
It seems, well to me anyway, hardly ever anything interesting or useful being posted.
If now and then a topic arrives, it is gone after 4-5 (serious) replies anyway.

It seems this forum only consists out of a small 10+ (sometimes 20+) members whom only talk to each other. Many not nice, just attacking each other, but some nice ones(members/posts) get ignored, because it does not fit in the small group of hardcore posters here.

I was glad to hear the owner, surf-something, wants to move on and sell the joint. Could not believe he thinks this could/would make money. Hope he did not overpaid when he bought it.

As I said many months ago, forums like these are at an end.
There is a whole new world out there and this is just stuck with 10-20+ daily/weekly members, who like to talk/write/insult/bash or whatever to each other or, if you can call it "talking"

I will check in now and then, but me becoming a member (again) after many years, well maybe I changed, or it is time to let go.

Manforallseasons
January 3rd, 2016, 23:58
Have no fear the perfect board for you is here! http://gaysexthailand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=82#p82

cdnmatt
January 4th, 2016, 00:33
Well, if you don't believe anything useful is being posted, why don't you post something useful, instead of just bitching?

Heck, we have a447 posting minute-by-minute reports of the go-go bars. What more do you want?

bucknaway
January 4th, 2016, 00:38
These message boards are fast becoming relics much like the old bbs forums. Before dedicated and fast internet, there was bbs forums, compusurv and prodogy. Times changed and advancements were made a nd along came AOL and instant messaging and forums. Internet became faster and able to support vast users simultaneously and chats sprung up ushering in the dawn of the Internet which soon brought about the diminished role of services like AOL, and all those to slow, or unwilling, unable to adapt.

Forums like this flourished and grew as everyone seem to be flocking to the Internet to feed their need for information as well as sharing information with cyber pals from the world over and it ushered in a golden age for message board trolls. Now a new age is apon us. Small screen internet connected, pocket sized computers all all the rage, face book is keeping like minded friends close, lusted ones closer and the starving off the message board trolls who hAve nto yet adapted.

The new generation is not looking for message boards just as we are not looking for social groups that once satisfied our parents.

The Internet is changing, the way we consume information is evolving. It's not the end just like it was not the end of horses when the automobile came along. Horses still have their place and are enjoyed. So too will these forums have their place......

Surfcrest
January 4th, 2016, 00:39
I was glad to hear the owner, surf-something, wants to move on and sell the joint. Could not believe he thinks this could/would make money. Hope he did not overpaid when he bought it.

There is a whole new world out there and this is just stuck with 10-20+ daily/weekly members, who like to talk/write/insult/bash or whatever to each other or, if you can call it "talking"

I will check in now and then, but me becoming a member (again) after many years, well maybe I changed, or it is time to let go.
It sounds as though you're struggling with it more and you're not even the owner, but rather someone with a choice to be here or not.

I think if you look at the current state of Social Media, the Forum aspect of this Board is alive and well...especially on facebook. If you think the anonymous comments from the membership raise eyebrows...you haven't see what the world (without their anonymity) posts as comments on facebook? In this day and age, I think people do want to post what they think and to be part of general public discussions on the topics of the day...and if anything, that's a trend that's building.

Where things are different here, are with the topic of the day. Thailand has changed a great deal since this Board became in existence, where many of the membership came from. The reasons why the membership came to Thailand or became interested in it initially are not as prevalent anymore and in many respects, Thailand has become just another destination for many of us here and many like us...who have followed since. If you like "Easy to Get Asian Boys" (unlike how much more difficult it is to have the same in any country nearby) then Thailand is still the place for you and that won't change in the next few years, but who knows after that.

The economy in Thailand is getting stronger, there are less and less reasons for bar boys to get into the business and it's becoming less acceptable in Thailand and the world globalizes with Social Media. The sun is definitely setting on this once wondrous "play land" that I found back in the early 90's and who other's were lucky to find and enjoy father back than that. For those who have never experienced that or for those who are still able to build their own magic today, with how Thailand is today then Sawatdee will still be there to lead people to the magic...or to reminisce of the magic of yesteryear.

Surfcrest

Nirish guy
January 4th, 2016, 00:45

And yet strangely you're still here posting away, how ironic.,,,,,

a447
January 4th, 2016, 00:54
I agree with cdnmatt. If you think the board is boring or whatever, why don't you liven it up with some interesting posts?

Manforallseasons
January 4th, 2016, 01:06
The economy in Thailand is getting stronger, there are less and less reasons for bar boys to get into the business and it's becoming less acceptable in Thailand and the world globalizes with Social Media. The sun is definitely setting on this once wondrous "play land" that I found back in the early 90's and who other's were lucky to find and enjoy father back than that. For those who have never experienced that or for those who are still able to build their own magic today, with how Thailand is today then Sawatdee will still be there to lead people to the magic...or to reminisce of the magic of yesteryear.

Surfcrest

Nice to see someone else that is not in denial. I've lived here for 13 years and the paradise that was once is lost. Your paragraph is certainly worthy to stand alone as a Topic.

bucknaway
January 4th, 2016, 03:28
I agree with cdnmatt. If you think the board is boring or whatever, why don't you liven it up with some interesting posts?

I figured he posted this for no other reason than hope and change. Hopeing that by saying something, those that are prone to attack someone for a post may slow or stop their attacks, and change in the hope that once others see that the attacks have stopped, they will feel compelled to post knowing that they need not fear attack from a cyber stranger or troll.

scottish-guy
January 4th, 2016, 04:52
Actually, what might be a step forward is people being prepared to accept criticism or banter without claiming they've been "abused" or "attacked"- when the only thing that has actually happened is their oversized ego has been deservedly pricked.

How come everybody's a "victim" these days?

:ymparty:

Smiles
January 4th, 2016, 05:19
How come everybody's a "victim" these days?

Because self-announced victim-hood provides the perfect opportunity to withdraw from the offending board in dramatic huff and start up their own message board: a "NICE" one, of course.

roguebear
January 4th, 2016, 06:44
Sorry, but I don't find the so called "Nice" boards very interesting. The drama, bantering, bickering and bitch fights along with interesting information keeps me coming back. I appreciate the Free Speech oriented moderation as well. There are other forums for those who prefer "Nice" and controlled environments. I read them all and find lots of good information, but the discourse on this board makes it my favorite.

arsenal
January 4th, 2016, 07:26
Oldfarang: I think you're using the phrase WTF incorrectly. It denote considerable surprise, even shock. Surely the fact that this board does not thrill you is not in itself surprising or shocking?

christianpfc
January 14th, 2016, 10:16
It seems, well to me anyway, hardly ever anything interesting or useful being posted.
It seems this forum only consists out of a small 10+ (sometimes 20+) members whom only talk to each other.

There is only a limited amount of information that is if of interest to members of this forum, and that information has been discussed over and over again (drink prices and tips, how to get from airport into town, where to stay, and so on).

There might be only a low number of active members, but I know several people who read this forum but rarely or never post; there must be a large number of these out there.

arsenal
January 14th, 2016, 13:27
There are Christian, They're called lurkers. [-(

rexton
January 15th, 2016, 07:36
Hi a447 Where can we follow reports of your current destination....?

Surfcrest
January 15th, 2016, 09:57
Hi a447 Where can we follow reports of your current destination....?

Right here!

http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/pattaya-report-t35732.html

http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/chiang-mai-report-t35523.html

http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/bangkok-report-2015-t35351.html

http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/kuala-lumpur-report-t36073.html

http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/phnom-penh-report-june-t33276.html

http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/prague-report-t34374.html

http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/budapest-report-t34293.html

http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/kuala-lumpur-report-t32592.html

These are just the recent entries, so many great reports in the archives from a447 :)

Surfcrest

a447
January 15th, 2016, 10:31
Not much happening in Kuala Lumpur at the moment.

There will be some action tonight at the sauna.