PDA

View Full Version : SNOW !!

bruce_nyc
December 24th, 2015, 17:53
Is anyone in the US, Europe, etc.... anywhere there's snow... Could you post some pictures from *now*.... of snow there... please?

( My bf is *dying* to see real snow for the first time next month! )

He's listening to [youtube:2u2ed1bn]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmg5lEfFGHQ[/youtube:2u2ed1bn]..... :x

cdnmatt
December 24th, 2015, 18:05
Considering you're an expert IT consultant and have been in the field for 37 years, you should have heard of http://images.google.com/ by now.

llz
December 24th, 2015, 18:20
Not a lot of snow in most parts of Europe now (and big problems ahead for ski resorts ...)

anonone
December 24th, 2015, 18:37
I would be happy to help you out, Bruce...but it is uncharacteristically HOT for the end of December in the Mid West USA now.
Thunderstorms, tornado warnings, and 70 degree temperatures last night. Crazy.

Surfcrest
December 25th, 2015, 03:15
It's the day before Christmas here in Vancouver, the most unlikely of the Canadian cities to get snow (It's been over a year since our last brief dusting). However, I just got back from picking up the essentials for Christmas and it looks like we're probably going to get some...perhaps as the sun begins to set in a few hours. They've been calling for it today and tomorrow and then that should wrap winter up for us...at least those of us at the beach or at sea level. Looking over to North Vancouver, where the mountains rise up from the coast the three local mountains are enjoying a good ski season already and the big resorts Whistler, Blackcomb and Washington are buried in snow.

If it starts coming down while I have my camera handy, I'll take some shots for you.

Surfcrest

Nirish guy
December 25th, 2015, 15:37
Likewise unfortunately ( for you) unseasonably hot here, not a pick of snow in sight and people out doing their last minute christmas shopping with not even a jacket on yesterday - the worlds climate is definitely fucked I think !

christianpfc
December 27th, 2015, 10:37
Similar for Germany. My parents report warm weather (15 degree during day, 5 degree at night), no snow.

Surfcrest
December 27th, 2015, 15:31
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/Surfcrest/IMG_4270.jpg

This is a view from my kitchen window over Stanley Park and towards West & North Vancouver. The snow line almost made it down to sea level and then it cleared and we enjoyed a full moon instead. It will remain cold here for another few weeks, we'll do the Polar Bear swim down at English Bay on New Year's Day and then the flowers start coming up in early January. The last time we had any real snow was 2009.

I'm going to move this to Everything Else....as stroke prevention (lol).

Surfcrest

bruce_nyc
December 27th, 2015, 15:41
Wow. Beautiful! :ymapplause:

scottish-guy
December 27th, 2015, 21:40
Here in Scotland it's uncharacteristically mild - so I guess we may have to wait until Summer for snow! :))

Bruce's query reminds me though of the number of times Thai bar boys have bemoaned the fact that "I never see snow" and I've even had requests to bring some back with me next time!

On trying to explain it would melt in transit I was advised "...but you can put it in a box" :))

MiniMee
December 28th, 2015, 08:15
Never mind the snow melting; those Thai bar boys will have grown old waiting for you to return, eh scottie?

scottish-guy
December 28th, 2015, 15:36
I don't worry about "old" bar boys - as Latintopxxx will gladly you tell you, there's always fresh meat on the table whenever one arrives.

MiniMee
December 28th, 2015, 20:07
Indeed. But one would actually have to arrive if one was to sample the fresh meat, wouldn't one?

When was the last time you arrived in Thailand scottie?

scottish-guy
December 28th, 2015, 22:10
That's easy to answer - it was the time before the next time

Nirish guy
December 28th, 2015, 23:59
MiniMee whats the reason for the hard on you have with SG re that if I may ask ? You're like a broken record and it's obvious after all these months and years that SG isn't going to bite to your line of questioning anyway so what's the point?

And anyway since when was it a pre requisite of the Board that someone has / had to be in Thailand within any particular set time period (or ever) before they could freely post here without being continually harangued about that anyway ?

It's not like SG is implying he's there now or that he's playing some game with the board as to visiting every other month, so ......what's your point I wonder as other than SG stating he may or may not have been in Thailand within the last year, five years or twenty five years even, so what, who cares ( other than you it seems)?

a447
December 29th, 2015, 19:45
Well said, Nirish.

Minimee, why don't you ask the same question of all the other members of the board?

christianpfc
December 29th, 2015, 23:26
There is snow in Sweden. A boy I met some years ago in Pattaya is now in Sweden and posts pictures of him in snow.

There are several ice bars (Pattaya Walking street, I'm sure somewhere in Bangkok as well), there is Ice Dome in Hat Yai (I went in January) and there is Snow Town in Gateway Ekamai and Harbin Ice Wonderland near BTS Bearing that I know of, possible even more.