PDA

View Full Version : why does alternative to Western Union remain on Gay Thailand

lonelywombat
December 18th, 2015, 15:51
Surely this topic on bitcoin, despite being so interesting to surfcrest ,should be moved

Nirish guy
December 18th, 2015, 16:01
Because some / a lot members send money to their friends and loved ones from theirs Countries to Thailand and use western union to do that, hence the original discussion topic - if it pains you to read it then you don't have too. Some people have little to moan about.

Surfcrest
December 18th, 2015, 16:35
Because some / a lot members send money to their friends and loved ones from theirs Countries to Thailand and use western union to do that, hence the original discussion topic.
Precisely, thank you Nirish guy... :ymhug:

Surfcrest

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/Surfcrest/LW_hydra-4_1.jpg

Smiles
December 18th, 2015, 23:30
The original topic, Lonely my man, has morphed into other branches, other eras, other univereses (see: the Massive Hadron Collider etcetcetc).Ti'z the way of the world Lonely, on message boards ... try break dancing or Bitcoin peddlin': they are one of a kind.
The philosophical part of this latest Lonely incomprehensible conversation is that thank christ Wombats are disqualified from running as candidates for the office of POTUS (or NZPM in N zealand). The downside is that actual Wombat's are in fact allowed to participate in the same genre during New Zealand's next election in 2068.
Thank christ wombat's are close to extinction.

December 19th, 2015, 01:49
Surely this topic on bitcoin, despite being so interesting to surfcrest ,should be moved
As the OP for the thread I haven't thrown a tantrum when the topic has meandered off into a discussion about bitcoin. As Smiles says it's the way of the world when it comes to discussion boards like this. However a number of posters have asked why the Moderator hasn't split the bitcoin posts off from the original since they gave taken on a life of their own (the thread is up to 12 pages already). In the meantime it's encompassed the original topic, Bitcoin and Matt's attempted reconciliation with Kim. Bruce and Matt have been endlessly entertaining. Frankly it has kept me young but has also confirmed my views about Matt's IT "skills". Win-win.

lonelywombat
December 19th, 2015, 08:18
Rarely kommentariat do I agree with you, but when you look at the way some posts are transferred off the main board by surfcrest, it is not consistent.

The question should also be asked about the daily reprint on non gay news, in protests update.

December 19th, 2015, 11:41
The question should also be asked about the daily reprint on non gay news, in protests update.
You've got this long-running bee in your bonnet that we can only "talk gay" in the Thailand forum. The sub-text for the Forum is "Any and all subjects about Gay Thailand and all the stuff that happens in Gay Thailand". It doesn't say "Any and all gay subjects about Thailand and all the gay stuff that happens in Thailand". The subtext for the Gay World forum reads "Topics about anywhere on the planet". It's a reasonable inference therefore that if it's not about Thailand but is about somewhere else that we can locate it goes in Gay World; if it's about Thailand it goes in Gay Thailand; and if it's not location-specific eg. Bitcoin it goes in Everything Else, whose sub-text is "An open discussion forum on everything else"

That convention has been in place for years and years and years - have you not been paying attention?

lonelywombat
December 19th, 2015, 12:51
Sawatdee Gay Thailand
Any and all subjects about Gay Thailand and all the stuff that happens in Gay Thailand.

"Any and all subjects about Gay Thailand and all the stuff that happens in Gay Thailand""

Sawatdee Gay World
Topics about anywhere on the planet.

"Topics about anywhere on the planet". It's a reasonable inference therefore that if it's not about Thailand but is about somewhere else that we can locate it goes in Gay World

18 Dec 2015 21:09
Unread posts Everything Else
An open discussion forum on everything else.

if it's not location-specific eg. Bitcoin it goes in Everything Else, whose sub-text is "An open discussion forum on everything else"

if it's about Thailand it goes in Gay Thailand; and if it's not location-specific eg. Bitcoin it goes in Everything Else, whose sub-text is "An open discussion forum on everything else"

Nirish guy
December 19th, 2015, 19:57
Do you ONLY sit in bars and cafes and talk about gay subjects with friends, or do you have discussions about the wider world ? If it's only the former and not the latter then what a mundane and shallow existence you must lead, for me it's the breath of fresh air topics that crop up such a Bitcoin etc that make and keep the board fresh and worth coming back to check in on otherwise it would all be "how much for a beer and what's the off fee for a boy in XX" - how depressing is THAT !

francois
December 19th, 2015, 21:59
... for me it's the breath of fresh air topics that crop up such a Bitcoin etc that make and keep the board fresh and worth coming back to check in on otherwise it would all be "how much for a beer and what's the off fee for a boy in XX" - how depressing is THAT !

The bitcoin discussion is as boring as boring can get especially those two who are involved in it. Rather know more about boyz and beer in XX. ;)

catawampuscat
December 20th, 2015, 00:03
Francois hit the nail on the head.

Nirish guy
December 20th, 2015, 05:24
and there's the beauty of the board, we all think different things and still log on - vive la difference !

arsenal
December 20th, 2015, 06:08
Wombat: In case you hadn't noticed the title of this board is Sawatdee Network with absolutely no mention of anything gay. Therefore as a network it is up to the members to decide what they wish to discuss. NIrish's suggestion that you don't read the posts/threads you don't like seems like a suitable compromise that will satisfy everyone.

lonelywombat
December 20th, 2015, 08:26
arsenal this forum is called Gay Thailand Forum. It is part of the sawatdee network.
My comments is that surfcrest deletes things relating to GayThailand on a whim, yet leaves others like bitcoin remain.
Probably because he is interested in cdtmatt and bitcoin.

Sawatdee Gay Thailand
Any and all subjects about Gay Thailand and all the stuff that happens in Gay Thailand.

"Any and all subjects about Gay Thailand and all the stuff that happens in Gay Thailand""

Wombat: In case you hadn't noticed the title of this board is Sawatdee Network with absolutely no mention of anything gay. Therefore as a network it is up to the members to decide what they wish to discuss. NIrish's suggestion that you don't read the posts/threads you don't like seems like a suitable compromise that will satisfy everyone.

The why do we need the various forums If you and NIrish are correct, only one forum is needed.

December 20th, 2015, 10:47
Tell you what, Wombat - you buy the Forum off Surfcrest and then you can run it any which way you like

Smiles
December 20th, 2015, 13:03
Tell you what, Wombat - you buy the Forum off Surfcrest and then you can run it any which way you like
Hang on, hang on. Are you not Herr Kommentariet ... the very person who has been whining without let up regarding just about every aspect (including eyeball rolling minutiae) of Surfcrest's moderation of this board? For years in fact.
Nervy bitch!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
(There you go Wombatty, a perfect example of a thread going off topic. In this case, the thread is now "about Kommentariat", and not "about You". Notice how easy that was ... B-) Let's divide it up and move it, shall we?
And by the way, your two cut&pastes were not deleted. They still live a comfy life in the Everything Else Forum.)

lonelywombat
December 20th, 2015, 14:59

No kommentariat you seem to feel you have ownership of the forum. It is interesting to look back at all your history, to consider who you were originally?

It has often mentioned that despite your supposedly international location, you are probably still in Australia.

arsenal
December 20th, 2015, 15:17
Wombat is beginning to sound like a man drowning under his own spluttering phlegm. Australia is an international location for everyone who is not in Australia.

Smiles
December 20th, 2015, 15:37
It is interesting to look back at all your history, to consider who you were originally?
I'll bite. Who was he originally?

(PS ... it should have been "considering", not "to consider". Just trying to help you out.)

arsenal
December 20th, 2015, 17:49
I believe he was Brisbane guy at one point although I have no evidence that would stand up in court. But I understand Surfcrest does.

Nirish guy
December 20th, 2015, 18:43
god forbid ! :-)

Mind you I'm sure those other few rip off copy sites that Neal paid to get made in his futile attempts to try and con Surf off are still kicking about on someones server so I guess "Sawatdee Two - Neal's Revenge Returns" ( starting in cinemas near you shortly lol) would never be that far away if needed. What was that called again, oh yes the "gentleman board" lol - oh well, that rules most of us lot out then as posters that's for sure ! - :-)

scottish-guy
December 20th, 2015, 19:20
If there is going to be a (obviously, Horror) movie about Neal re-emerging to wreak revenge on people then surely it should be called "The Return of The Blob"

[attachment=0:2d8pagih]NippingOutForMoreFood.jpg[/attachment:2d8pagih]

Sen Yai
December 20th, 2015, 19:21
I'll bite. Who was he originally?

Smiles, as you and I both know, it depends on what you mean by 'originally'.

bruce_nyc
December 20th, 2015, 20:45
....has also confirmed my views about Matt's IT "skills".

:ymapplause:

Question to Ponder: If a gay person discusses a topic.... is that therefore, by definition, a gay topic.... or, in other words, a topic gays discuss....?

:D

Smiles
December 20th, 2015, 23:21
Question to Ponder: If a gay person discusses a topic.... is that therefore, by definition, a gay topic.... or, in other words, a topic gays discuss....?
Question to ponder: does Brucie have any depth deeper than a puddle of piss on a flat surface?

scottish-guy
December 21st, 2015, 00:13
=))