PDA

View Full Version : Sheraton Pattaya Resort

bruce_nyc
December 12th, 2015, 09:30
Has anyone ever stayed at the Sheraton Pattaya Resort...?

I haven't... but we're thinking of going there for a few days.

I'd love your feedback. Especially regarding things like bringing boys back.... travel convenience to get to/from your favorite night spots..... pools and amenities and rooms and service, etc....

( http://www.sheratonpattayaresort.com/ )

bruce_nyc
December 17th, 2015, 13:22
Nobody has ever stayed at the Sheraton before......?

I'm surprised....

I'm thinking of planning a last minute trip to spend Christmas / New Years week in Pattaya.

francois
December 17th, 2015, 23:00
Looking forward to your report, you can be the first one on the scene. Usually I book at something more upscale.

bruce_nyc
December 18th, 2015, 09:22
Yea. If I go alone, I'm fine with the Ambiance. The convenience is so nice. But the beds so suck.... compared to a 5 star hotel.

So I must choose between..... a *great* bed and sleep.... ( sheraton etc) or crazy easy *convenient* location and no taxis... ( ambiance)....

I probably won't have time to lounge poolside anyway. Too much great sex to have!

Hmmmmm.

Andaman!
December 18th, 2015, 13:11
You could try to Hotel Barraquda by M Collection (an Accor property) which gives you the comfort you desire within walking distance. http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-889 ... ndex.shtml (http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-8891-hotel-baraquda-pattaya-mgallery-collection/index.shtml)

bruce_nyc
December 18th, 2015, 17:51
Worth taking a look. Thanks.

The Hilton is a quick and easy songtow ride away too.

I guess I'm slightly biased toward my spg.com hotels... since I'm a gold status now. :)

Andaman!
December 19th, 2015, 08:19
Bruce, If you have SPG Gold, you can not get a status match to Hilton Honors Gold. If you are not already a Hilton Honors member, you first need to join Hilton Honors which is instant from their website. Then email hhonormystatus@hilton.com with details of your Hilton Honors account and attach a screenshot of your SPG Gold status including number of stays this year (from my account action of spg.com). Within a few days they will confirm your status match and you will have Hilton Gold through to spring 2015. I did it earlier this month and got Gold within 24 hours.

Nathan B
December 20th, 2015, 00:10
Looking forward to your report, you can be the first one on the scene. Usually I book at something more upscale.
Not sure there's anything much more upscale in Pattaya than the Sheraton.

I haven't stayed there, put have looked across from the beach at the Royal Wing Suites & Spa next door....which is my favourite hotel in Pattaya... a proper 5 star, with individual service. The Royal Wing building looks a bit dated now, but the suites are excellent. Local taxis congregate on the road outside and can be summoned to reception to pick you up, so I assume they also do at the Sheraton. They charge 300 Baht to Pattaya. The hotel limo is a little more. Songtaews back are 200B.

anonone
December 20th, 2015, 07:34
Bruce, If you have SPG Gold, you can not get a status match to Hilton Honors Gold. If you are not already a Hilton Honors member, you first need to join Hilton Honors which is instant from their website. Then email hhonormystatus@hilton.com with details of your Hilton Honors account and attach a screenshot of your SPG Gold status including number of stays this year (from my account action of spg.com). Within a few days they will confirm your status match and you will have Hilton Gold through to spring 2015. I did it earlier this month and got Gold within 24 hours.

This is accurate, and can also be done with certain airlines status, as well as rental cars. Be aware though, that it is usually a 1 time shot. Very worthwhile if you plan on spending many nights with a new chain, but probably better to keep it as a future option if you are just contemplating it for a single trip.