PDA

View Full Version : A closer look at Montys

lonelywombat
June 29th, 2006, 08:31
Last night at the gay asian disco at Lotus in Melbourne, I was asked about Montys by a lurker
who regularly reads this forum but never posts.

He asked for some photos or links.

I thought others might be interested as well, so instead of email here are the links

The B&B with photos of the foyer and rooms
http://www.suneeplaza.com/

click on Montys pool and bar and you get pics of the bar and down the bottom, what it was like before Monty took it over

June 29th, 2006, 08:47
the gay asian disco at LotusIs the dreaded Fritz still running the place and groping every boy in sight?

bing
June 29th, 2006, 08:58
There are lots of guys who read but don't post, and that is ok.. If you are new to the city of Pattaya - go to the Wednesday evening meeting at Thais4life and then make sure to stop in at some time and meet Monty. He will add spice to your trip, he has done this for me. Word to the wise, dont wear a nice shirt with tie,,,, He is Aussie,,, His pool is a nice alternative to the beach or a destination after the beach. I have enjoyed his company and you probably will too.

June 29th, 2006, 09:32
dont wear a nice shirt with tie<chortle>. A tie? On holiday? In Pattaya?

lonelywombat
June 29th, 2006, 09:33
the gay asian disco at LotusIs the dreaded Fritz still running the place and groping every boy in sight?

No Fritz sold out several years ago and the New Lotus aka Star Hotel is being renovated as I type. About to be renames Opium den

Last saturday was the 10th anniversary of Star Hotel as a gay venue and Lotus is 15 years old. This makesLotus the longest running gay asian event in Oz

June 29th, 2006, 09:40
No Fritz sold out several years agoJust as well he owned the freehold. I can't see the Lotus brand being one to command much of a premium

June 30th, 2006, 05:06
a visit to Pattaya isn't on uness you at least call into Monty's for a cup of tea.it's like being in someone's friendly living room. Well actually you are in someone's living room..Monty's that seems to double as a foyer but it is the most friendly place.

I've met titled English gentlemen, Spanish millionaires and even the fabled John Botting taking tea of an afternoon at Montys..it's a most friendly place and if you truly want the very best steak in town, you will find none better than served at this joint.

Incidently that dingo-ish looking dog of Montys is rumoured to be an off-spring of the legendary mutt that "stole my baby" as uttered by the gorgeous Meryl Streep in Evil Angels in that Aussie accent.

Dodger
June 30th, 2006, 07:25
Pearle...I agree.

After enjoying my first breakfast in the company of Monty, Lek and Miss Bonnie, I was hooked. During my last holiday I traveled from Jomtien to Soi Yensabai almost every morning to repeat this pleasurable experience.

Monty has the charisma of Popeye the Sailor Man and the warmth of someone you feel like you've known your whole life. I stumbled into the B&B once during Songkran soaking wet from head-to-toe, and in a flash, Monty came out of the back room and handed me a fresh change of clothes. He is the type of person that really enjoys doing things to help others, and always with a sly grin and slice of humor. We were friends immediately.

I don't want this to turn into another Niddy's Nook thread, but I'll tell you straight, Monty's serves the best cheezeburger & fries that you find anywhere in PTY. Sorry Chris, your's are OK, but Monty's rules the roost.

I can't wait to return.

June 30th, 2006, 07:31
I've met titled English gentlemen, Spanish millionaires and even the fabled John Botting taking tea of an afternoon at MontysHow are the cucumber sandwiches?

June 30th, 2006, 08:03
Pearle...I agree.

After enjoying my first breakfast in the company of Monty, Lek and Miss Bonnie, I was hooked. During my last holiday I traveled from Jomtien to Soi Yensabai almost every morning to repeat this pleasurable experience.

Monty has the charisma of Popeye the Sailor Man and the warmth of someone you feel like you've known your whole life. I stumbled into the B&B once during Songkran soaking wet from head-to-toe, and in a flash, Monty came out of the back room and handed me a fresh change of clothes. He is the type of person that really enjoys doing things to help others, and always with a sly grin and slice of humor. We were friends immediately.

I don't want this to turn into another Niddy's Nook thread, but I'll tell you straight, Monty's serves the best cheezeburger & fries that you find anywhere in PTY. Sorry Chris, your's are OK, but Monty's rules the roost.

I can't wait to return.

I have a complete other lifestyle as Monty but when i first met, i feel his charisma, Monty is real a not nonsense person a real good hart Aussie.

Other hand AT, Chris, is more my life style and i am sad about the postings " Niddy's Nook", i real not care about the best cheeseburger but the warm welcome i did find on Monty's and Niddy's.