View Full Version : Fraternit├й etc etc etc ...

Smiles
November 15th, 2015, 08:38
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sawatdeephotos/Bassas-da-India-Flag-13_zpsx8ovycpu.jpg

francois
November 15th, 2015, 22:59
The other Paris, The Paris of the Middle East, Beirut, Lebanon was also hit by terrorists whereby 40+ people were killed but little mention in the news.

On the other hand, 100 people die everyday die in USA as a result of auto accidents and no one gives a shit.

francois
November 16th, 2015, 13:08
Continuing my rant, in USA another 30,000+ are killed by firearms every year with 500+ accidental deaths due to firearms. Do the politicians who cry for war with ISIS and terrorists care about these type of deaths? NO.

francois
November 16th, 2015, 13:52
In fraternit├й and respect for our French cousins, please stand for La Marseillaise :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqZ4GQ5ZPME

scottish-guy
November 16th, 2015, 17:45
Francois, I have to agree with all the sentiments you have posted.

Of course everyone should express the utmost sympathy for the bereaved relatives of those killed in France - but the almost hysterical reaction in the UK (for example) stands in stark contrast to what it would have been had the outrage happened in the Middle East.

This morning, in Scotland, the state broadcaster (BBC) has devoted all programming from 8.30am to 12 noon on discussion of the events in Paris.

Whilst in no way minimising the atrocity which was carried out in Paris - as you suggest yourself, had the British, Americans, French, or the Israelis indiscriminately murdered 140 Iraquis, Syrians, or Palestinians - very little would have been heard about it.

We in the West are reaping exactly what we have sown in the Middle East - yet we continue to plant more crops.

Dragging Blair and GW Bush in front of the International Criminal Court in the Hague, on charges of War crimes might be a good start.

latintopxxx
November 17th, 2015, 00:54
oh lord...there u go again..r u off your meds??? Now remember 1+1 is not 11.

scottish-guy
November 18th, 2015, 01:28
You're about as funny as a rectal prolapse mate.

Surfcrest
November 18th, 2015, 03:22
Well, the entire situation is quite bizarre. The Americans seem to be saying they won't commit to boots on the ground to fight ISIS, or more appropriately described as cleaning up the mess they made when they invaded Iraq under George W. Bush. The notion appears to be that they will support any other country that moves to a ground war.

Canada, who never joined the "coalition" against Iraq is now rightfully saying they will pull our CF18's from the bombing mission started by our previous government and they will put soldiers on the ground for training purposes, but that should be on the condition (in my opinion) that the United States of America promises never again to create a mess like this in the world.

[youtube:cpoxntge]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6kdi1UXxhY[/youtube:cpoxntge]

Surfcrest

November 18th, 2015, 11:53
Dragging Blair and GW Bush in front of the International Criminal Court in the Hague, on charges of War crimes might be a good start.
It would but it's unlikely to happen. Perhaps Peter Tatchell can try another Citizen's Arrest?

scottish-guy
November 18th, 2015, 15:21
Oh I realise it's highly unlikely to happen, but it should.

I rather suspect Peter Tatchell would meet a fate at the hands of US/UK security forces that Mugabe's henchmen were unable to dish out.

November 19th, 2015, 16:41
I rather suspect Peter Tatchell would meet a fate at the hands of US/UK security forces that Mugabe's henchmen were unable to dish out.
One can but hope